SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

CV advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the section on hobbies and interests, should I mention seeding, baiting, and teasing 419 scammers? (or perhaps kite flying)
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any prospective employer will be thrilled to know that you intend to use their bandwidth, network, etc. (not to mention their time) to send gobs of pointless emails to 419 scammers.

Be sure to mention that you'd like to have access to their graphic arts department to help you knock up some realistic looking forms and you'll be in like Flint.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm onto it Wink

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be a worse kiss of death than listing musician under interests. Cool I found out as a young man that employers are a little gun shy of guitar players so I stopped mentioning it. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not at my office they aren't! More than half of the male employees are guitarists. Hehe. I disinguish between male and female employees because there are not many female guitarists. Good ones anyway. Shocked

Wouldn't mention it though...

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Have you ever heard Charo? She is fabulous!

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BWHAHAHAHA!!! Can't stop laughing!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find 'stamp collecting' and 'meeting new people' usually gets me the gig. Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Major Incident
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like BEER.....

Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have yet to list F1 as one of my hobbies in my resume...

waits patiently for a Kleindoofy quip...

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Falconry anyone? I indeed do still take part in ye olde englishe paste timee of the sport of kings (And Arab Oil Sheiks)

Ivory Coast x1
Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the answer depends on what type of job you are looking for, what stage your career is at, and what you hope to achieve by listing scambaiting as a skill or interest.

Probably most employers won't know what scambaiting means or involves so listing this as a hobby seems unlikely to win you that many points one way or the other. I also suppose there is a risk someone could see it as a "dangerous" or "irreverent" pastime (or, far worse, only read the word "scam" and associate you with that), but who knows... listing this down might also lead to an interesting discussion during an interview that helps to set you apart as a creative thinker.

Anyway, I really doubt very many potential employers will rule you out simply for listing scambaiting on your CV (maybe I'm wrong about that, but if they did, would you want to work for them in the first place? Wink )
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a singer! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fistymus wrote:
Falconry anyone? I indeed do still take part in ye olde englishe paste timee of the sport of kings (And Arab Oil Sheiks)

I once took a flight from Dubai to Pakistan, and one of the local princes put his two falcons on their stand into a double business class seat - the airline covered the seats first and had some strapping to secure the frame to the seat belt system. The birds just sat there with their hoods on and tethered to the frame by one legstrap, they never made a sound. Of course the local prince didn't sit with them, he was up front in 1st class.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think interacting with internet criminals will win you many brownie points, unless you are joining the police force.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
sorcerer88
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

on any cv there is usually a place for listing hobbies and interests. if you are in doubt about that see popular websites that help with writing a cv or resumes like www.monster.com or www.hotjobs.com or
www careerbuilders.com or www.americasjobbank.com
all of them are FREE!

now then about being an active person with 419eater.com

phrase the activity in terms of a hobby or avocation involved with
a) amateur investigation of fraud or swindle
b) computer expertise in amateur "cyber-crime" investigation

that way you could find jobs in being a professional fraud investigator for a bank or surety agency firm ( e.g. "skip tracer",bounty hunter,collections agency)

or find a pathway into criminology,law enforcement,insurance investigations, or computer cyber -security

GOOD LUCK

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorcerer88 wrote:
on any cv there is usually a place for listing hobbies and interests. if you are in doubt about that see popular websites that help with writing a cv or resumes like www.monster.com or www.hotjobs.com or
www careerbuilders.com or www.americasjobbank.com
all of them are FREE!

now then about being an active person with 419eater.com

phrase the activity in terms of a hobby or avocation involved with
a) amateur investigation of fraud or swindle
b) computer expertise in amateur "cyber-crime" investigation

that way you could find jobs in being a professional fraud investigator for a bank or surety agency firm ( e.g. "skip tracer",bounty hunter,collections agency)

or find a pathway into criminology,law enforcement,insurance investigations, or computer cyber -security

GOOD LUCK

I WANNA BE DOG! Wink

Ivory Coast x1
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Standard Procedure wrote:
I have yet to list F1 as one of my hobbies in my resume ...

Well, being able to state that you have actively taken part in F1 might be a good addition to a CV.

However, pointing out that that you enjoy sitting around on the couch every second Sunday in your underwear drinking beer and watching millionaires drive around in circles might not be too good. Wink

Standard Procedure wrote:
waits patiently for a Kleindoofy quip...

Good enough?
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kleingoofy, you forgot to mention the scratching of one's "chaps" during the watching. Laughing

Ivory Coast x1
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fistymus wrote:
Kleingoofy

Shocked

Brave
Much?

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops, too much energy drinks for me Laughing

Ivory Coast x1
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had to discourage a friend from listing "watersports" under hobbies on her CV.

Shortly after I started baiting, I got a job where I needed to use PhotoShop. So baiting actually helped me develop job skills. Didn't mention baiting when I got hired, however.
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was shown a CV once where under "other information" he had put:

1. 1984 Criminal damage - Conditonal discharge
2. 1986 Breach of the peace - bound over
3. 1987 Drink driving - 1 year ban, �200 fine
4. 1987 Affray - �250 fine
5. 1989 Drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest - �150 fine

Surprisingly he failed to get shortlisted for interview.

(another applicant who was interviewed was asked why he wanted the job and he said "I'll apply for any job going because anything's better than the shit I'm currently doing")

get your baiting forms here
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

seriously lmfso at some of the replies here!

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
However, pointing out that that you enjoy sitting around on the couch every second Sunday in your underwear drinking beer and watching millionaires drive around in circles might not be too good. Wink

Good enough?

I could say the same about baseball being the sport where you watch millionaires sitting around watching a guy with a stick trying to hit a ball Very Happy (I'm so banned!)

It will do for now...

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic