SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Does your lad work the night shift?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
baitshack
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the interest of learning all I can about the lads, I came up with the idea that the time of day they are online could hold a clue to how far up the scammer ladder they are.

Bigwigs get the Internet cafe seats during the day and evening while the grunts have to wait until late night.

Any thoughts?

"Know thy enemy." Smile
icepeople
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine seems to work the night shift. I'm working on a tag-team of lads and they both seem inexpirienced. They made no effort to gain my trust. They simply went straight to demanding money after the second email. They are only demanding $150.00 from me. I never had such small potatoes demanded from me, but I guess a smaller fee is more realistic looking to a potential victim. $150.00 goes a long way in Nigeria anyway.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had many lads who work the midnight to 6AM shift when the Internet cafe costs are lower. It's a pretty good sign that they are smallbois, and that means they're hungrier and easier to screw over than some gang members. My current favorite lad used to write during his daytime hours but after months of being jerked around by two of my baiting characters he's become a night worker. I like that. Very Happy

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
icepeople
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright! I smell a trophy coming on. I'm already telling them that I can't wire money until they fill out an application(typed it up myself). I'm sending it to them tomorrow. This guy is VERY impatient too. Therefore the application will take a week to process before I can send him anything.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of mine seems to work 24/7, I suspect he has his own computer. He's marginally better than every other scammer I've worked with too, so I guess he's been successful in the past Evil or Very Mad

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
how far up the scammer ladder they are.
Smile There is no ladder. Experience defines which lads are looked up to as a mentor. That is all. Actually, the lads with the money can pay for a lock-in and stay in the cafe all night. The beginners have to share the computers during the day and can only afford a few hours at a time.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"

Last edited by DrWho on Wed May 16, 2007 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ice

Quote:
They made no effort to gain my trust. They simply went straight to demanding money after the second email. They are only demanding $150.00 from me.

Are they Lotto Lads? If so, thats not uncommon. Lotto Lads don't play well with others. Smile Lotto Lads get straight to the point and usually ask for less than $3000 and in some cases less than $1000. Most baiters don't like lotto for that reason.

I do alot of lotto and compared to other modalities like "dead bank customer" scams, my success rate is very low. If you are new you might want to avoid lotto lads to increase your overall baiting pleasure. Especially if you are a trophy hunter. Wink

Always,
B. A. Ware
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Handy tool for keeping track of what time it is for your lads. . . if you have them in different countries:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/setpersonal.html

You can personalize your own chart.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
icepeople
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@B A Ware

No. They're not using the lotto format. These guys are doing the one where a courier is supposed to show up at my doorstep. They say they have a lockbox of $800,00.00. I don't really work on lottery scams since I'm not too familiar yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic