SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone remember "Davis Cole"

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SenorBaits
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I seem to remember the name Davis Cole being used by a mugu a while back, anyone remember what he was running?

Anyway, my employer actually got one from him through a fax. I can't remember the last time I got one this way. I have to mess with him now!!
BonneSource
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They really send faxes? Wow, would not have thought...
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't say the name rings a bell.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a Nelson Cole, an Adams Cole and a Frank Cole in my inbox in the last two days.
But no Davis Cole.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
SenorBaits
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I've had quite a few different "Cole"s lately, but I thought Davis Cole rang a bell from a long time ago (like '04 or something).

From what I understand, 419 scams really got started back in the day through faxes, but e-mail is cheaper and easier so it quickly replaced fax. This particular one came through on fax, and then was followed up by a number of TTY calls.

My employer came pretty close to falling for an almost identical modality (TTY only last time - no fax, used the name "Denny Jelly" - Wants the business to charge some services/merchandise to a CC + some extra that is to be WUed to him) about a year ago, until I noticed the file and filled them in on what was really going on. This time I'm having my employer tell him (same guy or at least working with the same guy) that we can't help him, but that we can refer him to another local business that can, and then I'll get in touch and start in. Hopefully, I can at least get a number of compromised cards reported to the appropriate financial institutions, but if it is the same quy as last time he is persistant and stupid enough to do some wacky stuff, so I might be able to really have some fun.

I'll let y'all know if anything good comes of it.

BTW, anyone else EVER get faxes these days? (That is, faxes as first contact)
Jason_dinAlt
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed faxes was the way 419 initially got big, but b4 that there were scammers using the same tired old formats with snail mail.

Cole seems to be quite a favorite, in the last two years I have had:

Benson Cole
David Cole
Francis Cole
Joseph Cole
Adams Cole
Martins Cole

but no Davis Cole

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic