SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can someone explain all the different scams...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tiremutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, this is my first post since I joined. Anyway, I've often been emailed by people from Lagos interested in buying things I've listed on Craigslist, and I've been having fun with them at their expense by supposedly shipping an item to them, and their usually sick son, just to get them irritated when nothing arrives and the tracking number is dead. What kind of scam is this called as it's not a 419. I'm just getting into this and interested in reading about all the various crap these "lads" try to pull.

Many Thanks
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413

All is found in the stickies..

Oh and welcome to Eater. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
tiremutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate it.
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hello, this is my first post since I joined

Joined 3rd of May 2007

Why did you wait that long to post Very Happy

As for your question, I think it is the cheque mule scam, but as I only work on 419 and romance scams I am not 100% sure.

BUT I am sure someone will be along soon Cool

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
You called? Very Happy

Very close, Dark Spirit
Its a fake cheque scam, also known as an overpayment scam.
Here's how it works:
You advertise something you are selling on Craigslist, Ebay, or elsewhere on the net. The mugu will contact you pretending to be interested in what you are selling. They will agree to whatever price you set, and will want the item shipped overseas, often to Nigeria. Here's the fun part; the mugu will always send a cheque or money order for more than the item is worth. Sometimes the extra money is for their shipper, sometimes its a supposed mistake, sometimes its some other half-assed excuse. Your erstwhile buyer will then ask you to deposit the cheque, wait for it to clear, ship the item, and send the "overage" via Western Union to their shipper/son/client/ etc. Some generous lads will even tell you to keep a few hundred dollars for the inconvenience.

Here's the scam: the cheque will be good enough to pass a first inspection at the bank, who will then give you "provisional" access to the funds (its sort of a loan until the cheque REALLY clears). Many people do not understand this, and think that the cheque has cleared because the money is in their account. A few days/ weeks/ or even months after the item is shipped and the overage sent off, the bank will discover the fraud and reverse the credit they gave you, pulling the entire amount back out of your bank account. If there is not enough money to cover the bad cheque, your bank WILL come after you for the entire amount, possibly even pressing cheque kiting charges against you with the local police.

This is one of the nastiest scams going, because it preys on people who are naive but completely honest (it doesn't work if they aren't), and it can land the victims in serious hot water with both the bank and the authorities.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks slayerfaith,,

I will get the hang of it all eventually Embarassed but there are so many to learn and at the moment I am dealing with usual mugu 419s and lovescams,, I know cash and love, the 2 biggest evils in the world Twisted Evil

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
No worries. Scam modalities are virii. There are a few basic types (overpayment scams being a major one) to learn, but the formats constantly inbreed and mutate into new and different strains. After awhile, you can nail the basic scam and how it works no matter how much crap the lads pile on to make it look like something new Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
tiremutt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! I signed some guestbooks with a new Yahoo addy, and though I'm currently unemployed, I've been very, very busy with about 4 new catches trying general old 419 scams. I'll tread lightly as I get the hang of this, but I appreciate all the info you've doled out. Very Happy
icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The stickies are a big help. Re read them as you grow into a big strong baiter and remember to sign up for a mentor.
You'll do fine. The key is to waste their time and I've found that to be so easy. Getting the trophies is a little harder.
I still haven't got one I like well enough to post.
And The eater motto is BAIT SAFE Exclamation welcome to the club. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic