SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dan Sela salsa congress scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if this type of scam is covered here but I would like to use your forum to warn people anyway.

Many people, including me, bought passes to a supposed international salsa congress to be held in Lima, Per� in February. Lots of big name dancers and musicians were advertised as appearing, many of whom knew nothing about it and none of whom turned up in Per�. I found out too late that it was never going to happen and that the organiser - Dan Sela - had run other scams in Spain, Canada, US and England involving robotics companies, sales of dancing shoes and now salsa congresses.

The police were informed after information was found on this website http://www.justlanded.com/english/spain/tools/forums/money/carefull_w_fraudster_dan_in_marbella and he was arrested and spent 2 days in jail.

He has threatened people with violence, tried to intimidate the people who have tried to shut down his scams and run smear campaigns and outright libel against anyone who stands up to him.

One of the victims danced on TV to help promote the congress before the discovery that it was all lies. Dan Sela is now using that tv clip via email newsletters, msn and Youtube to promote other false congresses in Cancun and other South American countries. He is giving the impression that the Lima congress took place and was successful.

More details are on www.salsaperu.com and the people fighting for justice and to protect others from being conned would welcome any help and advice you can give.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read some of that link and I was nearly on the floor laughing at all of the "friends of Dan and the Lawyers etc"

I hope someone catches up with him soon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic