SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Australia: 60 Minutes - Sun 13 May - Nigerian Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just saw a trailer and they will be doing an 'expose' of Nigerian scams. It looks like they have some footage of scammers being busted but it could be old stuff. Let's hope they spend some time explaining the various scams and how they work. 60 Minutes is Channel 9's flagship current affairs programme so hopefully they will do more than show pics of mugus running away from a film crew like the last time they did an item like this.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With only a quarter of an hour (assuming that they have three items as usual) I doubt that there'll be much depth.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is anyone able to make a recording of it, for those of us outside Oz?

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There will probably be a link on the Channel 9 website after the broadcast. I will check. Channel 9 has run other stories about these scams but they have always been pretty lame and uninformative. This programme likes to think it has a little more gravitas so let's wait and see.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
jefflebowski
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
... hopefully they will do more than show pics of mugus running away from a film crew like the last time they did an item like this.

Yeah, they should show Mugus running around on fire! Or jumping off a roof! Or even singing YMCA!

Now that would be some good television! Laughing
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just watched it. I thought it was a major improvement on Channel 9's other 419 related stories. Still had a few bits of rotting flesh hanging off it in typical 60 minutes style, but a surprisingly good story overall. Could hardly believe the figures being quoted: millions of dollars a MONTH being ripped out of Australia alone by these shitbags. Shocked I knew it was bad but that's still worse than I thought if it's accurate.

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wasn't too bad really. Got to see some arrests in Nigeria with the co-operation of the EFCC and the involvement of police at the local level in QLD at least. The self-importance overture by the reporter wasn't overwhelming. There is definitely some well-equiped cyber cafe's in Nigeria and by the negative reaction of the ordinary people on the streets of Nigeria after one of the cyber cafe's was raided the reality of just how dependant Nigeria is on scam revenue is obvious.

Sadly, the typical victim, in this case by "Graham" was portrayed as dumb, stupid and gulliable (I think at least two of those words were actually used). This won't help to encourage other victims to come forward. Still worth watching.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was pleasantly surprised too. But also depressed because it shows the VAST scale of this 'business'. The Queensland Police now have an internet scam squad which is a good start. The victim portrayed has lost everything (home, business, savings) to several scammers over the course of SIXTEEN YEARS. And even now I think he secretly hopes the millions he's been promised are still out there. He said he wasn't going to send any more money but I'm not convinced. Crying or Very sad

This is a transcript off the Channel 9 website. Can't see any video link.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=266309

Last edited by Gnasher on Sun May 13, 2007 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I saw the program pretting funny when the efcc guys stared hittting the lads I kinda feel sorry for the guy but I think he was a bit of an idiot ot keep going for 16 years

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
even now I think he secretly hopes the millions he's been promised are still out there

That seems to be a recurring theme in the 419-related stories I've seen. Regardless of how much money the victim has sent, and how many times it's been explained to them that it's a scam, they still entertain vague hopes of getting their hands on the loot one day.

*** There seems to be about 3 seperate threads on this topic. Any chance of combining them somehow???

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's the same 'madness' that takes over gambling addicts. They pour so much money into that slot machine, that poker game, that lottery that they can't detach themselves from the Big Win and walk away. Of course with gambling the pot of gold is real, albeit almost impossible to reach. Scam victims don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that the jackpot was never there in the first place.

Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I must admit as an Aussie and 419er I was a little disappointed. If the extent of the problem in Australia is as claimed, and there is no reason to question that, then the emphasis should be on educating the masses. I fully accept that once hooked, it would be an addiction, so I think a story with sympathetic and investigative treatment of the victim would be wholly appropriate, so that viewers could see the steps involved in the scam and become aware of the techniques used.
From my viewpoint it only serves to harden my resolve to disrupt the activities of these scavengers. I was also disappointed that the many thousands of baiters were not given a mention.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess it wouldn't do any harm to drop the journo an email setting out your concerns? He might want to do a follow up piece but will probably also want to interview a baiter. Anyone up for it? [hides behind the sofa]

Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
...He might want to do a follow up piece but will probably also want to interview a baiter. Anyone up for it? [hides behind the sofa]

Hehe, you're the one with near-on 2K in posts so far mate.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Missed it Sad

Gnash, what said up ^^ there is so true, and we live in a country based on gambling, pretty sad?

Last edited by harrya on Sun May 13, 2007 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
FredFlinstone
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw it Smile

a guy got scammed and after he relized he go scammed he kept paying them... So sad Crying or Very sad
Jason_dinAlt
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did anyone record it? I'd like to see it, I dont get FTA terrestial TV here very well, analog is just snow and Digital drops out even with the biggest baddest antenna and amp so I couldnt watch it Sad

On a side note I wonder if that is the victims real name? I used to know a Graham Schoenfisch in the RAAF, I hope its not the same person. Cant imagine it though as he was an officer and very inteligent man.

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would guess this guy is in his late 50s/early 60's. Wife called Dot (natch). Lives in Queensland. It's a pretty unusual name - it could well be him. And he doesn't come across as stupid - he just got sucked into the hole and kept on digging as many victims do. I think it was very brave of him to go on national TV and admit how he's been taken for a long and expensive ride.

up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's very sad that a guy was so stupid and lost everything. I feel very sorry for his family.

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a video link there now

HUGE LONG PAGE-BLOWING LINKY

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

man i love how they dob in their bosses that was the funiest shit , it seemed they wernt offered any lower sentences for dobing them in yet they wanted to bring them down with them

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All the head slapping was rather amusing Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the linky

Smile

Spain x2 United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x20 Goat Goat
By the time I am through with you,that miserable thing inside you call a baby will come out being a goat and hating you for your wickedness. Barrister Ekene
I have been to this place for four times making fool of myself with invalid numbers.I will rather not go there again: Barrister Ekene
For all this pains you have cost to my heart today you must surely die for it. Fuck off and never reply this mail. Linda Wallfan Johnson
crashhoot

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Link insists that I have to download M$ software, don't want to do that.
Anyone else have a different link?

Mark Time, RIP

Armageddon!
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know all the slaps we give them are fun, but when you see it on TV, that's priceless!

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic