SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie to love scam forum

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My baiting has started...Ive gone for the Love scam theme as I see it as a good chance to be creative with my replies.

My first bait arrived today...she/he has asked for pics..what do I do?So far ive told 'her' im on work PC and havent got any pics on that computer..I dont think ploy will last for long...i was tempted to say 'I fear I am too ugly for you and that you may not want to speak to me anymore'.any ideas for stalling 'her' till I can think of something/find some pics of someone.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Google Images- plink in the type of character you want to be and look for sets of the same person.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually don't bother sending vlads a picture at all. Send them a random DLL file renamed to something like pic.bmp a few times and they soon stop asking. They'll even proceed to fall in love with you and send sexy pics and e-mails! As a general rule, they don't care what you look like, only whether you can make it down to the Western Union office with some cash.
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will have to look more into this DLL file method you mentioned-can anyone walk me through it?Im a noob to IT.lol

So far the names in the replied email dont even match to the name on the first email!-lol.Ive pretended I havent noticed-I will bring this in later in a few emails time 'when ive fallen in Love' and expect an explanation.
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DLL files are libraries of code for computer programs. The main reason to use them is because they're large and unreadable. Your scammer is probably on a much slower connection than you, so downloading them will waste a lot more of their time than it will of yours.

You can find lots of them in your C:\windows\system32 folder. Copy (but do not delete or move as Windows may stop working!) one of these to your desktop and rename it to something like pic.jpeg and you can now attach it to your e-mail.

If it doesn't go down well, say it works fine on your computer and send a bigger one. Suggest they upgrade to Vista/Linux or apply some patches. Feel free to change the name a few times and repeat until they stop asking.

Anyway, you're on the right lines with your idea. Love scammers almost always work to a script, so ask lots of questions and get angry if they ignore you.
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info- i will leave the poor lass waiting for pics for a while then send an 'unreadable' file then blame her for not being able to see it,I suppose I could always offer to pay for a new computer later...so many plot lines i dont know where to go-lol
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find a safer way to get unreadale images is to download a picture (any picture at all) from the net, open it in notepad and delete the first dozen or so characters. Voila, one unviewable picture and no risking messing up any of your DLLs.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wayne
thanks for the usefull info.

I will see if she replies to my most recent email and then try send a pic of 'myself'-lolI will try to post up a pic of 'her' later to see who else is dating her.
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After 3 emails I have so many diiscrepancies I dont know where to start,name has changed 3 times and the location twice Laughing

Should I just play ignorant or ask why?

Heres my lovely Susan,Linda,Julia or whatever...

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they make a mistake, don't mention it. Hopefully a real victim will spot it too and become suspicious enough to do some checking.

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget the YAFR thread in the help forum, this can generate junk file for you and you can send them, any size any format.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried the junk file generator and sent some 'pic's howver obviously She couldnt open them so is now asking again.What are the options now?
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make bigger junk files. Send them again. Make helpful suggestions about upgrading to Windows Vista and/or applying Microsoft's latest patches. Repeat until lad's head explodes. Smile

It's a conversation, HB- no need to quote the post right above yours. Wink TS
monkeynuts
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good suggestion-Ive blagged that im a noob to IT and must have made a mistake so far,'she' has shut up about the pics and now wants my number to call me-how do i get around this one?I dont want to use the 'deaf' excuse.
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Use one of the "pimped" numbers in the main forum. If your scammer can actually be bothered to call, they'll take it for you and hopefully record any chats or messages for us all to have agood laugh at.

Alternatively, register at www.k7.net for a free voice-mail/fax number.
Zwolle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I've got no shortage of 419 lads, but how do I go about getting a love scam lad?

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For a quick start, have look in the surplus lads forum. There are usually a few love scammers to be found. For a steady stream of your very own, go to a random dating site and set up a profile.

For maximum effect, you want to appear both rich and naive. A 30-40 something professional looking for his true love is a good starting point. In order not to snag any genuine loveseekers, you should throw in a couple of obvious turnoffs and don't post a pic, or find some hideously ugly one. Then you can put your feet up and wait for them to come rolling in.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic