SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Eavesdropping on mugu email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
4ehgfrsmul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about sending an ASEM to mugus that offered free email forwarding? When I got a response, I would set up two forwarders, one to the requested address and one to my own address. Then, if it turned out my service was being used by a mugu, I could change the forwarding to go to an interested baiter such as yourself. And you could take it from there.

You would see everything that was being sent to the mugu, and if the replies quoted the original message, you would see some of what they were saying. Presumably no personal messages would be intercepted, only mugu business. And if you did get some personal information, you could warn the victim in some way not to send any more, or you could play with the mugu's mind by sending your own emails.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is illegal, therefore, it is not condoned here on Eater.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Prolix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed with YW. Interception of electronic communications is a federal crime here in the U.S.

Interesting that you're the same person who didn't want to lie to the lads. Maybe you need to re-assess exactly what part you want to play in baiting.

"You are criminal, don't write to this box again." - [mask:1]Joseph Foley[/mask:1]

"I TAUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE ASKED AND ALLOWED ME TO GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS
BUT YOU STARTED BEHAVING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DRUNK." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]

"GET LOST. BASTERRD POEPLE." - [mask:1]Paul Dakotan[/mask:1]

"I really thank you for your jokes. But please i want it to put to stop." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]
wanamaker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you not just offer to forward baiters emails as well. Seeing this last post, just what are you up to?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@4ehgfrsmul You didn't read the stickies did you, you bad lad. Rolling Eyes I don't know what we're going to do with you Wink

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the service was explicit in stating that all mail would be scrutinised and forwarded to several appropriate receivers.

I wouldn't see a problem no matter what law it was held under.

I doubt many would be quick on the uptake of the service. However then again.

"I see dumb people" 'disclaimer' ( misquote from some movie)

And the loop continues

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wanamaker wrote:
Did you not just offer to forward baiters emails as well. Seeing this last post, just what are you up to?

I think 4ehgfrsmul meant "it is possible to to divert a lad away from an already aquired victim to a baiter mid-scam".

It's also not illegal to intercept emails if you explicitly state on the site that "every email procesed using this service will be CC'd to a private account for inspection"... I *really* doubt a Lad'll read the fine print, and he'll just click "I accept" and be done with it. Microsoft have used this principle for years ;P

That aside, I don't see much use for the idea other than voyeurism and potentially saving the odd Vic some grief. I doubt the effort involved in managing it would be worth it though.

"I have to pay the sum of tenty thousand dollars" - T0pe 4demola
"I fetch your email when I was stuffing the net" - F4rm M0wgli
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^So, if a lad sends out a mass mail you'll have the systems to cope with it?
If you do keep a copy of each mail it'll take some reading.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
4ehgfrsmul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I don't have the systems to cope with much... (shared server, 4GB disk space, 40GB of bandwidth a month). I was hoping to quickly forward the address to a baiter, once I had seen an email or two, to keep my disk space from being filled up, deleting and ignoring the first wave of responses.

As others have said, I don't think this counts as intercepting someone's email. Especially if I add the fine print suggested. Intercepting presumably means hacking into somebody else's server or somebody else's email account. It requires more technical expertise than I have.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have a problem with tellling lies yet you're willing to Dupe mugus into using a forwarding service so you can steal their emails to spy on what they're doing... Peculiar. Rolling Eyes
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It isn't really lying. He is forwarding the email just as he says and providing a service just as he says. More of a lie by omission which is not really lying at all. It all depends on how you look at it, from a different point of view. Kind of like when Obi-wan didn't tell Luke, Vadar was his father. It wasn't really lying. Nicht var?

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
4ehgfrsmul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As they say, we all have to make our own ethical decisions. Right now, I'm interested in legal decisions. Does anybody know if my suggestion would get me arrested in the US? If not, does anybody want me to forward my scammer email to them? So far I've collected about six mugu bank accounts, mostly with autoresponders.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DrWho wrote:
Kind of like when Obi-wan didn't tell Luke, Vadar was his father. It wasn't really lying. Nicht var?

OOOOOOhhhh....I just love the part when he does find out. What a great use of NOOOOOOOO.....

I bet that must come across the minds of the mugus when they realize they can't collect their $5,000 no matter what they do .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@DrWho: Telling lies is deceit, witholding information is deceit. Both are morally questionable. So why does 4ehgfrsmul have a problem with one and not the other? That's what I'm getting at. Deceit is deceit no matter which way you dress it up.
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\ Have a cigar. Wink

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean a Jedi Knight would be deceitful? Was Luke wise to trust Obi-wan? Did Obi-wan manipulate the truth to his own advantage? Was he baiting Luke to get back at Vadar for forsaking his training?

If so then is there a point where lying for the general good is permissible? If a killer asked if anyone was home and I lied and said 'no', would I be wrong and be considered deceitful and unethical?

I would have to say that I like how 4ehgfrsmul's ethical line varies as the situation changes. Kind of like the Enron employees. And the justifications to provide the peace of mind are nice.

If you want to read the specific US code for this
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_119.html
Penalty is a maximum of 5 years in prison and/or $10000 per day per offense.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't listen to this /\ n00b 4ehgfrsmul. Give it a go. You won't get into any trouble. Trust me. I wouldn't lie. I am a highly ethical person.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
Gantz
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stop picking on me Doc or I'm telling my mum Crying or Very sad

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Summarizing the relevant US law from
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_119.html :
It's not okay for a provider of electronic communications to monitor it to do "service observing or service quality control checks." It's okay for a provider to monitor communications if "one of the parties to the communication has given prior consent to such interception," unless you're doing that to commit a crime.

"A person or entity providing electronic communication service to the public may divulge the contents of any such communication... with the lawful consent of the originator or any addressee or intended recipient of such communication; "
aggg
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh ffs 4ehgfrsmul. NO.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

If you want to do something morally questionable, how about you do it someplace else without the involvement of the rest of us at eater who would quite like to make it through the rest of our lives without the feds knocking at the door?

In fact before you have any further dumbass ideas, how about you read the blasted stickies and do what they say eh, kidster?

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And on that note, I reckon I'll lock it.

I did enjoy the Jedi allusions, though. Laughing

For those of you keeping count, please note that this is my first lock of the day. Feel free to discuss it.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic