SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

This is slightly worrying!!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Skandalus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had a call from someone who called himself patrick, he told me that i had called him and he was returning my call, i said i didnt have he must have the wrong number, anyway he fancied a bit of a chat for some reason. He kept on saying ok ok ok ok ok and calling me my friend, it then dawned on me, having spoken to quiet a few scammers in my time that i might be in fact talking to a scammer! the only problem was when i answed my phone he asked who he was speaking to so i told him my name, and more worryingly he was calling me on my personal mobile.

only after i finished the call i rememberd that i had delt with someone who called himself Dr Patrick Chim....note the sig below......wonder if hes finaly tracked me down, or if the lads are now random cold calling or if it was just some nutter!

"....PLEASE WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUIN MY BUSINESS EFFORTS? WHY DO YOU WANT TO JEOPADISE ALL MY BUSINESS ENDEAVOUR?.......DO YOU NOT HAVE REASONING AND THINKING FACULTIES....." Dr. Patrick Chim
whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont know about you but I would be ordering some spare pairs of underpants right now.

Was this a pay as you go number or contract?

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
Skandalus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Contract!

and ive NEVER used my contact phone for calling scammers, have always baited safe (or so i thought!)

I use gmail accouts and a pay as you go number and a yak number for the scammers to use.

"....PLEASE WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUIN MY BUSINESS EFFORTS? WHY DO YOU WANT TO JEOPADISE ALL MY BUSINESS ENDEAVOUR?.......DO YOU NOT HAVE REASONING AND THINKING FACULTIES....." Dr. Patrick Chim
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you were careless, which you say you weren't, I'd just chalk it up to coincidence.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask yourself these three questions:

1, Are any of your friends evil practical jokers?

2, How many of them know you bait?

3, How many of them know about Paddy chim?

Sounds like a friend is screwing with you to me.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you sure you didnt set up a call forwarding service to your mobile?

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
magildo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is weird for sure and coincidental...

Yesterday afternoon I got a random call on my SkypeIn number from a lad who emailed me a scam message to one of my baiter accounts. I have no idea how he got my number.

Maybe he is trying to feel my out for another scammer to see if I take the "bait" on another scam.

Needless to say, the random call worried me, too. Although the first poster's sounds a bit more alarming.

Also, your avatar scares me.

"they have started beating the elderly boy that followed us and even seized that sign post." Larry
whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is going to sound paranoid but your average lad IS too stupid to know how to use keyloggers.

Isn't he?

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The corollary question to that is "Are you stupid enough to open any attachments you get." The only way to get a keylogger.

They use the name patrick so it could very well be a coincidence. There are many routes to this so you could have messed up somewhere that has no relationship to baiting.

You can compare what he talked about to the baits you have.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"

Last edited by DrWho on Thu May 10, 2007 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ I don't even open e-cards from friends.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay I know I"m a noob, but if you don't open the attachments that the mugus send, how do you get trophies???

I've opened up a couple of attachments from mugus -- fake bank photo id and certificate of deposit. Should I be worried? Where are y'all getting the trophy pictures?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Yakuza
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think they are talking to attachments through MSN instant messenger and sorts, not email.

"All the informations I had about you is that, You are Ruthless and merilessly and heartless Scientist and Politican. ??? Why are you wearing gloves in hands ????" Dr Nwa0gu.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Email attachments that are suspicious. Unfortunately, windoz defaults to hide file extensions. So you need to be careful about what you open. Some viruses are in a file that has a name and a fake extension like "name.doc.................................................exe" You can't see the exe. That means executable to you and me. First be sure the "show file extensions" is checked in your options. They can also make a zip files executable and self installing or other options. I can make a program load on your computer using a link to a word document. All I need to do is get you to click on the link.

I believe KD is talking about the ecards that run on your computer or have a link you have to click on to view it.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Cachuma

It's not normally something to worry about. It DOES happen though so be careful. Last November I opened an attachment from a lad that I had been abusing for too long. He was on to me and I wouldn't let it go. As soon as I clicked the file I saw "exe." but it was too late. As soon as I opened it popups started opening and wouldn't stop. Destroyed a nice laptop. I'm not a geek but I live in geek town. (if MS didn't exist I wouldn't have neighbors) My neighbors all laughed at me and then asked if they could have the laptop for "research". As far as I know that machine is still at the MicroSoft lab.

Like I said. It's not normally a problem (I've never heard of it happening to anyone else) but an ounce of prevention....... as the saying goes.

Always,
B. A. Ware

P.S. don't worry about me, one advantage of living near "Bills House" is an abundance of free machines.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the States you can demand a change in phone number. I did that when a drunken [CENSORED--Ed.] kept fucking up the girlfriend/crack-whore he wanted with my number.

Go to your provider and explain your are getting obscene calls. It is as simple as changing the chip.

--J.D.

joanekaf
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In States you can't just change your number?

In my country we can change phone number or even the provider. I didn't know it could be a problem in other countries.

I feel very pity and sorry for you and myself too because the news gave me a shock.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Skandalus wrote:
he asked who he was speaking to

This is one of my phone pet peeves. Dammit, you're calling me. You should identify yourself (my other main phone pet peeve) and you should ask for the person you wish to speak to, not launch into cross-examining me. My usual response to this is "Don't you know who you're supposed to be calling?"

Even if it is a lad, even if it is THE lad, so long as you pick a story and stick to it, you're probably fine. People change their phone numbers. I have no idea who you are, Patrick. I just got this phone a couple of weeks ago. These are not the droids you are looking for...

The lads do "cold call" on Skype occasionally, and I think a few baiters have posted about getting random lad calls at home for themselves or spouses, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a lad dial a wrong number, then decide to chat up the person anyway, just to see if there's a chance he can get a foot in the door. Even if he got your name and a mobile number that wouldn't be a ton of help in tracking you down directly unless he can figure out your provider and your provider is very loose-lipped. Unless you've got some other red flags going on there, like a probable keylogger or the lad saying something threatening or some very firm evidence it's the same guy, it's probably just a spooky coinkydink. Patrick is a very popular lad name, almost as big as Charles Soludo.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Skandalus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i havent heard anything since, i think my be it was just coincidence. nothing has happend since, i think put the knife away that ive been sleeping with under my pillow! + Wink

Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrsbean wrote:
Skandalus wrote:
he asked who he was speaking to

This is one of my phone pet peeves. Dammit, you're calling me. You should identify yourself (my other main phone pet peeve) and you should ask for the person you wish to speak to, not launch into cross-examining me. My usual response to this is "Don't you know who you're supposed to be calling?"

Yes, I always ask who do they think they are calling. I always point out that they could be a pervy nutter for all I know.

I never offer who I am first. Never.

Okay, back on topic. He has your phone number, but unless it is connected to your home address in something like a phone book you should be alright.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic