SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What do you guys make of this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mightyhoops
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, my parents have been following this thread as I have and I can tell you that they have canceled their flight to Bulgaria and will not be meeting this Vick guy.

They have filed a dispute on eBay to get their deposit back and will be taking things from there.

I have you all to thank for this, it would not have been possible for me to convince them on my own.

This truly is a great community - I have been a member for a while, but don't post much at all - as a show of appreciation my sister has donated a token amount to 419eater.com through paypal, it's the only thing I could think of to thank you all (I am a student and have no money Very Happy, but my sister kindly offered the donation - she was as worried about this as me).

Really, you all made efforts to help out of your own free time, and I am so grateful that my parents will not be a victim of this scam due to your efforts.

All the best and thank you all again.

Vincent (mightyhoops).
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice reply Very Happy Thanks on behalf of everyone.

What sort of people would we be if we just sat by and watched something nasty happen? I think we're mostly all here for the same reason - to stop the scammers winning. I'm glad your parents have had a rethink. Smile

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everybody here will breathe a sigh of relief now we know your parents will not go Very Happy

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mightyhoops wrote:
Guys, my parents have been following this thread as I have and I can tell you that they have canceled their flight to Bulgaria and will not be meeting this Vick guy.

Result! Very Happy
I'm very relieved to hear that they have changed their minds, mightyhoops. The potential for something very bad happening to your folks was just too great, esp given the dodgy site info uncovered by BJB.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm very glad you were able to stop this disaster in the nick of time!
It might be worth warning your parents that once the scammer realises he's not going to get his money he will possibly launch a major charm offensive to try and get them back 'on message'. Ignore anything and everything he says, no matter how convincing or pleading.
In any event if he has any personal information about your parents the best thing to do is to ignore him anyway so don't reply to any emails or phone calls, etc. Completely stonewall him and he will go away.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
mightyhoops
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gnasher

You were right about the charm offensive, received 5 emails from him that day and a telephone call trying to get a hold of my folks. Told him to f*ck off and hung up. Shocked

Wee update re. the getting back of the deposit, he has provided paypal with bogus tracking info to hold up getting the cash back, charming eh?

At least this is conclusive proof that this guy is a scammer and a scumbag and my parents can be sure they have had a narrow escape thanks to 419eater.com

mod edit. unneeded full quote removed. TS
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the update. It's probably safe to assume your parents won't get their money back but losing 'only' #500 is probably a lucky escape in the circumstances. They can do their bit to fight back by warning all their friends and family about internet scams and their experience in particular. Remember the Golden Rule. If it seems too good to be true, it's a scam. Always.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please do not let your parents go. They might lose more than just money or face.

THIS IS A SCAM

Edit: Sorry, I didn't get to the second page Embarassed (I'm tired, been up all night...)

Pretty Rose

pony

Last edited by it wasn't me on Sun May 06, 2007 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ erm, they know. Read the whole thread? Laughing

stinger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can we turn the tables on these pricks?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

stinger wrote:
Can we turn the tables on these pricks?

I'd like to - but it might be dangerous, I dunno - they have a lot of personal info about my folks, so dunno if it would be worth the risk. Shocked

My plan is to leave it a few weeks - see what happens with the paypal dispute then give it some time after that. Cool

Then look into taking them down. Evil or Very Mad
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite correct. You don't want the MIQ (mugu in question) to associate anything you do to him with your folks. Let it cool off for awhile, then come at him as a whole new person from a completely different place and do your worst Twisted Evil

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Too late to help in this case, but for future information ....

Had I been in this situation and had any doubt (I didn't - it was pretty clear it was a scam!), I would have risked a couple of hundred pounds and bought a ticket for the guy to fly over to UK and met him at the Bulgarian Consulate or Trade Mission and let them give him the third degree. They would have an interest in preventing people like him from giving their country a worse name than it already has for scams.

The chances are that he would have baulked (bad pun ... sorry) at the suggestion. Obviously I would not have sent the money for the ticket, but rather arranged the ticket for the other party directly with an airline or on line travel portal. The greatest risk is that the ticket price would be forfeited if the scumbag didn't travel, although I suppose he could have had a free trip to UK out of it.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well thats a great outcome congrats, and since you sister donated you may well be entitled to a shiny name Very Happy

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

harrya wrote:
and since you sister donated you may well be entitled to a shiny name Very Happy

How do I get the shiny name? Razz

I marked the payment with my username so if I PM admin or something with the email address it came from, you think they will be able to give me a shiny name? Very Happy
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028

All the instructions are there.

Go get that shiny Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic