SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419 stories

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
marty
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has there ever been any real life stories from 419 victims on the site?

Its not something i've really came across before.

There was a great section in one of tony thompsons 'gangs' books, that looked over the 419 scam. He played along with one of the scams and travelled to Amsterdam to meet this man but was too afraid (wisely) to go any further than the airport terminal with him.

It skimmed over some cases where people were lured to Nigeria and taken for everything they had Sad
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It can be a lot worse than just losing money for a meeting with scammers, victims have actually been killed too.

There are reports around but I do not know the links but, I am sure someone will be along with a link for you. Wink

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are various stories scattered around the Internet from victims on sites like scamorama, crimes of persuasion (etc) indeed we do have posts on here from victims from time to time a quick search should bring up loads of examples.

A victim has published his correspondence with a 419 scammer, you can read it at the following site:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/09/419_scam_anatomy/
marty
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, that was an interesting read. Surprising how few emails it took for the scammer to get the cash.
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can also check out various victims support sites, such as www.scamvictimsunited.com for some more stories.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also this, which was posted here last summer: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78411&sid=b6bdb038e6cd9aac3b54fad5b4711198

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Marty

If you think about it in the sense of a real victim though instead of as a scambaiter it should not be surprising that it was that quick. If you genuinely thought someone was going to give you 50% of $8,370,000 for doing next to nothing wouldn't you be pretty quick getting things done?
marty
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True, thanks guys.

That story posted by the victim here was terrible, 68 grand Confused

I'm sure its stories like that circulating around the mugu community that keeps these scams going strong.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic