SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I don't know where to post this really

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just thought some might like to hear the story.

I have an older brother who has learning disabilities, fairly mild in his case, he has a job and lives independently with help from the family. A good life for the most part.

He enjoys computers and playing games on them but could not afford one of his own. 10 months ago I upgraded my own computer (a mac) and decided to give my brother my old machine which was in perfect condition. I wiped its hard drive, set it up for him and like an IDIOT did not think about scammers.

You guessed it. My brother got a scam email, from what I can make out a "Maryam Abacha" one. To cut a long story short he lost some �2,500 before our sister made inquiries about his "friend" and shut the email accounts down.

I have only just found out about this brilliant scambaiting community and I wish I had heard of you folks earlier. I feel such a fool for giving my brother the computer and NOT thinking something like that could happen.

Kudos to you all! You are doing a real public service here
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad So sorry that happened. My aging mother lives with us and although she thinks she's worldly wise, she's actually a scammers dream come true. I have to keep a constant eye on her - and that's probably not enough.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about what happened to your brother, Ridcully.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that mate, feel free to post the scammer,s email here and i for one will make sure he gets some "special attention"

pony pony Mortar x18
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really sorry to hear that mate, reminds me that this is why we do this.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ridcully - If you know the e-mail address of the individual who scammed your brother, sharing it with friends on 419eater.com would be a good step towards getting even. . .

Bruin
whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah lets see if we can get them a 'mugu shitbag' tattoo

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
Sorry to hear that mate, feel free to post the scammer,s email here and i for one will make sure he gets some "special attention"

My thoughts exactly! Evil or Very Mad

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm never too busy to fit in one more mugu shitbag.

@Ridcully,

Give us the scammers addy and we'll spend a little "quality time" with him.

Always,
B. A. Ware
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry folks I don't know. I wish I did. You lot would run rings round the asshole. I'd give cash to see you do it.
After all this time I would think the original email address is defunct anyway.

My sister and I have set up Networks for our brothers address so now I can see emails he gets (just a harrmless thing macs can do) If anything nasty ever appears in his inbox
I will be asking for your help. ASAP
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Runs off to collect Mariam addies, back in a bit

Edit: Heres a few, must be in there somewhere, just ASEM them and make them all suffer Twisted Evil

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

pony pony Mortar x18
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good lord
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ridcully, if you find the addy, I would be glad to include the shitbag in the ranks of my new Twisted Evil

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sorry I really cannot tell All my sister tells me that it was a yahoo address and she got it shut down.

I doubt you can trace the original lad. I'd be grateful if you could

But 12 weeks on?

Unlikely
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Further proof, if any were needed, about how low these douchebags will go. I'm very sorry this happened but don't beat yourself up about it. At least you found out before your brother lost even more money. Many vulnerable victims don't have family and friends looking out for them like you are and they lose a LOT more.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can find ANY information about the individual scumbag your brother dealt with, post it. I'm with the rest of the guys here, I'll find a minute or two to **** *** **** ****** ****

Ok, calm now. Please, let us play with him for a while. It's why I'm here.

Pretty Rose

pony
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll have a go!

We'll all screw him!

Together! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Frank Horrigan
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think i have a recent Maryam email in my catcher account. i'll look then edit this post.

EDIT: Sorry guys, all i got when i searched was a "REAL BUSINESS TRANSACTION" with a mention of abacha as dead.

IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You might get a "recovery scam" type mail sometime, if he goes back thru his old vics.

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^GOOD POINT

@Ridcully,

A common theme with these shitbags is to go back to some vics. Watch for something that shows familiarity. Even if the name has changed somewhat. If that happens let us know.

Thanks for bringing that up IP
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I most certainly will do that. I'm watching my brother's email like a hawk, I know it is invading his privacy and all but I really don't want this to happen again.

I did change the account address too but you good folks will be the first to know if anything dodgy turns up again.

Thanks to all for help and advice.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Quote:
I know it is invading his privacy and all but I really don't want this to happen again.

Thats not always a bad thing. Take care of your family, you won't get another one.

Always,
B. A. Ware
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ridcully wrote:
I did change the account address too but you good folks will be the first to know if anything dodgy turns up again.

If you changed his email addy, the original scammers have probably lost the scent, as long as they don't have his phone number, at least. As I've not seen it mentioned yet, your brother should be discouraged from putting his new email addy or any real details anywhere on the net, as they will be picked up by spiders used to harvest the information for spam and scams.

That said, some recovery scammers use a "shotgun" approach. The email will purport to be from the EFCC, the Met, the FBI, or some other LEA and make vague references to having caught several scammers and impounded millions of dollars, some of which (the victim is told) they are due. If responded to, they will request all the details of the scam including names and email addresses. Surprise surprise, the scammer that you lost a bunch of money to is one of the people they have caught! We all know what happens next. Evil or Very Mad

These scammers are the lowest of the low, trolling the net hoping to suck in people who have already lost money to an internet scam. Should one of these emails pop into your brother's mailbox, please do let us know. There are several folks here who would take such a thing just a bit personally.

As for invading your brother's privacy, this is one of those times when you have to keep someone you love from hurting himself. Having a bit of experience with some of the nastier scams, the thought of a love scammer or cheque lad getting his claws into your brother, and the aftermath of that, is enough to give me nightmares. You are certainly doing the right thing.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
dandan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ridcully,
Just a thought...how did he pay the �2,500? If he used W.U the "name" on the transfer may be getting baited by other eater members.

Dan
Ridcully
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

God help us but all of it was posted in cash. Not the whole amount at once but in smaller sums over a period of time, rarely exceeding about �100 at a time.

I reckon the scammers quickly caught on that Peter (my brother) was a bit slow and that complicated stuff like international money transfers were a bit beyond him. He took money from his building society account and actually sent cash to the "poor widow who has no money to get food"

Our sister only came across this entirely by luck when he asked her for money to send to his "friend" and she looked into it and immediately shut the email accounts down. Peter himself is responsible for deleting most of the original emails, a habit I myself am guilty of as I NEVER keep mails and advised him to do the same.

The Lads must have been delighted to get someone who sent them actual cash....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic