SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Giving up

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a 2 pack a day smoker spending over �350 a month on fags (term used for the amusement of our American friends) i have decided its time to quit.
I got 20 L&B left and when they are gone thats it.
Bear in mind iv,e smoked for 28 years and i,m going cold turkey so wish me luck.
If anyone feels like giving up too and being my quitting buddy you,re more than welcome. Truth be known i,m getting pissed off thinking about it so come tomorrow lunch time when i become a healthy non-smoker i,m going to be a nightmare Evil or Very Mad

pony pony Mortar x18
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done B. Good luck Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wish you the best on kicking the habbit! That is quite an expensive addiction. I'll stick to home made goat po... nevermind. Embarassed

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck from me too! I went cold turkey 20 odd years ago...and started again 7 years ago. So if you've got any spares, send them here Very Happy
The moral is...once you stop, don't even have ONE!

Edit: form...from...you know what I mean Very Happy

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony

Last edited by benjaminbunny on Mon May 07, 2007 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don
Baiting Guru

Incidentally it is today 6 months ago that I quit - so it is possible. Day 3 is the worst, after 2 weeks you'll be over the physical withdrawal symptoms. Good luck, it's worth it!

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

Good luck mate! Just reminds me that I should really stop, too. Sad
Let us know how it's going!

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
MHK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bombadier good luck.
And off course you know what to do when you get really cranky. Just bitchslap a lad ultra hard, that will calm you down for like 5 minutes Twisted Evil

whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit last year and then had a couple at new year and was back on them. Benjaminbunny is right, you cant even have one. I had some as my new year 'treat' as I had had some a couple of times before on drunken nights out and started to look forward to nights out as a chance to have a ciggie or ten. After new year I was just back on them.

Right now I only have 2 left in my pack that I will smoke tonight before bedtime so I might try and stop tomorrow though chances are I'll be back on them by 10am.

Good luck mate, its not easy but I think everyone here is right behind you.

Let us know how you get on

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a bloody hard habbit to quit so best of luck, I stopped for a whole 2 hours once.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Embers
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck man, I just quit a month ago after smoking for 9 years... almost 10. I used chewing gum... and sex. Worked like a charm as it took my mind right off the cravings (the gf was tired though Laughing )

Seriously make yourself hold to the one week no fag rules and regulations. It gets easier after that. Plus that's about when you start hacking up interesting stuff. Shocked

I will be ready to be your slave in bed for us to make our self happy all the time~ A current bait whose name will come in time
Warned and dangerous! Very Happy
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck B! I went cold turkey many, many years ago when I went to buy a pack and they had gone up in price to 50c.
OK, I hadn't smoked for very long as I was still a teen but 50c was a lot back then.
I haven't smoked since and when I see the price I really am glad.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the nice words guys...
Oh Shit..i only got 16 left Sad

pony pony Mortar x18
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bombadier- Good luck!! If you get to feeling upset or anxious, take it out on a mugu!!!!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Bombardier. But as a matter of fact you don�t need luck. It can be done. I did it 3 1/2 years ago. And as others mentioned, the trick is: NEVER EVER touch one again. Not even one, no cigars, no pipes no nothing.
Another important thing, that helped me a lot: Think of what you will gain by it, rather than thinking what you lose.
What you will gain? For example you don�t have to worry if you have enough cigs at home. You don�t have to search for smoking areas. PLUS you smell MUCH better.
And believe me, after quitting smoking you will realize how bad someone stinks who just had a cigarette. I didn�t smell that neither till I quit smoking.

So, you will get this done. Another hint from me: Throw away the 16 fags that are left and start now. You wasted the money anways, so why not start right now? (I still have my last half empty pack somewhere around).

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No way could I give up, good luck mate, I tried once, lasted 1 day and I was shivering, I used to smoke 1 ounce of Golden Virginia (hand rolling tobacco) a day, cut back to about 1/2 an ounce and a bit a day now, my mum will be sending me 30 ounces of duty free baccy when she gets back from holiday on the 18th Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Throw away the 16 fags that are left and start now.

You,re joking, right???? Shocked

pony pony Mortar x18
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

come to wales and get your patches and chewies free from boots the chemist
patches are bloody strong.
ive not packed up but due to the new law in wales we cant smoke in work
so alternatives are being used.
bless the welsh assembly that they made our prescriptions free but also boots doing the service too.

Wink

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You,re joking, right????

No, I am not. Really....and I can tell you why: NOW you have a strong will to stop. So stop it NOW. And not tomorrow. Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:

If anyone feels like giving up too and being my quitting buddy you,re more than welcome.

Count me in.
I've got 12 B&H left. They should be gone by lunchtime tomorrow.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I've got 12 B&H left

Oh shit...i love B&H, swop my 14 L&B,s for your 12 B&H.
Ok, We,re quitting buddies Very Happy

Edit: I only got 13 left Sad

pony pony Mortar x18
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I smoked 40+ Camels a day for 20 years. [shit, hope that�s not considered cigarette advertising] and gave them away on 25th April last year. So itś been just over a year. It can be done. If ever there was a hard-core smoker I was it. Couldn�t move without the damn things. Go for it. It ain�t easy but you can do it. Try not to use any NRT products if you can help it. I know someone who ended up using nicotine patches and smoking at the same time. Liked the bigger hit he was getting from it.

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ When you said "I smoked 40+ Camels a day for 20 years", I didn't think of cigarette advertising, I thought of you, well, smoking camels Very Happy:

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
mauri
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you want be alone, i'm gone stop on wednesday.
but i take zyban, as i smoke 40 a day, i would jump from the roof, as your lad Wink
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agree with breadcrumb. If you've decided to quit cold turkey catch yourself out and do it right NOW. Right this minute. Throw your remaining ciggies away. Putting it off until tomorrow, like the diet, just doesn't work because when tomorrow comes you will think of another excuse to put it off until tomorrow, blah blah.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quiting is easy, I've done it hundreds of times. - I forgot who said that.

Here's some great information.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/addictions/treatmentaddiction_toptips.shtml

I quit the last time when death sticks hit a dollar a pack. I still carry around a Zippo lighter. Some habits are hard to break.

Good luck Bombardier, it's tough but I have confidence in you.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic