SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting on behalf of a client?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4ehgfrsmul wrote:
The basic ethical principle is that everybody should only do what they feel is right.

Laughing Most 419ers feel that what they do is right. People have a way of convincing themselves of the righteousness of their actions.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4ehgfrsmul wrote:
The basic ethical principle is that everybody should only do what they feel is right.

That's not an ethical principle, that's the lack of an ethical principle.

I don't think baiting is for you but since you're an analytical mind you might want to tackle a few moral dilemmas which unfortunately are still left unresolved: http://www.friesian.com/valley/dilemmas.htm

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favourite is:

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law." -Kant

But this is heading wayyyyyyy off topic......

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

@Don- I agree. Some confusion, I think, between 'moral' and 'ethical' - not the same thing and often subject to conflict!

In any case, there is a Forum that explains 419eaters rules on 'The Ethics of Scambaiting'. I certainly wouldn't be involved if that went against my personal moral judgement in any way!

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear 4ehgfrsmul, please do not bother trying your luck over at aa419. We want the knuckle heads, not the fluffy huggy-huggy types. Seriously, we get death threats and threats of serious law-suits every friggin day. We don't do the tea-drinking business. I think that you'd be wasting your time.
Franc28
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Asking for morality advice on this board is like asking Joe Schmoe about politics. Everyone has an opinion- some people believe whatever "everyone else" believes, others believe on the basis of their own feelings, and no one is interested in the facts.

Morality is a more delicate topic than lawyering. If you don't allow yourself to make suggestions on the latter, then don't give suggestions on the former. Leave it to each individual's conscience, and stop bullying other people when they don't agree with the addle-headed groupthink of this board.

If there's anything we DON'T need, it's more politics. There's already enough in the real world, don't you friggin' think?

Fighting the forces of censorship and getting his sig deleted by admins since 1989.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Franc28 wrote:
Leave it to each individual's conscience, and stop bullying other people when they don't agree with the addle-headed groupthink of this board.

Thanks for re-stating the board policy, Franc. It is always up to each baiter how he/she decides to interact with scammers, as said in innumerable previous ethics threads. That said, it was the proposed method which raised understandable questions. I saw no bullying, simply questions and answers.

As an aside, I'm rather curious as to why you continue to participate on a board whose members you obviously regard with quite a bit of contempt. Confused
The fact that you recently referred to baiting as "your own hobby" simply illustrates my point.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say that the simple answer is that if a person has qualms about baiting, then 'baiting by proxy' is a simplistic and bogus way to lay their guilt on someone else.

If you don't want to bait, don't bait. Rolling Eyes

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
4ehgfrsmul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice and thoughts.

Yes, mr fife seems to understand what I'm saying. Part of my approach would be "May I use your information, Ms. Abacha, to gain untold wealth - but don't tell me if it's false information" (which mr fife just did). Sure, that might cause an ethical dilemma since I suspect it's false (some ethicists might agree with GomerPyle), but I can honestly say that the client gave me the information. I'm talking about reusing information from lads, but if I offered to check out rumors for anybody else, I would warn them about the dangers of sending real information, but ask them not to tell me if it is or not.

LordVader, I think you misunderstand me. People have given their lives for the sake of these principles. That's not what I call fluffy-huggy-huggy.

Can't aa419 use the help of researchers, in addition to bandwidth hogs? The site isn't clear. It looks like the only thing they want to let a normal Internet user to do is run Lad Vampire. How about searching for copycat sites, running WHOIS queries, etc.?
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, you still here Rolling Eyes

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4ehgfrsmul wrote:
Can't aa419 use the help of researchers, in addition to bandwidth hogs? The site isn't clear. It looks like the only thing they want to let a normal Internet user to do is run Lad Vampire. How about searching for copycat sites, running WHOIS queries, etc.?

The site is very clear. And all the good people over there are perfectly "normal internet users" doing exactly what you described.

http://wiki.aa419.org/index.php/FAQ_and_Support

Quote:
Why don't you report these sites?

We do! Every site reported to us is investigated, and if it is proven false, we add it to our database, and report it to the current Web site host, the police, and to other official bodies. The Artists want to stop Internet crime, and willingly cooperate with anyone who will help the fight. Over 95% of the fake sites that we find and report are taken down by the hosts without incident.

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why you bother, Don, I was going to post what you posted, then I thought, why bother Rolling Eyes

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
luckey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can be my assistant. I'm tired of keeping track of all of my baits.

Wanting to be a baiter, but not wanting to tell lies is like wanting to be a chef, without wanting to cook.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You see, if I can get someone to let me serve as their agent, I won't have to lie. (I don't like lying). I can honestly say, "Sorry, this is the information or the documents they gave me" or "I'm still waiting for my client to answer my request."

Breaking this down on a PAINFUL level... you would have to then get at least two people to give you documents or information that you hand your mugu to make that statement true.

You seem to have no problem with misleading the mugu, yet lying is wrong? Hmmmm. You will strain a gnat and swallow a camel, as they say. Not to be trite, but I think your distinction between lying and deception is quite ridiculous.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm of the opinon that this thread is pointless.

4ehgfrsmul, bait or don't bait, but a three page, navel gazing thread devoted to helping you rationalize it is pretty unnecessary.

The only reason I'm not locking it now is that I can't wait for Franc28's next insightful post.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Franc28 wrote:
If there's anything we DON'T need, it's more politics. There's already enough in the real world, don't you friggin' think?

I would agree... HOWEVER, the one thing this board doesn't need more than politics, is more ethics threads. There are already enough on the board, don't ya think?

I hope this post got in before Snerd locked it!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Prolix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

I would most respectfully suggest that you probably haven't had a lot of exposure to philosophy or studied ethics in in any deliberate fashion. Nothing wrong with that; lots of people focus their attentions elsewhere. But baiting involves some fairly nuanced ethical concepts, and so you might want to pull back the throttle on passing judgment of baiters' ethics if you haven't a solid foundation to do so.

"You are criminal, don't write to this box again." - [mask:1]Joseph Foley[/mask:1]

"I TAUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE ASKED AND ALLOWED ME TO GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS
BUT YOU STARTED BEHAVING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DRUNK." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]

"GET LOST. BASTERRD POEPLE." - [mask:1]Paul Dakotan[/mask:1]

"I really thank you for your jokes. But please i want it to put to stop." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
I hope this post got in before Snerd locked it!

Nah, we cannot lock it, Franc28 would call Amnesty International because we deprived him of his undeniable right to post his opinion in this thread. Rolling Eyes

4ehgfrsmul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate what everybody is saying about ethics/morality/gloating/. Most of these issues came up during my university and graduate philosophy and ethics courses, but not all. Nuff said.

Now, try looking at me from yet a different perspective.

The fact is, I get paid as a consultant to help websites communicate more clearly. So, if you don't agree with my rather unusual ethical stance, would you please consider that if I don't understand something basic about a website after reading it for a few hours, maybe others don't either? That's why I posted as a newbie. You can't have the perspective about this forum that I do.

To you, it all makes sense because you're immersed in it. But when you leave out certain explanations from the FAQs, a new visitor may not understand everything you do. For example, when aa419.com says "Every site reported to us is investigated" without immediately saying "and here's how you can help us <link>," they're missing an opportunity to communicate.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4ehgfrsmul wrote:
... I get paid as a consultant to help websites communicate more clearly. ...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
luckey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ready, fire, aim!
Fatbastard
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean......I just wasted precious time reading........SPAM?

Like a freakin religious group at my door...misdirection....then when you least expect it......the sales pitch.

I'll say the same thing as I say to them: Piss Off!!

I think you are looking for someone to transfer your aids sickness to,God punish you ther fool,you white beast.i wish you go and die just like your whole family did,ANIMAL. - K. Lewis

i don't want you to help me anymore because you useing my life like a rat ok. - Peee Ubanga

All l need from you now is to clam down your self please. - James Duma
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have real degree in philosophy, from a real university. What you write does not appear to reflect a post secondary level of understanding of philosophy or ethics, let alone post graduate study thereof. I can't think of any contemporary philosophical position that would mesh with what you have said so far - some interpretations of Kant are very prescriptive with respect to lying - a point that is often cited by critics of Kantian thought involves the supposed inability of an adherent thereof to lie even if it were to mean saving someone's life. But no Kantian would suggest, as you did, that "The basic ethical principle is that everybody should only do what they feel is right". So that isn't where you are coming from. And although there are certainly those that take a relavistic approach to ethics, they generally aren't the sort (like a Kantian might) to oppose lying categorically but allow for a legalistic loophole. Please feel free to enlighten me on this.

**Sorry Mods, I know I should know better**

- Joyce Organ

-Charles Soludo
Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I give up! - I think this individual is just a 'flamer'!

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wrong word, Septic. Wink

@numberlotsofletters- If it is your job to help others communicate more clearly, I truly hope that you offer some type of money back guarantee. Rolling Eyes

@Gen. A- your post is fine.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic