SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Job scam. I hate these bloody parasites.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A Johnsonville bank customer narrowly escaped being drawn into an internet banking scam recently. Th woman "Y", Whom The Wellingtonian agreed not to identify, responded to an on-line job afvertised on a job website.
She had started up her own consultancy business and was looking to earn some additional money working from home. "I would never have thought it was a scam", she says. "It was a job advertised on the Seek website."
Seek did not officially respond to The Wellingtonian by press time, but a worker commented that they had little control over what advertisers post.
The advertiser sent an application form that, among other information, requested her bank details. She questioned the need for account details on application, but eventually provided them.
Despite never having been interviewed or told the nature of the job she recieved an email telling her of her first task. She replied saying "How do I know what the job entails, how will you know if I'm doing the right job?" They responded with the details and a persons name.
She was told $10,928.22 would be deposited into her account and all she had to do was withdraw it, and send it, less her $300 commission, care of Western Union to the person named.
However, when she went to her Westpac branch, staff had already identified the unusual transaction and alerted her and the police. The money had been illicitly transferred from another bank customers account and "Y" was to be the unwitting 'mule' who transffered it overseas.
However, "Y" did not go through with the transaction, Westapac returned the money to it's rightful owner and Y changed her bank accounts.
Y's advice to others is "Just be very, very careful.
She feels relieved to have escaped with her good name and financially unscathed. "Relieved, yes, but I was terrified. I didn't sleep for days after that. I thought 'Thank God that the people at the bank know me' because I've been dealing with that bank for many years. If I hadn't had that relationship with the bank I could have got done by the cops."
"The thing is they worked real fast and the next thing I knew, there was money in my account."
She has some concern the offenders will seek retribution for the loss of thier ill-gotten $10,000, "I was a bit afraid because they got my home number, home address, they know where I work." She has supplied the police with all the contact details she has for the offenders but the UK phone numbers have turned out to be false.
Westpac bank media relations manager Mark Wyatts says these types of entreaties and offers are being made all the time. "Customers need to be vigilant and very sceptical. Most people would treat job applications that require bank account detais as highly unusual, to say the least."

I use Seek ALL the time!!!!!! Thank God for this site and my knowledge of scams. As my dear old grandpa used to say "If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true!"

Pretty Rose

pony
Frank Horrigan
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's just what happens when you live in Johnsonville........

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow some other New Zealanders out there.... awesome.

Any tips on what to use for phone-calls here in NZ? I'm not sure if the methods other people use overseas (k7) work here. Obviously something starting with a 64 code would be best.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well- what are you waiting for?? get out there and get yourself a fistful of trophy cheques!! Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I'm on it Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Megas Alexandros
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey do you know, if your resume is online there, can they access it and steal your info? that kinda freaks me out that they take such poor care of their site.
on another note:

from some flea bags obviously

PART-TIME JOB OFFER (URGENTLY)!...
Standard Header|Hide Pane
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>...
AddThursday, 3 May, 2007 9:46:28 AM
To:[email protected]
Quote:

BRISCO TEXTILE AND FABRIC LTD.
OFFICE
34 PALIAMENT STREET,
YORK. Y018SG.

Hello,

My name is PAUL BARKER, CEO of Brisko Textiles & Fabrics ,an establishment that deals in the Import and export of Cocoa
buttercream,Rubber,Cotton and textiles and fabric materials, we are looking for a trustworthy representative in the United States that will aid as a link between us and our customers in the USA I would like to know if you are
interested.

Respond only if you will like to work from home part-time and get paid weekly without leaving or it affecting your present job. (PAY IS GOOD) Please if you are interested forward the following info to my email address which is : [email protected]

FULL NAME : ........................
FULL ADDRESS : ..............................
CITY : .........................................
STATE: ................................
ZIP CODE: ..........................
PHONE NUMBER (S) : .............................
MARITAL STATUS: .............................

DO YOU HAVE A CHECKING ACCOUNT:YES...........NO................

Please get back to me immedaitely with the above mentioned information to enable us commence on the transaction.

Regards,

PAUL BARKER.

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Cocoa
buttercream is that a fabric or a textile...hmmm i know it's yummy butter cream roof tiles? i wonder if i can con them into sending me cocoa butter...would it be immoral if i did that for my sweet tooth?

MA
spot

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
Well- what are you waiting for?? get out there and get yourself a fistful of trophy cheques!! Very Happy

There are a lot of Job Offer scammers who will send you a cheque at the drop of a hat.

One went something like this:-

Quote:
Lad Script Job Offer Script

Not Lad ...Yea .. I;m interested (nothing else)

Lad Script including a request for address details

Not Lad .. gives drop box address (nothing else !)

Lad Script ..including 'you will get a cheque from one of our clients soonest keep 10% etc .... keep in touch'

not Lad ...ok (nothing else)

two days pass

Lad Our client has sent you a cheque ..here is the tracking number, as soon as you cash it this is what to do ......

Not Lad ...ok (nothing else)

Cheque arrives at the Drop Box ...you can imagine what happens next ! Cool Cool

What you need to know is that Job Scammers are often scamming other Job Scammers giving the address details of their own victim and wait for a tracking number to be given to them, and then just recycle it for themselves.

Sounds complicated but it works ...no need to arrange their own fake cheque printer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic