SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hello from a new member and huge fan!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
suki sim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all,

Just found you guys this morning and I'm in awe of what you're doing here!!! I've always secretly wished someone could scam the scammers back, but never dreamed there was a group for people actually doing that. I've been reading through the many posts here and am just completely amused at the games you're putting the scammers through. The Trophy Room photos were hysterical!! (although I suspect more than a few of those folks may have been bullied into posing in stead of the real scammers).

Anyway, I'm not quite ready to jump in the water myself... must read more to learn the tricks of the trade. So I wonder... is anyone here interested in taking on a few referrals? I get a lot of the standard Nigerian scam emails that I'd be happy to pass along to someone more experienced who will give these creeps a run for their money.

Here's a question though... Last week I received one of these email into one of my AOL email addresses. It's a dummy account that I use when I'm posting to public message boards and such, so it has no identifying info and in fact, gives no clue whether I'm even male or female. So with that said, I'm perplexed how the scammers were able to figure out my last name and use that within the scam text. As in, "Dear (insert my last name)... I am Barr Ben Obi Esq, the personal attorney to Ms. Marie (insert my last name), herein referred to as my client,who used to work with Conoil Plc.My client and his entire family were involved in a plane crash on while flying to New York.... etc. The reference of the email was my last name. Stuff like this particularly creeps me out because somewhere along the line these folks were able to match up my last name to this email address. As an FYI... I'm pretty knowledgeable about scams, how to identify them, and how to keep safe online. I'm not naive about online scams or real life scams, keep up to date on internet hoaxes and such, and play it safe if I'm not sure about something. Would love if someone could explain to me the technology involved in someone getting ahold of my real last name. Would also love if someone wanted to take this on and nail the scammer to the wall.

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Suki (FYI... not my real name ((-Smile
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AOL has a bad reputation around here as being insecure and easily hacked to get account info of their users. Hence, we never use an AOL account for anything related to baiting or scams.

OTOH, If you sign up for things and use your real name and a fake account, then they could get it from that. They don't do anything tricky or clever, just know how to get them.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Suki Sim!

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will soon be the new Queen of Gana acording to my king and email lover. I just have to wait for his wife to die of the desease of whathefcukever. I'm an insane woman complaining about where's my money with a barrister and a deaf & senile old lady with about three others. I'm also trying to start a lad friendly video production co since a lot of them like to see them selves on camera.
Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil
lots of fun in here and my favorite and most reliable resource is windypops bating toolkit you can find just about anything in there

welcome and enjoy.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't touched AOL in years, but I'm going to guess it's similar to Yahoo. I created my yahoo baiter account using a ficticious name, like Bob Smith. It is part of the profile for the account. I think they can look at your account profile which lists it.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, you can post all the scam letters you want in the Surplus forum, about 5 or 6 forums below this one. Welcome!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wecome, welcome, welcome.

So nice to meet you Very Happy

Pretty Rose

pony
suki sim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all for the warm welcome, and for the useful comments.

As to how scammers may have obtained my last name, I agree it was likely due to poor protection on AOL, and I'm now convinced I must use a gmail or yahoo address for message board postings. Anyway, thanks for the tips and insight on this subject.

Anyway, my last 419 scam letter is now two weeks old, but as soon as I get a new one, probably any day now, I'll post it in the surplus letters thread for someone to take on.

You guys rock!!!

Cheers,
Suki Very Happy
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome. Enjoy your time here -- it's hard to leave! Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
suki sim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
Enjoy your time here -- it's hard to leave! Wink

You got that right !! I just spent several hours reading the entire 14 pages of the scheme hatched by YW, BW, and Jojo, involving multiple parties traveling from Port Harcourt to Accara, with plans for a mass gathering outside a bank. Hysterical stuff Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic