SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

newbie & romance scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bournemouth_runner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi, I'm new to all this, but having used an Internet dating agency I ended up with a scammer trying it on.

You've probably heard the scenario a million times ie. beautiful girl takes an interest, turns out she's working in west Africa Rolling Eyes , took a couple of weeks before the issue of money came up. No, I didn't send money, but before the issue of money came up I did foolishly give my address, so I know I have to walk away from it. I did send a couple of salacious emails back when I realised it was a scam and "she" responded to the first but not the 2nd, so far.

Is there any way I can take revenge without "her" knowing it's me?

cheers
BR
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you can have your revenge. Twisted Evil Just sign up for a new e-mail account with someone like Google mail, giving a fake identity, and off you go. Since lads are usually working on many victims at once, there's next to no chance of it being connected to the real you unless you give the game away somehow.

It's probably a good idea to read the stickies first and you might want to sign up for a mentor in the scambaiting help forum. I'd suggest playing it fairly straight and working your lad over when it comes to the Western Union stage, although having gone through this already once, you've probably already got a good idea of what you can do to make things unpleasant.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the above, plus post up the details of the scammer. Email address, pictures and where you found "her". That way, not only will the Google bots find it and hopefully save someone else from being scammed, but those of us that love screwing with romance lads can have a pop too Very Happy

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second all the above and especially what wayne said,,, give us a pop Razz Razz

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Second everything that has been said, but let me add this:

(a) READ. Not just the "stickies" but read some of the posted baits, comments and discussions. Use it to give you ideas.

(b) ASK QUESTIONS. Not just here on the board, but when you make contact with the "love of your life", ask lots of questions to throw him/her off script.

(c) BE CREATIVE. It is awfully fun to think up an excuse why you were not on that plane to Amsterdam, as scheduled.

(d) BAIT STRAIGHT. As you read the board, you are going to find that lots of people here have lots of fun with silly, ludicrous baits. But, as a newby, you should probably make your first attempt at baiting "straight" until you have a little experience.

Good luck!
Bruin
bournemouth_runner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, I want you guys to have a go. Very Happy "She" uses the name Jane Cimario but the email address is [email protected], the web site I encounter "her" on was speeddateronline.co.uk

They'll claim to be an Italian girl living in the UK, they're English is good so could pass for a non-native speaker who lived in England a long time, they gave a credible UK address (a small to medium town in Hampshire) and will say they're working in West Africa and returning to the UK soon.

I'll leave it to you. btw, I've just set up a googlemail account and already harvested a scam mail. Smile
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Bournemouth! I have rellies living there!
All scammers are scumbags but love scammers are one step lower. They target lonely people who are looking for love. Stay with us and help mete out punishment that they deserve so richly Evil or Very Mad

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
newbie 69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, i am new to this sport but I am taking a very keen imterest in it, A friend of mine recently contacted a great looking girl through RSVP, not being great with typing or writing he asked me to help. A few emails in we realised something was strange but continued emailing to find more info.
i am currently at the stage of getting the western union money order thing going on which I have managed to avoid for now but wont be able to for much longer. I have had fun so far but dont think I can have any more fun with this one a legitimate phone number and some info through RSVP is kind of traceable. I have a kept a record of what has happened so far in word format which I could pass on if anyone is intersted, I think I have been clever and creative so far but it pales in significance compared to what some of you more experienced people have done.
Keep up the good work and let me know if anyone would like the details

Thank you Newbie 69 Razz
newbie 69
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just followed the advice left above and google searched on an extract of an unusual part of an email "taste a little coffe from a small window" the 1st result was the identical line and it is on an irish dating site. I would presume it is the same scammer. I thaught about notifying the dating site so maybe I can stop some poor paddy from being scammed but was unsure if they would take it seriously and Just maybe this person is legitimate and the scammer I know copied it from here. The user name is different and the profile is completely different but the line is identical. Who wants him? Shocked
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Post up the information you have:

email addresses you have
pictures
email headers
1st letter

I'm sure some of us would love to have a poke, ah I mean shot at a b a i t .... Twisted Evil

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm up for a new one, I've been bait free for maybe 3 days now, but I feel the need.

I promise to do my best to screw with the minds of all scammers that come against me.

I need a fix

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi the following is the latest email which I have replied to but as she has a fair bit of information from my friend I cant really go on with it much longer. My friend initially contacted her on a dating site so I dont have an original email. During a search on google for 'taste a little coffe' I found a whole parragraph which the Lad has used for 12 months that I know of which you could easily do yourself. The lads scam names include Judith, sweetkaith on connect4fun and lynsonia on dating site anotherfriend. I have also found information from a swingers site which I could not get great detail on unless I joined the swingers site but I am not sure if my wife would understand me doing this.
I am not great at doing tasks like inserting pictures but I have found that the lad uses a huge variety of pictures so I am not sure how much help this would be anyway.
I have documented as much as I could and put it into a word document but being a newbie I dont know if I should post the entire document (9 pages +) or email the particulars to those who need it.

I have recently aquired a googlemail account for the purpose of my entertainment which I would give to you if you let me know a secure way to do it.

Sent : Monday, 7 May 2007 10:49:55 AM
To : [email protected]
Subject : I can't wait to be with

| | | Inbox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachment : ScanningofMyCertificateOfDeposit.JPG (5.49 MB), lindalopez1.bmp (0.04 MB)

Dearest Love,

How are you doing today? hunny am very sorry for laet reply to your mail due to bad internet connection am useing here in Nigeria.... hunny I got your email and i hope you forward them all they required as soon as possible. I have done my part as regards the scanning of the certificate of deposit and my full name and address and my pic.They also called me to there office to attestify if i know you and i said yes

they require you to send the certificate of deposit cos i have been there myself.
I have attached to this email all you needed from me. So you will only have to include your own full name with your address and your pictures as well.

So hun i wish all would be well in a little while.I believe in you and would always do i see us sharing a brighter life... When you recieve the boxes you will open it and send me money from it to come to you. Please i need to know what your plans are i will always be a submissive wife and your wish would forever be my command.
MY FULL NAME AND ADDRESS IS ( MISS Linda Lopez Davids
22/23, COLLEGE ROAD, IFAKO-IJAYE, LAGOS, NIGERIA ).

Kindly email me as soon as you make the payment for the shipment to the security company and let me have the payment details as well too....
Hoping to hearing from you soon
Love you loads.....

Linda

Again forgive my noobness and feel free to teach me great wise ones
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic