SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Okay, even I hate THIS lawyer...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lawyer turned judge sues his dry cleaner for $65,000,000 over a pair of missing pants. And yes, that's ... pinky extended.... sixty-five MILLION dollars.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They must have been Versace. Rolling Eyes What an idiot.

He should receive the death penalty (the judge that is).

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Back to the beginning. In 2002, Custom lost a pair of pants that Pearson had put in for cleaning. One week after the error was discovered, Custom gave Pearson a check for $150 for new pants. A few days later, the Chungs, Korean immigrants who live in Virginia and own three D.C. cleaners, told Pearson that he was no longer welcome at their store. That dispute was eventually put aside, and Pearson continued to use the company.

If Pearson accepted the $150,-- check then wouldn't the case be settled?

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That soooooooooo exceeds the definition of 'frivolous'.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Klaasvaak -- further reading of the article would reveal that the $65,000,000 "liability" resulted from a subsequent missing pair of pants (suit pants actually -- when the guy became a judge he needed to wear suits, so he took in 5 suits to be let out). My defense would be "assumption of the risk" -- he knows this dry cleaner loses pants, yet he still went back. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't surprise me at all, only in America.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does it happen that a judge would say in such a case to this idiot: "You are a disgrace to our profession. Get lost and pay for this whole thing!" ....cause THIS would be the only right decision about this, after all the pain and worries that he put that dry cleaner through. And then reward the dry cleaner with a few thousand bucks that the lawyer has to pay instead.

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do these Korean guys have 65,000,000 dollars? I usually only see figures like that from our friends. Perhaps this lawyer should go into business with them.

twat.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ban battery - for giving the lads ideas. Seriously, this judge needs to get his head sorted out.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, only in America.

Sadly it does happen here waaaaaay too often. Sad to see that is the kind of person sitting behind a bench too. Confused

As far as Scam Patroller's comment, does this crap happen in other countries too or does everyone elses legal system work correctly?

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps the cleaner should counter-sue for years of storage.

What a pathetic excuse for a lawyer. Hope he gets done for wasting court time, greed and generally being a disgrace to his profession.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OxygenDeprived wrote:
... does this crap happen in other countries too ...

In Germany a fat ass judge who contracted diabetes after eating a number of chocolate bars and drinking a liter of Coca-Cola *every day* sued the makers of Mars and Milky Way bars and Coca-Cola, claiming they were responsible for his diabetes.

He argued that instead of advertisements they should have printed warnings.

Just plain stupid.

article in German
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In UK, a friend of mine was digging the floor up in his new house to make a soundproof room so he could practice his drums without bothering the neighbours.
He got burgled. Burglar fell on broken up floor and broke his ankle. Burglar sued friend for not having a sign up stating work was going on in house.
Burglar won.
Bastard. Evil or Very Mad

Edit : Couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell burglar and wrote it down as bugular. (Tut, and the blonde shines through again. Rolling Eyes

Pretty Rose

pony
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

how many times has that actually happened? I've heard so many similar stories that I kind of get the idea that it's raining house breakers in the United States. Surely if it keeps occuring the law should be altered in favour of the home owner.

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
luckey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A guy in the US tried to sue McDonalds a few years back because eating there every day made him fat. I don�t know if he won anything, but I remember a great quote from comedian Lewis Black:

�He didn�t know that FAT fried in FAT makes you FAT? This guy�s an American hat-trick; stupid, fat, and litigious.�

(or something like that)
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A protagonist of the "Supersize" set -

- The folks who eat Mackie every day - just to see if it will make them ill. Apparently if a food source doesn't provide adequate nutrition to sustain a comfortable state of living, they can be held liable if it can be proven that the glutton in question were eating no other form of food.

Based on this I have constrained myself to a diet consisting exclusively of pork lard and bacon.

Naturally I have become very ill and I am currently taking action against a family of pigs, on the grounds that when they are born, they do not carry a health warning on any part of their body. Nor were they able to adequately explain when questioned, the nutritional information contained within the various parts of their bodies.

DONATE
---

pony pony pony
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yeah, the friend who's burglar succsessfuly sued him, put up a sign afterwards. It was an Alsation snarling with blood coming off it's teeth. The warning said "Beware, I live here."
The police came round and told him he had to take the sign down or lose his dog as he was admitting he had a dangerous dog. (Even though the dog had never even growled in the wrong direction.)

Pretty Rose

pony
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tripped over my shoelaces once and broke my arm. I sued myself for negligence and won the case. I'm still paying. Where I went wrong was I should have sued the shoe manufacturer for not putting a nice big warning on the sole of the shoes saying "Danger. Shoes can kill or cause serious injury!"

The world has gone mad and we let it happen.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Katipo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a story I heard of a woman who sued a supermarket after she tripped over a child that was running amok around the place and won several hundred thousand dollars

and it was her child

true

Or the woman who sued McD's after burning her lip on hot coffee. She reckoned there should have been a warning on the cup

Only in America <sigh>

You are a very unserious man - Koffi
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I once worked in the legal dept of a company that made a well-known mouthwash and a customer tried to sue us after she was given a DUI after drinking about 6 bottles of the stuff. She said that the warning on the label "Do not swallow" wasn't clear enough. We got endless whiney letters from her (very expensive) lawyers and it became a bit of a standing joke. I don't think it was ever settled Very Happy

Talking of frivolous. An Aussie bloke is trying to sue a condom manufacturer for the cost of raising twins who were conceived when their product 'failed'. Unfortunately he didn't keep the 'evidence' - ew - so we just have to take his word for it. Double Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Katipo wrote:
Or the woman who sued McD's after burning her lip on hot coffee. She reckoned there should have been a warning on the cup

You sure you're not thinking of the woman who burned her legs, instead? The woman who got third-degree burns because McDonalds was keeping their coffee 50 degrees hotter than they should have?

Pretty good summary in this forum.

huge linkadoodle

To me, that actually wasn't a frivilous lawsuit once you knew the whole story. I do wish we could get tort reform in the States, though. You ought to be fined, have to pay the person you sued damages, and sentenced to community service or something if you waste the time of the courts with a pair of lost pants you've already accepted reimbursement for.[/url]

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
luckey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Sad story, but fortunately, it's still legal to sell hot food in the US... for now.

New Jersey banned sunny-side up eggs for a while (salmonella worries). But it didn't last.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

battery wrote:
Surely if it keeps occuring the law should be altered in favour of the home owner.

It must depend on the state. Where I live we have no duty to warn a trespasser of any danger at all. If you walk into my house without my permission and I just happen to have a hole in the floor and you fall in, too bad.

/me like that fact
//we also have the castle doctrine... you come in my house it is open season on you.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Luckey:

We have a lot of places that will not sell a burger cooked any more rare than medium well. I like mine medium to medium rare.... so that usually pisses me off. Same deal, scared of getting sick. Gesh, I *know* that, but I want to take the risk for crying out loud.

Freaking nanny state we live in.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a boy who was stung by a scorpion. As it was God's creation, (the Scorpion), the boy was brought back from death, and given a life time's (forever) supply of gasoline, Hamburgers, and new cars, along with 5000 shares of Haliburton yearly! He'll never, ever die! And never get a speeding ticket! He will be elected President in 2104!

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic