SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Monty Python

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Monty python has been ever present in my house since I was an egg, so it's no suprise that my daughter can join in any quoting session.
But...
Today is her birthday party and I could hear a load of laughing from the lounge, so I poked my nose in and 12 kids are sitting around the telly, laughing there socks off to the Holy grail, stopping the dvd and repeating quotes to each other.

If I do nothing else in life, I feel I have passed on the batton with pride Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Better yet, try to get her hooked on "The Young Ones" or my favorite "Fawlty Towers".....you'll thank me for it!
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tsk, python. Those old hasbeens make me sick.....

....oh no wait! I was thinking of the spice girls.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing that always surprised me about Python was how popular they were in the USA, given that the humour was typical British public school.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 14 year old daughter knows the scene with the black knight better than I do. Unfortunately, she's now old enough to understand why I don't let her quote the part where Sister Zoot says "You must spank us! And then, oral sex!"

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the python! I am in the US and think that Python is crazy funny. Some Brittish humor I just don't get, but Python rocks. My wife does not find them so funny though Sad. Might be time for a Python marathon soon again though....

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had no idea who/what they were until about '75.....when they had a late night showing of 'grail' at a theater, sponsored by a radio station.
You got in free if you brought a coconut.

Strangely here they usually only show up on PBS, which is almost wholly responsible for our dismal view of British TV humour......
(Mr. Bean, Pythons, and ok...Benny Hill excepted. But Benny hill was on normal commercial TV here...)

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was raised on Python, Are You Being Served, Black Adder, Benny Hill, and a host of other British Comedies.. It's good for the brain. Very Happy

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy Grail was my gateway drug to British humor when I was the same age, 12. I think the "British" humor bits actually drew me to it more. There was something nice about being able to always laugh at it on a surface level for being silly in any language/culture, yet still have some things I had to go "research" in order to get the joke. It made Python more "challenging".

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few years back a new winery opened up in my area and they employed me as crush pad manager. The one partner was a Python freak and it wasn't long before we were communicating using Python one liners and such. It took about two days before the crew started asking "WTF are you guys talking about?" Laughing

I took my Dad to see 'And Now For Something Completely Different' in the theatre back in the '70s. Dad had been in the British Army and when the precision drill squad scene came on I was slightly embarrassed as Dad was the loudest laugher in the place tears rolling down his face and all, he couldn't stop laughing even after the skit was long finished. Laughing

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favourite film ever, I'm in stitches before the credits end, with all the Swedish subtitles...

Quote:
We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

Quote:
Holy Grail was filmed on a budget of nearly �150,000; this money was raised in part with investments from rock groups such as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. (Wikipedia)

'One day, lad, all this will be yours....'

'What, the curtains?

EDIT: If you ever get the chance, listen to 'The Album of the Soundtrack of the Trailer of the Film of 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' It is done as a broadcast from the Premiere, at the Odeon, Silbury Hill, and has a celebrity car crash, a piece by Eddie Waring from the lavatories and the car park, and much more. And it is the executive version of the LP (CD).
LINK

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to mention I saw them live when they came to a location 'behind the fridge'. We were about three rows back centre stage.. Seeing John Cleese that close doing the minister of silly walks bit was a real highlight for me..I chuckle when i think of it.. Laughing Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

M kids LOVE Pyth

The way they go on you'd think they invented it!

One asked for the dvd collection for xmas

Now they gave us something we like.
what could it be
lumberjacks.....?
or could it be.....

[Scene: A cafe. One table is occupied by a group of Vikings wearing horned helmets. Whenever the word "spam" is repeated, they begin singing and/or chanting. A man and his wife enter. The man is played by Eric Idle, the wife is played by Graham Chapman (in drag), and the waitress is played by Terry Jones, also in drag.

Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam![/quote]
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Love Monty Python, but sadly my DVD collection never gets returned. Finally got my son to bring it back from long term borrow and now my daughter has taken it.
I won't let them see I've started collecting Blackadder now.

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the box set of the TV series, plus most of the films and a lot of the Terry Gilliam ones too. Brazil is one of my favourite films. The kids can take it or leave it, but my youngest loves Mr. Bean.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also live in the US and I love Monty Python, Bennie Hill, Mr Bean and The Black Addler, and Faulty Towers. My favorite on Monty was the Milk Man scene where a milk man comes to the door and a lush blonde wearing a nighty opens the door, crooks her finger at the milkman and proceeds to move up the stairs, turning around and crooking her finger at him to come with her. He follows and she takes him upstairs, smiling and beckoning him and gets to a door, opens it and he walks in, she shuts the door and locks it and he turns around and there are tons of milkmen in the room in various stages of decompostion and stuff. It was funny. British humor is a little different, but they probably think the same of our humor. My family came from Wales...so maybe thats why I like it.
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Holy Grail is great. I am here in the US and for one whole summer watched it like every night when I was 12. Now I have the extended DVD with 39 extra seconds!

I think my favorite MP skit is the one with the english-hungarian phrasebook when the man goes to the tobacconist. "Please f...fundle my buttocks." Classic stuff. The first time I saw that I lauged so hard I almost puked!

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Embers
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my favorite comedies: Monty Python and the meaning of life. Got to love the part with Mr. Creosote (sp?)... "I'll take the lot... in bucket... and break and egg over it!" Also dig the part about the guy being run off the cliff by topless women... funny stuff for us yanks.

I will be ready to be your slave in bed for us to make our self happy all the time~ A current bait whose name will come in time
Warned and dangerous! Very Happy
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My fav part of the Young Ones:

Rick: Gotcha, Vyvyan! Using my ketchup on your corn flakes!
Vyvyan: Well I couldn't get any milk out of the fridge!
Rick: Why, what are you, a spazzy?
Vyvyan: No, there just happens to be an atom bomb in front of the door!

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Huge Monty Python fan,

They cross borders

They cross generations

They are timeless

What more can I say. The best improv group that ever existed.

Always,
B. A. Ware

P.S. Raymond Luxury Yacht, what do you think? Laughing
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy It was monty python that drew me here. I saw shiv's "parrot sketch" vid and took the url from there.

Best line from Holy Grail:
"Are you trying to tell me coconuts migrate?"
or
"Run away!"
crashhoot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Whats on the tube?"
"There's a penguin on the tube."

"Sexual intercourse the penguin! Whats on the telly?"

Very Happy Very Happy

Mark Time, RIP

Armageddon!
Artemis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll also own up to being a MP fanatic.

I have all the DVDs of their shows and films, CD of their music and many books of scripts and biographies.

My 2 grown up sons are true Pythonists, praying to their leader JC (was that from Not the Nine O'clock News?)

Even "she that must not be argued with" sometimes manages a smile.

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

16 y.o daughter got into it when she saw 'The Meaning of Life' on telly. I don't think she'd ever seen anything quite like Mr Creosote. I bought the box set of TV show DVD's - she devoured them. She bought me the movie box set for Xmas. She's almost fluent in Parrot Sketch & Lumberjack song Very Happy

As a slight digression, has the US been subjected to Royston Vasey yet?

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In all honesty, My hubby and I, if we ever get pissed at each other, one of us will say "Is this the right room for an argument?" Then the other will say "I've told you once". Argument diffused.
Monty Python, the marriage guidance counsellor Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony

Last edited by it wasn't me on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic