SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

OK to plagiarize other baiters?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I admit that in a recent tattoo bait I copied SMT's general guidelines to the scammer (in "The Mark of a Moron") about high quality photos, photos of the tattoo shop, scarring, etc. and replaced the name of his church with my own .

The truth is I wouldn't have thought of most of this stuff on my own and I would have had to spend considerable effort to rewrite that entire, massive message. I figured it would be OK as long as I gave him due credit but I am not sure of the etiquette here. Acceptable or not?
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very acceptable. In fact it's almost expected.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, use other baiter's ideas. Just don't, for the love of god, bring up any idea about a shuttle. Razz

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Acceptable in my opinion. I mean, that is the purpose of this site. Generally best to change a couple of things, but I would never have any problem with anyone taking any ideas of mine. Most of my ideas have been done at one time or another, they have just been tweaked to fit my story, character, etc.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
William
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, just checking. Having been conditioned against plagiary my entire life this will take some getting used to. Cool
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Very Happy

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If anybody were to pick up and run with any of my modalities, I'd be honored that they were highly thought of to the point where someone would want to do that.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Feel free to plagiarize at your heart's will.

Please just don't publish it here calling it "my great new idea." Wink
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I've done it. I was having trouble getting people to join my Snake Handling Church until I copied Shivers opening in the Red Breast. Since then they all want to handle snakes.

I also like the Rupert J. Felcher Arctic Skunk opening letter. It sets up for trophy pics from the get go.

My feeling is learn from the pros. I try my own stuff as well, but where it doesn't work I fix it, and mod it to suit.

I'm not sure in what way borrowing stuff is like making love to a beautiful woman, but I do hope Swis Toni will clear that up for me.

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Church's tattooing instructions, and the letter I used to get lads to write out 'Dracula' by hand were both shameless cut & pastes of Shiver's formats, with bits altered to fit my bait. He hasn't sued or banned me yet. Wink

One of the rules is that you should always do less work than the lad.

Just don't ruin anyone else's bait, or send something you stole as an ASEM to hundreds of lads, the writer wouldn't thank you for it.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nothing wrong with learning from others and include your own personal touch to make it even better Wink

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please do recycle. If you want, you can even use one of my baiting characters- Past0r Gord0n Sp0t. You may want to only use his first initial.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a "drag and drop" baiter, I must admit I haven't said anything original in months !
Tikk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I try to make my baits as original as i can, simply because i don't learn if i'm just copy pasting.

I tend to only take the ideas themselves, rather than word for word what the first guy said.

Like i may try to get my lads to join my church, which obviously wasn't my idea, but i will compose all the emails originally myself.

That way i have struck a fine balance between learning and effectiveness Wink
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419Eater- an environmentally friendly forum!!

1. Reduce- the numbers of scammers
2. Reuse- other members formats
3. recycle- lads - remember, a lad shared is a lads pain doubled!!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Like everyone else said.
^ And this place has the finest baiters in the world. Wink

Welcome!

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari

Last edited by Corona on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's like hearing another musician playing your song.
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever! The scammers will copy + paste with scripting and stuff. Well we are all here to waster their time, not ours.
Very Happy

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
spot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's one of the reasons that we make these posts ....... to pool ideas.

It would be good to hear that if one baiter had an interesting result because of an idea posted by another member, and posted about it, that they acknowledged the original member when doing it.

Two fuzzy feelings for the price of one Smile

Prolix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm not sure in what way borrowing stuff is like making love to a beautiful woman, but I do hope Swis Toni will clear that up for me.

It's actually like making love to someone else's beautiful woman. Just be sure to give her back after you're done with her.

"You are criminal, don't write to this box again." - [mask:1]Joseph Foley[/mask:1]

"I TAUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE ASKED AND ALLOWED ME TO GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS
BUT YOU STARTED BEHAVING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DRUNK." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]

"GET LOST. BASTERRD POEPLE." - [mask:1]Paul Dakotan[/mask:1]

"I really thank you for your jokes. But please i want it to put to stop." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be honored and flattered if someone ever used my idea to snail-mail travelers' checks to the lads. It totally screwed them up. PM me any time for how to do that.

Point is, anything goes. It is all for the common good in the long run.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would be honoured if you copied anything I did.
I am extremely boring.
I straight bait with cartoon character names.
I don't care about trophies (but I love to see others)
I love getting bank account info.

But more importantly I will bet that I have dismissed more barristers than your average bear... Laughing
Nothing makes me happier than a Lad barrister throwing his toys in the corner.

And...death threats are just as good as trophies. Laughing

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I'm with you 100% about the death threats. I try to get one a day, but sadly the lads have been letting me down lately.

As for "plagiarizing", there's a very real danger of people believing that their ideas are so original that they "own" them and should be able to claim credit or even control how those ideas are used. It's happened before, unfortunately.

Baiters should know that when they post here it's to benefit all baiters, and copying and embellishing ideas should be encouraged. If you believe that a modality is yours and yours alone, keep it to yourself (and take your ego elsewhere, IMHO.)

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I do admit to a bit of stealing ideas. I don't do a copy and paste job.... however that said, I am thinking that the first few e-mails should be copy and paste so as not to waste too much time and effort on my part before we get to the fun in the bait... the missing money.

/is waiting for his first death threat. Sad
//I mean other than the ones I have received in real life.... Shocked

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have any problem with it. If every idea or modality that we use is original, not much real baiting would get done. Sharing ideas, modalities and concepts is what keeps baiting alive and fun. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic