SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Molson & Lee are hated :)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No. It is an FCC rule that you can not put someone on the air without their permission. There is also a rule that you can do investigative journalism without telling the person they are on the air, but you can only claim investigation for so long. It is my understanding that after a couple of times the lawyers decided that having the scammers on the air becomes entertainment and the station is taking a chance of fines if they continue. Molsonandlee were concentrating on just one scammer running different baits on him and it wasn't deemed investigation any longer.

They probably could move from scammer to scammer as showing how the different scammers work but they have lives and regular jobs beyond this so they haven't. That would be a question for their lawyers. And their show is not an anti-scam show.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Johnny Molson
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To add to Dr. Who - I have found out that the laws vary from state to state.

It really has nothing to do with somebody defending the scammers. The way the law is written, if I dial somebody on the phone and don't identify that they are being recorded and/or put on the air - we have violated the law.

It's so nuts that the person on the other end can be 100% fine with the call being on the air and never complain. It could be my own mother - but, if we haven't told them ahead of time ANYBODY can file a complaint against us.

It's pretty goofy.

That being said... If I say "hello, lad, you're on the air" and the lad keeps talking... we're cool. That is more or less consent. Something tells me the greedy SOB won't give a damn. As somebody else suggested, I could probably get the lad to sign a waiver himself. Twisted Evil

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL I think I'll start saying that anyway, just to get them used to it!

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could send him an email explaining that everytime you call you will be sure to use the code phrase, "hello lad, you are on the air".

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good idea - Passphrase = "Hike Yaller Ronda Air" Answer = "That's okay".

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but they have lives and regular jobs beyond this

As I stated before, I don't know the show, but I did breakfast show for quite a few years, and it was my 'regular job'! It was bloody hard work!!

I understand what you say about needing peoples permission to put them on air, if they wanted to do scambaiting on air, there are hundreds of ways of getting around it. (As stated before)

Pretty Rose

pony
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My statement was meant to mean that they do a regular show and not an anti-scamming show, so to spend time on making their show fit all the requirements of the law and to work a bait enough to get them on the air to satisfy us would be a full time job over and above the show prep they already do. I do miss mr. hot though.
Quote:
ANYBODY can file a complaint against us.
So, Johnny, you mean that even "blownout betty" could file the complaint? Because I can't imagine a scammer complaining.

"To Serve Man"
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Embarassed

Pretty Rose

pony
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this will be good news, taken from their www.molsonandlee.com site:

[edit]

I have just sent abuse notifications concerning www.gecco-logistics.com and www.gecco-logistics.org to their webhosts at [email protected] and posted on the www.hqhost.net forum about them:

http://forum.hqhost.net/en/index.php?t=msg&goto=138&S=67982114134af06866f05c94dbdb34b0#msg_138

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what is the link for the "live" stream?

found it -
http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/detect.html?call=WMAY&title=970%20AM%20WMAY
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I missed the announcement, but their website is back online and it says:

Quote:
As announced this afternoon by Mid-West Family Broadcasting General Manager Kevan Kavanaugh, effective April 30, The Molson and Lee Show can now be heard from 6 to 9 AM on [email protected]... and still heard from Noon to 3 on 970 WMAY.

The only question is - how much Molson and Lee can you take?

Damn, I thought they were going to be fired, looks like bad news anyway Razz

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

aurg, I was sleeping! missed too.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the expense of sounding like an idiot Embarassed , who exactly are Molson and Lee? Obviously, they are a morning show. But what is the affiliation with the site?

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Johnny Molson is a member here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1351

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, I noticed his posts earlier, but I wasn't sure if that was the same character. I figured maybe it was just a fan or whatever. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Totally ashamed now that the same question was asked on the last page and I didn't see it. Embarassed Sorry guys.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, they were effectively the first to call a scammer and mess with them. Before that, most baiters tried to avoid phone contact. After that it became common to set up calls. So they mostly pioneered the phone bait.

"To Serve Man"
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a reply from the webhosts of the fake mule site:

Quote:
Hello,

Site http://www.gecco-logistics.com has been closed.

Thank you for notification.
--
Sincerely,
Security & Abuse Dept.
HQHost, Inc.

Twisted Evil

Not yet had a reply from register.com about the gecco-logistics.ORG domain that is being used for email only, I will forward them the reply above for further evidence.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic