SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Drought

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The following is an extract from today's newspaper. The Darling Downs is a rich agricultural area around 100 miles west of Brisbane.

Quote:
TWO towns on the Darling Downs face evacuation because they have almost run out of water and cannot afford to indefinitely cart supplies.

Senior state bureaucrats have discussed the possibility of moving residents from Leyburn, population 200, and Killarney, home to 1500 people.

One of Leyburn's two bores has run dry and there are fears the other could follow.

It is costing $8000 a week to cart water to Killarney, which is at the source of the Murray Darling river system.

Water Services Association executive director Ross Young said the Government had the power to move people.

"I'm not sure it has ever been used in Australia because of an inability to supply water in a cost-effective manner, but water is becoming increasingly scarce," he said. "The reality is with no water, you can't live anywhere for long. If this goes on for years, there is a real question of how you provide water supplies to these communities."

Warwick Shire Mayor Ron Bellingham called evacuation an "Armageddon solution", but admitted it was a possibility for Leyburn.

YOU AND MR.MAX PAYNE ARE BIG FAT FOOL BUM HOLE ASS SHIT HEAD AND MR.MAX PAYNE
YOU MONKEYS SUCK FOOL

bastard idiote

also aware that this is not fraud as others do

MAY GOD PURNISH YOU ANIMAL
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Barney, I hadn't read that article. Things are tough and it has always been said that water will be a source of future conflict. I have 3 dams at about 40% capacity. If we get no decent falls before winter then I am in trouble as will everyone else in my area. Aleady people are dumping cattle at low prices as agistment and forage are almost gone.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our winter snow melt is predicted at 18% for Western Nevada. Something is going on, and a lot of people who might be able to make some changes are ignoring it due to the $$$ signs in their eyes.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ONE of Queensland's largest power stations has scaled back its electricity generation.

From January 1, Tarong Power Station, 180km west of Brisbane, reduced its generation by about 20 per cent during off-peak hours, such as on weekends and overnight, when demand is lower.

The move is expected to save about 7000 megalitres of drinking water over 18 months � the equivalent of 2800 Olympic-sized swimming pools.

Southeast Queensland uses an average of 700 megalitres a day.

"Reduced generation means reduced water consumption at the power station, so this is good news for our dams," Acting Premier Anna Bligh said.

"Importantly, this step does not endanger southeast Queensland's power supplies, as the current supply of electricity far exceeds demand.

"Power will continue to be generated as normal during peak times."

Tarong sources the vast majority of its water from Boondooma Dam but also accesses Wivenhoe Dam for a relatively small amount of water.

However, it is required under regulations to take measures to minimise its water take.

Earlier this year, Premier Peter Beattie said Tarong and the southeast's other major power station, Swanbank, might have to be shut down as part of an "Armageddon" solution if it did not rain.

However, the Government hopes that by the end of 2008, both Tarong and Swanbank will have access to recycled water through the Western Corridor water pipeline. But extra power will be needed to treat recycled water and to run the desalination plant being built on the Gold Coast.

YOU MONKEYS SUCK FOOL

bastard idiote

BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Footy club probed after water disappears
April 26, 2007 � 11:10AM
A country Victorian football club is being investigated by the local water authority following the discovery of a mysterious pipe leading to the club's home ground and the disappearance of water from the town's reservoir, it was reported.
South Gippsland Water was examining if there was a link between a water pipe leading to the dam at the Poowong Football Club's oval and the town's depleting water supply, News Limited newspapers said.
But Poowong Magpies president Peter Notman said he knew nothing of the pipe.
"We're looking at it ourselves," he told News Limited, adding he believed the oval's dam was fed by a natural spring.
The home ground of the Poowong Magpies was lush and green, in stark contrast to other football clubs around Victoria that put their seasons on hold because they feared players could injure themselves on ovals baked hard by drought.
South Gippsland Water tests revealed the presence of chlorine at the Poowong oval, indicating town water had been used on it, the report said.
It was thought the pipe could have led to the club's dam from the Little Bass Reservoir, which supplied drinking water to Poowong and nearby Nyora and Loch, the report said.
Mr Notman said he had spoken to a South Gippsland Water official, but had heard nothing official about an investigation.
"He (the water official) did say there was a lot of water going missing, but I don't know if we're being the scapegoat for it," he said.
The pipe, made in sections of galvanised metal and flexible tubing, has been cut and sealed by South Gippsland Water.
� 2007 AAP

YOU MONKEYS SUCK FOOL

bastard idiote

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic