SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sick dog, bad food?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the US anyway, a lot of pet food has been recalled. My 80lb. Boxer became ill yesterday. It did not look too good. We have our dogs crate trained, but last night Cooper was allowed to sleep with me. Good thing, he had to go out every 20 min to barf. Finally, at 5 AM, he crashed out and began snoring like a chain saw with a missing muffler. Of course, he had to lay across my body, making breathing an experience unto itself. Today, he is drinking water again, and is taking "cookies". Whew! I thought the worst. Today is an "off" day for him, as he recovers. We're both pretty tired. I had to help him onto the bed all night, he was so weak. Don't know what I would do without my "slab dog". He's my first puppy, but he's 8 now.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Joe,

I love the word 'barf' it's one of those words that seems to evoke exactly what it means. I do hope your Boxer is OK and slobbering all over your face as they are prone to do.

Post some pictures if you can, makes a change from the cats.

Tommo.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"We're watching the dog show! Poodle night!"

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

we started not using dog food. our vet recommened laying off of dog food for a while, so we are now feeding our dog rice, beef, turkey, vegetables and eggs

"As an idiot who have not see money?Stupify away from me ungodly person." - Nugo

"I dream how we will sit at you at home I will
sit on your knees, you will iron my face, my legs." - Marina

pony Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Click here to support 419Eater.com

ironman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is the dog food wet or dry?

I believe the wet food are suspect and not the dry ones.

Last edited by ironman on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Joe (I love saying that as you know by now Laughing )

He's a cutey and I'm sure he will be OK.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad he's OK! Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wifey just started feeding some wet food. I say hold off for a while. I checked the FDA site, but none of the foods were on the recall list. Yeah, he's cute, just call before you come over. He's a "bit" Twisted Evil territorial.
Alarm system, Bah! Already have one.

Goat dog

Last edited by JoeTam on Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joe, I hope your family member will be okay. A friend of mine lost her dog due to the tainted food, and she is crushed. Some people think it was a deliberate poisoning.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, know what it's liKe to have a barfing dog around ( or both ends going eeee)

Nice pic of the dog, reminds me of one a pal has, but his has the full tail.

My sympathies even tho' I'm a cat person

Is there a suggestion that this is a deliberate contamination of the food?
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Joe, go to your local Vet or Groomer and ask them if they have any organic dog food. There are different brands, both wet and dry food. I have been feeding my dog it ever since I got her. My last dog died of cancer and I personally feel that the diet of that crap food I fed her was partly responsible for her premature death, so I have vowed to only give my new dog the best. The organic food wasn't affected at all by the recall as far as I'm concerned.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My best friend was a Rottie called 'Woof' who lived until she was 11 on a very unhealthy diet of anything she could steal fom the fridge. (I had to put a lock on it in the end)
My mum had a boxer.
One day, she decided that the boxer (Sadly enough, his name was 'The boxer') needed tinned meat instead of the dried food he'd been having throughout his life. The boxer, for the next 2 days hurled and poohed everywhere. When Mum took him to the vets, he said it was the change of diet.
Just a thought...

Pretty Rose

pony
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RE: last posts, thank you,
He's a fine dog. He goes outside to "purge". Thank God, he's house trained that well.

I'm going to look into some different food for all our critters, I think.

You know, I was (am, see avatar)(avatar just changed). a cat person too, until my wife got us some dogs. Now, I' love em' all. Why not be both? I'm not sure if Don likes Chihuahua's though.

There are rumours the pet food was delibertry (sp?) contaminated. Possibly with Warfarin. (Rat Poison). AKA Coumidin, a blood thinner. I could be totally off on this comment.

I think a change of diet might have been a big factor too.

Tonight, he's doing well, drinking water and eating, dry food. He slept until noon today, then from 1 to 4 PM.
Thanks all, looks like he's going to be OK.
Joe.

Goat dog

Last edited by JoeTam on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Bella
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Joe, glad to hear that your mate is on the mend. It makes you wonder about the mentality of people who would deliberately try to hurt and kill pets. They must have had a sad life.
When we had our little Cavalier King Charles spaniel I used to make his food too and I mixed rice, minced beef, eggs, vegies and our vet said to add a little oatmeal or cereal.
He loved it. (the dog, not the vet). Smile

HELLO SIR, I AM SORY FOR THE DELAY OF THE REPLY OF YOUR MAIL, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT IT�S BECAUSE OF THE CRISTMAS, AND WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS MOST OF THE REFUGEE IN THE CAMP RUN AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK SO WHEN IT IS CRISTMASS THEY DON�T ALOW US TO GO OUT.- Lofty Kamara
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

happy crowd
Really pleased to hear that Joe

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My two dogs eat only (good quality) dried food and absolutely NO scraps or 'treats' from the dining table. Provided they have plenty of fresh water they thrive on it. Clearing up the poop is a lot less confronting too Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@JT:

happy crowd happy crowd

Great news mate. I thought my cats were safe because they only eat dry food - then the same manufacturer of the (extremely expensive) dry food goes and issues a recall. Luckily, it was for another type of dry food, and anyway it was only precautionary. Everyone is safe Very Happy

And yes, my monsters turn into little barfing machines if I ever change their diet.

FWIW, the current scuttlebutt among the veterinary/agricultural community up here (so I am told) is that the most likely culprit is a chemical called melamine, which appears to have been a contaminant in wheat gluten used in the affected products. There is some suggestion that melamine can falsely enhance measurements of protein content in wheat gluten, leading some to deduce that it was deliberately added to hide a poor-quality product or to fetch a higher price. However, this is PURE supposition at this stage.

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Joe. Hope your hound is OK now. You may need to modify his diet as he gets older anyway.

Ahh dog food. One of my favorite topics to rant about. I was converted long ago to feeding only fresh food. None of my dogs have ever seen, let alone eaten, the tinned shit. You don't need to add poison to it. It does a fair job of killing the dog slowly anyway. Find out what's in it and you'll see what I mean. I've always had blue heelers, and their basic diet has always been roughly 1/2 fresh chicken [the whole carcass with feathers and everything], 1/4 rice or pasta and 1/4 assorted vegetables. For the protein part I substitute fish, rabbit or 'roo meat when available.

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope your boxer is OK.

My Leukocyte the red point siamese had kidney failure a while back. A neighbor boy asked me what was wrong? I told him I had too much money and the vet fixed that. I wonder if its illness was related to the recalled food it refused to eat.

A friend of mine from middle school is a pharmacist and a perfect friend for Reprob8. Sadly he made the local paper as his kitten is now playing with the giant ball of string in the sky.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love both dogs and cats.. I have 2 cats and 1 dog.. I haven't fed them tinned food in years because it makes thier poo stink really bad. As far as the pet food recall is concerned, there is talk about rice gluten, used in some dry food, being tainted with melmane as well. I think I also heard something about corn gluten as well. Not trying to scare anyone, but the rice and corn is being reported as coming from the same supplier as the wheat gluten.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/pet.food/index.html

I'm currently feeding my cats Nutro Indoor formula and the dog is eating Purina One something..

This makes me VERY nervous.. Can we even trust the pet food industry anymore? I'm thinking of switching to home-cooked food for them. Shocked

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As I said before, My Rottie 'Woof' was fed chicken, beef, veg, rice, oats and anything else she could steal from the fridge. She lived a very healthy life.
I agree with Rockaway. Dog food is poison to begin with!!
It's not as expensive as you'd think to feed them fresh food.

Pretty Rose

pony
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
My Leukocyte the red point siamese had kidney failure a while back.
I had a cat go through that Connie. The vet had me give him IV fluids. I'd hang the bag in a tree in the backyard, and the cat on my lap. Shouldv'e seen the looks on the neighbors faces as they peeked over the fence! They never did ask.Laughing
By the way, Cooper is just fine now! Very Happy

Goat dog
ironman
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A woman where I used to work told me that she had a cat that lived to be 19 years old. I asked her what type of food she fed her cat.

I was thinking maybe she would say a specially cooked gourmet meal or maybe some sort of high tech science diet. But no, she told me she based her buying decision on what was the cheapest cat food available at the time. It was an outdoor cat and she lived in a rural area, so she also never took it to the vet for shots or anything.

Also, on the subject of wet food, someone told me that wet food is bad for the teeth of the animal.
Reverend Bondi Cigars
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
It was an outdoor cat and she lived in a rural area.....

The cat was no doubt supplementing it's diet with whatever it could catch. It's not unusual for cat owners to buy commercial cat food, put it out for the cat, and it mostly gets eaten by rats. The cat eats anything else it can catch, including rats. The owner sees the cat food gone and assumes the cat is doing well on the bought food. The cat stays healthier than if it was actually eating the bought shit.

Any animals fed only "wet" food [and nothing else] stand a good chance of eventually losing a lot of teeth. Not just directly because of the over-processed crap in the food, but through the lack of balance in the diet.

"FUCK YOU REVEREND CIGAR" [Fred Taylor] Hello Kitty!

"Hello Friend Rev Bondi Cigars, greetings in the name of Jesus Christ......I have some money now with me so that we can proceeds with the cleansing process......." [Reverend Michael]

"Father Bondi you said I should use explosive to open the safe......." [Reverend Michael again]

"Rev Bondi Cigars now see what you have cost for me , i will never forgive you!!!!!!!" [and again]
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a couple of tabby tom bruisers when we lived in the country and they used to go on hunting trips and bring back rats, rabbits, mice you name it (although they never bothered with birds). Their favourite meal was a nice juicy squirrel which they would eat - fur, bones, guts and all - and leave just the tail on the doormat as a 'gift' for us. We hardly had to feed them at all.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic