SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A newbie amazed, but nothing special, I guess! (No pics)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm attempting a first and rather amateurish bait of a Russian vlad.
After four quite brief emails from me, "she" is in love (told her Mother, who approves!) and is ready to start a family.
Several (very attractive!) photos have been duly saved to my HD...though, whoever the picture is really of, one shot (from the background) seems to have been taken in Turkey.
And all this, despite the fact that "she" has not seen my photo, doesn't know what country I live in, and my "pen" name (not the one used here) is that of a character from a fairly well-known book and film!
Amazing!
Though I can just about understand how, given a more subtle approach by the vlad, someone could be taken in! Not funny at all.[/u]

Last edited by Julian Day on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any chance you can post up the stuff you've had off "her" so far? You never know, it might be one not already posted about here.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that advice.
The original email turned up unannounced on a free yahoo account which I use for hobby interests (nothing to do with Dating...I've never used dating sites), and Googling brought me here!
"Her" email address is mentioned here in another thread, so I sure it's not new to the experts, and I've also found one of the same photos on the russiandetective site.
I will post anything of interest, though, when it's run a bit further.
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the photos sent to me is of a blonde girl against a decorated table
with two cakes iced in the style of the Turkish flag...in the background is the name "Kemer Dream Hotel". Googling this gives the hotel website confirming it to be in Antalya, Turkey, and the views of the bedrooms and locality on that site show that at least some of the other pictures were taken there.
To me the pictures look like amateur photos of a "next-door" girl (though a very pretty one Wink ) enjoying a holiday.
Does this perhaps indicate that these have been "stolen" from someone's "innocent" website?
(Please excuse me, as a newbie, if I'm asking stupid questions!)
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Post up some details and we'll let you know.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're not asking 'stupid' questions, but if you don't put the pictures or headers up, we can't tell you the answers!
pm the piccys if you don't want them up on the forum. (Not to me....I know nowt!...Wayne is always good for helping identify vlads)

Anywhoo.....Welcome!! Pull up a chair, read the stickys, get a mentor and bait safe!! Glad to have you around.beers!

*Sorry Wayne, but you're always the first I think of regarding lovescams Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"it wasnt me" - thanks for that welcome!
I spent a couple of hours yesterday reading through this forum, etc., so hopefully now I'm a bit wiser on what's what!
The headers on the emails to me are:-
----------------------------------------------------------------

From sveta Fri Apr 20 05:24:28 2007
X-Apparently-To: @yahoo.com via 209.191.68.169; Fri, 20 Apr 2007 05:25:36 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [213.180.200.14]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta515.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 213.180.200.14 (EHLO smtp3.yandex.ru) (213.180.200.14) by mta515.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 20 Apr 2007 05:25:36 -0700
Received: from 102.236.dialup.mari-el.ru ([217.107.236.102]:6406 "EHLO 102.236.dialup.mari-el.ru" smtp-auth: "sveta-soln" TLS-CIPHER: <none> TLS-PEER-CN1: <none>) by mail.yandex.ru with ESMTP id S3588659AbXDTMZa (ORCPT <rfc822; @yahoo.com>); Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:25:30 +0400
X-Comment: RFC 2476 MSA function at smtp3.yandex.ru logged sender identity as: sveta-soln
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:24:28 +0400
X-Mailer: The Bat! (v3.51.10) UNREG / CD5BF9353B3B7091
Reply-to: sveta <[email protected]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: " " < @yahoo.com>
Subject: Re[10]: Hello
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------FB19717F870505C"

-------------------------------------------------

Following your suggestion in your last email, I've pm'd a couple of the
pics of "Svetlana" to Wayne....they're obviously sent by a scammer, but
I suppose I'm thinking (naively?) that they may be someone's stolen pics.
I'm sure that they are both taken in Turkey.

The content of the emails seem to be standard letters, totally unrelated to
my own brief replies....I asked about holidays, though, and the reply to that one did refer to holidays, might have been partly "individual".

Thanks for any comments.[/i]
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Somebody else has found your lover.
See here:- http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=851719

Scroll down to HugginsDUI's post of Tue Apr 03.

Now, if you Google some of the text included in the email posted by HugginsDUI you'll find plenty of different identities using the same form letter.
There's one HERE
Another HERE

and the same script is used by Vanndickey's lover HERE

She seems to get around a bit. Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that info, Breddan Butter.
The letter from "Svetlana" in HugginsDUI's post is exactly identical with the first one which I received, even to the punctuation and spacing.
I notice that the copy which I received also starts "Thank you for your letter", even though it appeared in my email totally unsolicited (the email account is one which I use for membership of some hobby Yahoo Groups... there is a lot of other general spam appearing recently, through Groups with little general activity).
I've not found any other pictures of "my lover" yet though...shall be interested if Wayne come up with anything.
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My "lover" appears to be the same girl as this (the blonde version):-

http://www.delphifaq.com/faq/russian_marriage_scams/f1352.shtml

Anyway, thanks for your patience with a Newbie!
It's given me a quick introduction to what this business is all about, and I think I'll now just run the bait along with "Svetlana" for a while, while I read up the masses of useful information here! I don't want to wade in and mess up anything for any other members!

Interestingly, I've remembered today an incident a few years ago with a business acquantance who was "on a low" after a messy divorce...he mentioned to me that he was thinking about joining a Russian agency, and I cautioned him to take care (I didn't know anything about scams then, just seemed to me to be common sense!). A few months afterwards he confessed that he's been scammed for �1,000 by a United Kingdom "lady" who he'd met on the web!
He was always a very astute and alert in his business dealings, so I guess
it's another example than anyone could fall for this when they're at a vulnarable time in their life.

By the way I'm now my lady's "Prince on a White Charger"....being as I'm a rather tubby middle-aged guy, who'd probably need some steps to climb onto a horse, this conjures up an interesting picture! Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic