SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I don't know... this guy sounds legit...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Soma419
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First time poster, long time reader.

(And, of course, the title is a joke)

I got my first 419 scam e-mail today. I'm almost giddy.

So, this is it:

Quote:
FROM FRANK GUEI
IVORY COAST WEST AFRICA

DEAREST ONE,

I AM FRANK GUEI FROM IVORY COAST AND I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE I NEED YOUR HELP IN THE MANAGEMENT OF A SUM OF MONEY THAT MY DEAD FATHER LEFT FOR ME BEFORE HE DIED.(THIS MONEY IS USD $10.5 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS) AND THE MONEY IS IN A BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN.

MY FATHER WAS A VERY RICH COCOA FARMER AND HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS COLLEAGUES AND NOW I WANT YOU TO STAND AS MY GUIDIAN AND APPOINTED BENEFICIARY AND RECEIVE THE MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY SINCE I AM ONLY 19 YEARS AND WITHOUT MOTHER OR FATHER.

PLEASE I WILL LIKE YOU TO REPLY TO THIS EMAIL SO THAT I WILL TELL YOU ALL THE INFORMATION SO THAT THIS MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERED TO YOU SO THAT YOU WILL GET ME PASSPORT TO TRAVEL TO YOUR COUNTRY TO CONTINUE MY EDUCATION THERE.I AM WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY AND I WILL CALL YOU AS
SOON AS I HEAR FROM YOU. IN MY NEXT MAIL I WILL SEND YOU A COPY OF MY PICTURE SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW THE PERSON YOU ARE HELPING OK.

THANKS.
FROM FRANK GUEI

The possibilities are endless. Do I start by asking if he's black, and if he finds that ironic being from the Ivory Coast? How much 10.5 million USD would be in my country of Monopolia? How long before I tell him my phone number is 867-5309 (Please tell me there are other Tommy Tutone fans here!)

Please, any tips for a first time baiter? I've read up on how to do this safely, but I want tips on the fun part.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the "black from the ivory coast" joke will fall on some deaf ears here.

Why not read up here for a while and get the hang of things? Reply to him that you're interested and want to learn more. He'll send you a second scripted reply telling you more and asking for your vital statistics.

From there, the world is your oyster. IF you're truly starting out, sign up for a mentor, and bait straight as you learn how the lads operate.

Welcome and good luck.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
rhinocoress
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Monoploia sounds good lol, keep him thinking its a real place and go on for months finding ways to make him work for your money....then when it comes pouring in he'll have lots of play money to but his own hotel Very Happy
Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 'Eater, Soma419.

What JMRazor said: you'll do best if you bait straight for awhile, to learn the scripts and how to knock them off it etc. I think you'll find straight baiting plenty fun to begin with. And it gives you valuable experience for the wilder stuff later on. If you don't do it right, the lad will twig and you'll get nothing. Signing up for a mentor will be a big help in the long run.

Oh, and while you're on 'Eater you'll want to stay away from any references that may be perceived as having racial undertones.

Again, welcome, bait safe, and have fun!

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Soma,

This guyman is a beginner too so it's perfect for a first timer. Make a basic response and the second letter may give you something to work with.

I like your monopoly modality. It gives you lots to work with without having to stretch into the really crazy stuff.

Like the others said. race really doesn't have a place in baiting. Scammers, like Monopoly money come in many colors. (Hey you guys, he started it Wink )

Like Jen said take this one simple and learn as you go, but you can throw a few zingers in there. Monopoly is ripe with easy ones. e.g. you could get thrown in jail and not be able to answer for 3 turns. Make sure you tell him you own several homes but aspire to be a Hotelier. And of course make sure you win that beauty contest and collect $15. (come on guys, thats funny shit.)

Always,
B. A. Ware
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I've always found that the teenager that has just lost his parents is an especially good candidate for a church bait. Especially if you start calling him "son."

Welcome to eater!

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jayhawk,

Good Point. You're right.

@Soma,

You should become the "Mono Poly Ministry and Orphanage" (It's Polynesian. lol) and one of your compounds has just sold their 4 houses to build a hotel for the orphans. However the orphanage mascott, a scottish terrier dog, has been sent directly to jail, he was not allowed to pass go.

Come on, this is funny shit.

Always,
B. A. Ware
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Soma

I'll join those saying bait straight. Lads aren't all completely thick and some of them will catch on if you try something silly straight away. They're also capable of learning from their mistakes so blithely ignore anything that looks wrong, but be extremely doubtful of anything that looks in the least bit convincing as you want them to learn the wrong lessons entirely.

By playing straight, you'll get to see just how they work and they'll be none the wiser when you screw them over at the cash stage; they might even think that they did something to put you off.

Also, don't forget that they'll be running loads of scams in parallel, so you can always try and re-bait them from a new address. Once you know their method inside out, you can start to throw in some entertaining stuff and see how they take it.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Hellbastard

I will give you that one.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I will state my opinion.

I have a new bait right now that I am playing very straight. In five years of baiting I have never met a scammer that is like this one. He is obviously educated and literate. If I were to tell him I was Bart Simpson I would be going down like a bucket of chicken at Oprah's house.

This scares me. Scammers have become better at what they do. I joined this forum for this very reason. If we can't have fun with them I'm afraid we won't recruit new people into what we do.

I won't get up on my soapbox and preach but if we don't stop them, WHO will? If we can't recruit new people then WHO will?

have fun, be safe, and,

Always,
B. A. Ware
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I see it, an intelligent and educated scammer is more likely to be a succesful scammer. People still get taken in by these scams and these guys are the most likely the ones who are pulling it off. Even if you have to bait dead straight you're doing an especially valuable service in wasting their time and you can still have your Western Union moment with them when the time comes.

The typical lad from Lagos, on the other hand, is most likely a small time wannabe who might occasionally pick up the odd five hundred bucks now and again, but is never really going to amount to much. You can get them to do all sorts of stupid things, but bear in mind that they're probably just small fry.
BlueTiger
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to my favorite site on the web. JMRazor has good advise. Get a mentor. Very Happy
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

soma419--welcome aboard--

re: your 19 year old millionaire lad--it always makes me larf when they profess to be so naive/young as to not know how to handle such a great amount of cash. I was 19 once--several decades ago--and while I might have pissed it all away faster than a drunk teenage Arab sailor on shore-leave, I wouldn't have offered XX% to someone to tell me how to manage my money. 19- year-olds are complete idiots on any continent, but not THAT stupid!

Yours is a standard lad script. Usually a 'junior sister' involved too--never an older sibling. It's a lad specialty to act befuddled at having such wealth thrust upon them from their poisoned/murdered daddy--[But God knows the truth!!] and they are hopeful that you are the gullible dumb-ass they have been seeking all along. Interesting to note that they tell you how the people they trusted betrayed them, but they trust you. DOH!!

The mother/widow might be still alive, but just a pawn in the scam. She usually comes into play if malaria/medical emergencies become a part of the scam. In which case you will be asked to wire money to help. And therein a great op for some serious bitch-slapping on that.

Keep at it and sooner or later you will hear from some lad who tells you he has ALL the cash in a box under his bed in his flea-bag hotel room, and doesn't know what to do and is afraid. Hasn't eaten in days, though he has the funds to have Sydney rock oysters/ Maine lobster shipped in daily. ..It doesn't get any stupider than that. I tell them to buy an airplane and jet out of that hell-hole...Somehow it never occurs to them...

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic