SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

UK Uni Question for you lot!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i got this from a very close friend of mine ( who is not a mugu ) and since it is about UK and there is a good number of baiter population from UK i posted it over here - please find any info that can help this person, and we might have another photoshop expert in our mist
Quote:
I m interested in doing post graduation in historical conservation. I would like to know if it has enough scope there in UK, since due to some reasons I might have to settle there in future.

The impression I have about UK is that the buildings are already conserved and preserved in a way......so I am not sure if studying conservation is the right option if one plans to work in UK.

I mean is there enough space for conversationalist.....

At the same time....I�m equally interested in sustainable architecture n energy conservation.....painting and fine arts...so its kind of confusing what should I opt for....

Would it be possible to get in touch of some of the conservation architects in UK...and find it out? It would be very helpful if could suggest some people there whom I could contact.....
I was looking at theses universities and courses

1. UCL, Bartlet
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/sustainableheritage/msc.htm

2. Brookes, Oxford
http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying/courses/postgraduate/2007/hca

3. University of York
http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/arch/gsp/conservation/buildings/menu.htm

4. London Metropolitan University
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/ug-prospectus/courses/restoration-and-conservation.cfm

5. Bath University
http://www.bath.ac.uk/ace/conservation/index.htm

Among these...it might be quite possible to get complete scholarship n stipend for London Metropolitan University, but I m not sure as to how the university is......so it would be nice if u could tell me something about that as well....

Please suggest about the universities...n the opportunity for the specializations
thanking you
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine went to London Met (then North London) doing Architecture. He said that for architecture, the uni is really very good and he landed a good job in Washington afterwards...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
heres_jonny
419Eater is my life

Location: My desk - a pile of work to the left of me, this computer to the right...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure about the course, but I know from having visited it that Bath University has a very nice campus - plenty of green open spaces, plus the facilities are really good. Know nothing about the course, mind you!

"Well for now am just having fun with you but the day i will let you know that you have something that does not belong to you is coming and that will lead to your death i will let you know who i am but you will not live to see the next day ...look out for a black very tall his name is miko you have seen him but you never know he is coming for you. " - Mary Jane Kalo
Cellphone x 5 Mortar x14
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They're all good places to go for architecture. (Note that the York one is actually in the archaeology department though.) So, if LMU are the only ones offering the money, they're probably the ones to go for.

About the only other thing to note is that LMU and Oxford Brookes are newer universities (both established in the last 15 years, although incorporating older colleges and polytechnics) where the other three are more established traditional universities.
heres_jonny
419Eater is my life

Location: My desk - a pile of work to the left of me, this computer to the right...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only other thing worth pointing out is that it is much more expensive to live in London than the other places on that list

"Well for now am just having fun with you but the day i will let you know that you have something that does not belong to you is coming and that will lead to your death i will let you know who i am but you will not live to see the next day ...look out for a black very tall his name is miko you have seen him but you never know he is coming for you. " - Mary Jane Kalo
Cellphone x 5 Mortar x14
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Bath, Oxford and York are cheap places to live though. They're just slightly less expsensive than London.
heres_jonny
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No, that's a good point. London is just the "worst" finance-wise

Cellphone x 5 Mortar x14
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure that it will be much more. Oxford and Bath are both preceived to be upmarket and are expensive for property in anything other than the worst and roughest parts, which will push up the cost of living and even student rents. York is almost certainly going to be the cheapest, but as a very popular tourist destination, it is pricier than much of the rest of North Yorkshire. I believe that the University in York is well-respected in this field, but that's anecdotal.

Damn, beaten to it twice. Rolling Eyes Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a Yorkshireman I have to champion York. It is a bit of a tourist trap, but like a lot of places, if you know where to go, you can find food and drink at reasonable prices.

It also has some outstanding architecture, especially York Minster and The Shambles. It also gives you good access to some of the loveliest countryside in the country. Shit football team though! Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try the free in depth uni reviews at www.push.co.uk Very Happy I used them when I applied to uni, they have more detail than anywhere else and give you a good idea of the atmosphere.

Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't comment on the Uni's I never applied to any of them, so I never looked them up.

To address the need for conservation in the UK and a career in it afterwards. I used to work in the Civil Service and and had some dealings with CADW's recruitment branch. CADW is the Welsh Historical Momuments Agency.

They were recruiting conservationists at the time I was working. Britain has lots of history, not all of it is being conserved. Even Listed Buildings - buildings that have been 'placed under the protection' of Local Government - need to be monitored and kept in their original shape. There are 35 local authorities in Wales, countless more in England and Scotland that do employ conservationists. It's their legal duty to protect listed buildings. These even include ensuring that the right type of guttering is used on the buildings.

Then there are archaeological trusts in operate troughout the country. They also employ conservationists.

As to the ease of finding a job, I can't say, not my field. Even if your friend doesn't settle in the UK, having degrees from other country's sounds better on the CV.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic