SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Oh c*ck!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Suppose it had to happen. After 2 years of riding my motorsickle through audi-ridden traffic without a scratch, I came off on a bloody country road yesterday. Luckily it was low-speed. Tight right hander- ran wide & hit a grass bank on the left. Result - bruised ribs, shoulder, sprained wrist & f*cking angry coz I was due to take my test tomorrow. Mad Mad

Bollocks.

Thank goodness for Cordura! Anyone recommend a good painkiller?

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. A motorsickle. That must be cool... Laughing

Sorry dude, couldn't resist.

Hope you're ok. If you can get hold of some 30/500 Cocodamol, you'll be happy... Prescription only though, I'm afraid...

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Imike, you have my total sympathy.

I've ridden bikes for years, always old ones until 4 years ago when I saved up for and purchased a beautiful CBR600f. I named her 'Biggles'.
We had fun for months bobbing in and out of traffic and blowing the cobwebs out of my hair, then one day, I came to the end of a country road, forgot that as I rounded the corner, it T junctioned onto a very main road. I braked as hard as I could and had almost come to a safe stop, thinking 'Phew, that was close.' Put my left leg down as I came to the junction and hadn't noticed the gravel under my foot. My foot slipped forward and my beautiful bike fell over with my leg underneath it.Crying or Very sad
Luckily I was in full leathers, but I had a badly twisted knee. And boy did I feel a c*ck when I took the bike for repair and had to explain what happened.
Painkillers : Solpadine, Co-codomol and if that fails, diazipan from Docs.
Hope you didn't hurt your bike!! Did they let you re book your test?

Pretty Rose

pony
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

iMike wrote:
(..)

Ask Reprob8 . He's THE expert on this.

Fight My Brute
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
Painkillers : Solpadine, Co-codomol and if that fails, diazipan from Docs.

Diazepam? For pain? Wiki... Confused

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

pony Mortar x24

Last edited by B.L.Z. Bubb on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I broke my pelvis in a horse riding accident and the doc prescribed diazepan when I got home and it did the trick for me! Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That'll learn me for being a smart-arse then, won't it. Laughing

pony Mortar x24
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hope you didn't hurt your bike

Not mine - the riding school's. Instructor was behind me when it happened. I don't think you can hurt a GS500 with 70k on the clock! Very Happy

It was supposed to be a 3 day DAS conversion course with the test on the 3rd day. Unfortunately, the sore wrist means I can't control the clutch effectively, so there's not much point in doing the remaining 2 days just yet. I've probably lost the test fee at this late stage - just hoping they'll let me carry things forward. Next problem is trying to arrange more time off work - I'd booked this week off specifically to get the course & test done. Sad

Quote:
hadn't noticed the gravel under my foot

Few weeks ago I was filling up with fuel & didn't notice I was standing in a puddle of diesel! Found out a few yards up the road when my feet slipped off the footpegs!!

Closed lad accounts x2

"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to own a motorcycle training company. If you're in UK (Which I presume you are coz you're talking about DAS) I hope you're not being charged for the course you can't finish?
If I can help in any way, pm me.

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As this is (kind of) a bike thread, may I hijack briefly - again, but this time on topic - to ask a question?

What does your left hand have to do when riding a bike? I ask because I've wanted a bike for years, but due to arthritis have never done anything about it. Basically, my index and middle finger are "locked" and can't bend, so gripping anything is confined to my thumb, ring and pinky fingers... I imagine that this would effectively mean that riding is out, but I think I just need someone to say it... Sad

pony Mortar x24
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Left hand = clutch. So, if you have sufficient movement and strength in the fingers you can use to hold handle bar and pull and release clutch, you should be able to ride a bike. The only problem I could think of is the 2 'locked' fingers may inhibit control of clutch, but if you don't try, you'll never know Wink
Motoguzzi also do an automatic bike...Never ridden one, but could be an option?

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I don't try, I'll never know... So true...

Thanks for the reply... I know someone who has a bike, so I might see if he'll let me just try to squeeze the clutch and see how it goes. (No jokes please Razz )

pony Mortar x24
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck!!
It's the best feeling in the world, (I was going to say to have that much power between your legs Embarassed )
Please let me know how you get on Very Happy

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard its great so many times, and I've always wanted to try it... Plus, since I don't drive, it'll be nice to be able to go out without relying on the other half to drive me...
Of course, its all academic if I can't afford a bike... Crying or Very sad

pony Mortar x24
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
Left hand = clutch.

Enfield Bullet? Right Hand=Clutch? Might that be true?
What about other UK-Bikes?

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
HJS
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to have a bike when I was 16, came off it once going round a bend bit like yourself, remember sliding up the road and thinking to myself "I wonder does this helmet actually work" so I stuck my head down on the road to see if I could feel anything.

Result - Helmets work.

Although for some strange reason everyone I tell about this thinks I may have had brain damage before this.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@blzb - I believe that some bikes have different controls, but most have the left hand clutch. Usually you squeeze, change gear (left foot), and release, but the Motorcycle Safety Foundation here in the US recommends that you keep the bike in first gear with the clutch engaged while stopped - this makes it easier to get out of the way if the person in the SUV behind you forgets to stop. That would probably be the only concern you should have.

I don't know about where you live, but there are numerous weekend classes here that are very reasonably priced. You could call one up, explain the situation, and see what they suggest (their suggestion will very possible involve separating you from some of your cash). But I agree- if you don't try, you'll never know.

Used bikes that aren't Harleys can be purchased reasonably inexpensively.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@iwm - not heard from them yet. The main office is in the South - I'm up North. Rang the instructor this morning to let him know, he said he'd talk to them & get back to me. Ta for the offer - I'll let you know if there's a problem.

@BLZB - not sure where you are but in the UK there are these people who can give advice & help on modifications to controls.

Closed lad accounts x2

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Krona wrote:
...their suggestion will very possible involve separating you from some of your cash...

(Sorry for continually hijacking iMike) Embarassed
Thats basically why I wanted to ask someone who didn't have any interest in taking my cash off me. Laughing
As you say, I can get a relatively inexpensive second-hand one, but the problem is that I had decided everything before my hand went "wrong". I had convinced the wife (most importantly!), did some research and figured out which course and test I would do - intermediate, restricts me to something like 400cc for two years, after that I could ride anything - and even picked out my bike. The Suzuki GSX-R 600. Beautiful bike... I would have needed to have it restricted, but could have lived with it for two years. Unfortunately, I had my heart set on it, and anything else just wouldn't be the same. I know, beggars can't be choosers, but I really want that bike... Mad

Just noticed your post iMike. Thanks for the link - will be looking at it as soon as I have made my post. Very Happy

pony Mortar x24
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

iMike wrote:

I suggest Solpadiene Max, more codeine than regular sopadeine, and no caffeine so it's easier to cold water extract the nasty acetominophen!

starstarstarstar
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@imike. I had a very similar accident to yours, country road, right hand bend, put the wheels on the sh***y gravel and it went from under. The only thing to stosp me was a barbed wire and wooden post fence.
Broke the little bone behind the knee cap on my right leg.
First vehicle to come along was a Ford van, with just enough space to fit a mangled bike and me in.
6 weeks in plaster, and I had to pay the hospital to be seen.

Edit 1 : keyboard having spelling problems

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Solpadiene Max

Currently taking Ibuprofen every 4 hours or so. Solpadiene - that's soluble, right. Does it dissolve in beer? Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Sorry for continually hijacking iMike

@BLZB - no problem.

@slowfreddie - ouch. I was banking right, but ended up on my left side. I think the back wheel clipped a small grass bank on the left as I was straightening up.

Closed lad accounts x2

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@iMike. Cheers for that link! Never realised those sort of modifications existed! I'll have to re-apply for new permission with the wife, which will probably take a lot of convincing now that I'm technically "disabled"...

Then, I'll be off to rob a bank... Laughing

pony Mortar x24
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dilaudid works well, but makes you nauseaous. Then you sleeeeeeeeppp! They don't hand it out like candy either. Naproxen Sodium (US brand name, Aleve) works better for me than IBU, and it's OTC, no script needed.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
bigjoeyt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Several shots of Wild Turkey chased by cold beer will give you short term pain relief, and a good nights sleep. Just don't do it if you have to work the next day.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic