SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Multiple entry visa to Cambodia?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone have any information on acquiring a multiple entry visa to Cambodia? I've tried googling, but I haven't got any wiser on the subject.

I know that a single entry tourist visa costs $20 and a business visa costs $25, but I can't find any information on getting a multiple entry visa.

I've been thinking of travelling from Bangkok (Thailand) through Phnom Penh (Cambodia) to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam). After a few days in "Saigon" I'd be travelling back to Phnom Penh and eventually back to Thailand.
I don't feel like spending $20 for a overland trip to Vietnam and paying another $20 for a few days in Cambodia again, especially if I can get a multiple entry visa for less than $40.

The info I get from google differs a lot from each other, so any first-hand experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Safari George Annan (Accra - Benin City)
Safari Dan (Accra - Lagos)

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."
"Just a thought. Maybe, you can get a well paid Mod job here." -Toomuchfun

Postwhores - gotta love 'em.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Cambodian visa was for a single visit, tho that was back in 1998. I only needed a single entry anyway and my visa was arranged thru business.

Contact your local Cambodian consulate or embassy.

I can't offer any advice on travel within Cambodia, I stayed two weeks in Phnom Penh on business and didn't even get up to Sian Rep (Ankor Wat). We were advised not to travel down to to the port tho (sihanoukeville?), there were reports of cars being stopped and robbed.

However I enjoyed my visit, friendly people I worked with, and if you can pull it off I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit.

I found the signs at bars interesting, "No Guns!". We went to one place which had signs outside saying "No guns, no uniforms, no handgrenades" - I don't know about you but when I'm going out on a Friday night I just don't feel right without a couple of hand grenades on the belt. At one nightclub we were leaving and we saw a guy stopped going in and an automatic pistol taken off him and put in a little box besides the entrance so he could collect it on the way out. Sure was a different culture to what I was used to.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My information is a bit out of date, but my feeling is that it's hard to get a multiple-entry visa to Cambodia unless you know someone there who can send you an official invitation for a business visa.

Part of the reason for this is that most of Cambodia's foreign exchange comes from visas (and airport departure tax, $25!) and suchlike. In any case, it's not going to cost much less than $40 even if you could get one. Make sure you've got plenty of space in your passport, the visa takes up a whole page, and you should have two passport photos with you.

The arrival process is interesting. You hand your passport and photos to one dude, the money to another, and then they all sit there for about 10 minutes until a third dude gives you back the passport. It's all designed to make you think you're getting value for money.

It's a great country - the people are nicer and more laid-back than either the Thais or the VNs, although Phnom Penh can be a bit dodgy at times these days. The coastal towns of Kampot, Kep and Snooky are beautiful, cheap and it is safe to get there.

If you want any more detailed info on CPC or VN, feel free to PM me.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Problem solved - sort of.
I found out that the cheapest visa with multiple entries is a 6 month business visa... and it costs $140!
So, I'm flying to HCMC from Bangkok and I'll travel along Mekong to Cambodia, or then I'll just skip Vietnam totally. If I do that, I will have a good reason to make another trip to the area later Wink

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."

Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you can always call these guys if you are in the US

http://www.embassyofcambodia.org/

From the FAQ:

Q11. How long will the visa be valid for?
A11. Tourist and business visa is valid for one month starting with the date of entry into Cambodia.

4530 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20011
p. 202.726.7742
f. 202.726.8381
[email protected]

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know of SE Asia visa regulations as I never have applied for one, though I've applied for a few Russian visas.

Visa regulations are usually designed to maximise profits and to try and stop you from visiting other countries with your money. As Wright said, tourists are the new cash cows the intention is to direct them into a situation where they part company with large amounts of money. That's why visa regulations are so bloody annoying. They are also designed to make it difficult for some nationalities to visit.

With Russian visas you have to jump through soo many hoops. Reason for visit, letter from a 'sponsor', letter from your employer, the application which must be accopanied by so many photos, a letter from you stating why you are going to the bloody place and why you want to leave before the visa runs out - "No, Russia is a shithole I will be slashing my wrists if I stay there permanently. Also Russia is not the sort of paradise on Earth that I have been dreming about my entire life". The bloody different queques in the consulate for different things. Also, the grumpy door man that needs to have a rocket shoved up his arse - "Listen to me, I want the toilet not the bloody visa queque". Also you need the letter saying that you have booked into an extremely expensive hotel for six months. And on, and on.

Once you get there then, you start the bullshit all over again.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dionysius,
It would appear that you have an axe to grind. Smile
My visits to Russia have been organised very easily (5 days for a visa via the London Embassy); no problems whilst travelling and no problems whilst there.
However, Russians wanting to get visas to visit other countries, especially the UK, have to jump through innumerable hoops.
It's a damn sight easier for a non-Russian to get into Russia than it is for a Russian to get out.

Edit: sorry for this off-topic post in response to the previous one.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm flying to HCMC from Bangkok and I'll travel along Mekong to Cambodia

Er, the Mekong doesn't go anywhere near HCMC, Cool it's a four-hour bus ride away in the Delta. Bus from HCMC to PP is only $8, though, they're only 150km apart.

It's a good idea to do VN first, then track back through Cambodia to relax. As they say: "After going on holiday in Vietnam, you'll be needing a holiday"... Laughing

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know that HCMC wasn't built on the Mekong Wink
The boat trip to PP is a bit more expensive than the bus ride, but I think there's much more to see along the river and it's a much cooler way to travel than being stuffed in a <strike>tincan</strike> bus.

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, I'll be interested to hear your experiences of the boat.

Meanwhile, the best sources for up-to-date information are:

AsiaLife HCMC

and

AsiaLife Phnom Penh

Available free in print at all superior outlets in both cities Wink

contra
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

spend 20 bucks to get into cambodia then spend 20 bucks to reenter. 40 bucks grand total. if u cant live with that u can always apply for different types of visas at a cambodian embassy/consulate.

also make sure ur thailand immigration requirements are fully met. that means that when u enter thailand on the road u may be asked to present outward travel documents. air only no land arrangements. this rule has just recently been enacted. it applies to VOA, VISA EXEMPT, and TOURIST VISA holders.

so depending on your nationality and the type of visa u hold u may be allowed to reenter thailand.

if u need further information PM me.

cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic