SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yorkshire puddings....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a really nice Yorkshire with beef in a pub in Harrogate, Yorkshire, on Sunday. I can confirm that the 'traditional' way of serving them is as a starter with gravy, my Gran always did that.

Quote:
Every country has its unique culinary delights, until McDonalds eventually takes over the world that is.

This would make its own thread, but when I was in Australia last summer I discovered that a 'McOz' was a McDonalds burger with beetroot in it, do other countires have their own burgers?

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to my granny RIP. This recipe also works if you want to cook toad in the hole. Just put some good quality pork sausages in the tray of hot dripping, pour in the batter around them, cook and voila! Fine British cuisine LOL.

Roy - We also used to eat it as dessert with golden syrup and a dollop of cream. Cholesterol? HA!! I laugh at you.

And yes, the Aussies LOVE their beetroot. If you order anything 'Aussie style' you can guarantee it has beetroot. Good thing too. Excellent antioxydants and good for your liver too.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Australians are very much like making love to a beautiful woman...you take them all Down Under and keep them there for as long as humanly possible. Beetroots on the other hand....

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is Yorkshire pudding? You think that since I lived in England for three years of my life I would know. Maybe I was just ignorant?
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you get them to rise properly I would REALLY like to know how. I have been in competetion over the matter with my misses recently, hers rise, mine don't and the bugger won't tell me how she does it!!

I have tried all sorts from whisking for hours before hand to make it nice and fluffy, to measuring out to the exact millilitre of milk and water. Nothing works.

Oh, if your ovens fan assisted it changes things too apparently. But don't ask me how!
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dupes, it is a batter which is then cooked to form (hopefully) light fluffy wonders, which ought to look like this. Traditionally served, as already mentioned, as a starter with gravy, but now commonly dished up with roast beef and all the trimmings. Yum! Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

zombie wrote:
If you get them to rise properly I would REALLY like to know how.

This is secret women's business and if I told you I'd have to kill you afterwards Cool Seriously, hot oven and hot dripping is the trick.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
Roy - We also used to eat it as dessert with golden syrup and a dollop of cream. Cholesterol? HA!! I laugh at you.
My friend from Lincolnshire used to eat them as desert with sugar and raspberry vinegar.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, on the subject of Yorkshire let's talk about parkin. Anyone?? Then perhaps tripe (my sainted mother's fave - raw with a dash of malt vinegar). I guess I was lucky that my grandparents were Yorkshire farmers and knew how to raise and cook good, homegrown food. Grandpa's capons (remember those?) which he 'prepared' the old-fashioned way with a pair of pliars and not with a chemical pill were the BEST chicken I have ever tasted. And the home reared bacon........... Sorry, I get a bit nostalgic for the 'old country' sometimes. Sniff.

zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
My friend from Lincolnshire used to eat them as desert with sugar and raspberry vinegar.

Yea my misses eats 'em cold with sugar and strawberry jam. Heart attack on a plate but apparently tasty.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't like Yorkshire pudding.

Cool Laughing

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably all the psych meds you are taking at the moment Don. They do mess up your taste buds for sure. Peace and Love. Peace and Love.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^He's probably from Lancashire and just jealous of those of us lucky enough to be born in God's own county. Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah...Orkney...home of the fabulous Orkney Fudge!

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
OK, on the subject of Yorkshire let's talk about parkin. Anyone??

Love the stuff. Smile My dad's a Yorkshireman so I have been brought up to revere potted beef, Yorkshire pud, parkin, Wensleydale with my fruit cake, and first-footing. Very Happy

Did you know that Bettys deliver worldwide? Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Then perhaps tripe

Oh my God. Just had a flashback to Grandpa sitting at the table saying "D'ya want a bit o' tripe mi duck? Or trotters....mmmmI love mi trotters" then munching into a bit of pigs foot and stomach all with vinegar.

No wonder I grew up to be not quite right in the head....

Pretty Rose

pony
crossfire
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you mates are making me hungry... Laughing

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
capons

The father of an old school friend of mine had a thing about puns. Every Christmas (and I do mean every), he would go to the butchers -

Dad: Have you got a capon?

Butcher: yes

Dad: well nip & get me a turkey, Batman.

Sorry. Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I learned to make these from my mother when I was growing up in Yorkshire.. The secret she taught me is in the 'plopping sound' the batter makes when it is just right..I make them by eye no need to measure it's all in the wrist..

When we moved to another country (which shall remain nameless) Mum became the Guru of Yorkshires for all my friends' mothers.

I will make them with any meal that involves gravy....

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Fatbastard
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I make my batter in the morning, cover it, and let it sit all day on the counter. The fat must be piping hot as others have mentioned. (It should actually be smoking a bit.)

Just before I am ready to put it in the oven, I shock it with 2 quick blasts of cold water from the tap and whip it with a fork. It gets HUGE!

I usually have it with "fry" - Stewing beef, salt, pepper, onions. liver.

Put the liver in the bottom of the pan, add all the other stuff and cover with water. Bake at 350-400 all day in a covered dish. When ready, discard the liver as it's only for flavour.
Goes great on Yorkshires.

I think you are looking for someone to transfer your aids sickness to,God punish you ther fool,you white beast.i wish you go and die just like your whole family did,ANIMAL. - K. Lewis

i don't want you to help me anymore because you useing my life like a rat ok. - Peee Ubanga

All l need from you now is to clam down your self please. - James Duma
deadaccount
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I print out that recipe about 20 times and scatter the pages throughout the house, maybe my wife will take the hint... Wink

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
it's all in the wrist..

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tomorrow is yorkshire pudding do or die day.

I have decided to go with Gnashers grans recipe (Thanks Gnash Wink ) I mean, if anyone knows, your Gran knows!

Wish me luck!!

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Lordy - the pressure! Keeping my fingers crossed and remember it's not the recipe as much as getting that oven/dripping piping hot that's the trick. Good luck. [gets ready to skip the country]

zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck with the yorkshires tomorrow!!!!

Don't forget to let us all know the outcome!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic