SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Pardon me for asking the question...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mac O'Roon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure this has been asked a few hundred times before, but 15,000+ messages with no obvious search capabilities comes across as a bit daunting.

Here's my question: how is it that after so many years of your documenting the 419 scambaiting, that the lads haven't cottoned to the back-scams? You'd think all it would take was for one unusually bright representative of the community to figure out that they're getting baited and tell the others not to respond to Shiver or the other aliases because it's a waste of time.

Does Nigeria not get Google? Or is it akin to pirates letting each other hang so as to get to the treasure themselves?

Granted, I'm probably smarter than the average bear, but how bright do you have to be to realize you have to make sure your cover hasn't been blown?
Nitroglycerin
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No obvious search? There's one quite close to that big 419 Eater logo...

Back to the question...I'm not sure. My guess is that they get suspicious a lot, but Greed outweighs Common Sense.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're clearly suggesting that Lads are cleverer than fish Shocked

Greed, stupidity, and it is not in Lads interest to share information - so they never learn.

Some Lads are smarter than the average cod, but they are the ones you yearn to meet. I met one once who checked my ip's when I was baiting him as two separate people - bleedin' Eintsein Laughing but he still threatened to beat me up in Paris - DOHHHHHHHHH. As Einstein said, it is all relative.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hold on... How come everyone has Shiver's avatar?

Anyway, in response to the question: The reason that the lads don't cotton on is because they see the promise of money and they want to believe it's real, much like the victims who get scammed again and again. Sure, some will see a sign request and think "he's messing with me, he get get lost", but some will think "Money, money, money".

It's also been discussed (and I've seen evidence of this myself) that a lot of the lads can't grasp the concept of what we do, and why we do it. The only way they can rationalise us using our time to screw with them if we get money out of it, and therefore assume that we're rival scammers trying to steal their jobs.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose another factor is that the Lads probably don't network too much. I doubt that the Nigerian Lads compare notes, and the Ghanaians don't send tips to the Burkinabe... and so on.

Too, if we don't burn the Lads, they won't realise they've been baited, and assume it was just a picky or stupid maga each time.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Mac O'Roon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nitroglycerin wrote:
No obvious search? There's one quite close to that big 419 Eater logo...

Back to the question...I'm not sure. My guess is that they get suspicious a lot, but Greed outweighs Common Sense.

Meh, I was looking in the page itself for an obvious search input box, not up in the title area--which reminded me too much of the site heading itself. Wasn't at all clear to me that it searched the forum contents--but I haven't had much caffeine today.

These things happen.
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Also, we put a pretty small dent in their scamming activities. Perhaps if the majority of people they dealt with were baiters, they would change their plan of attack

"As an idiot who have not see money?Stupify away from me ungodly person." - Nugo

"I dream how we will sit at you at home I will
sit on your knees, you will iron my face, my legs." - Marina

pony Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it would be funny if in internet cafe's the lads posted on the bulletin board names of known baiters to warn their other lad friends. However I somewhat doubt this, as there is no honor among thieves.
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the same reason that people in the west have been falling for 419 scams for decades.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically, time is money for the lads. They probably only have an hour so at the internet cafe to score with their next victim. Consequently, most of them are not going to waste their time Googling this site.

They are all basically lazy thieves in my opinion. All they want is the maximum reward for the minimum of effort. That is their Achilles heel. Long may it continue.

Just my 10c worth.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
back-scams
They are not "back-scams". That would imply we scam them back. We do not scam. We bait. It is called scambaiting or baiting. Why do people need to make up their own names for it when we have perfectly good names already in existence?

Quote:
I'm probably smarter than the average bear

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Out of interest, in my internet searches I did find a reference to this place in a Nigerian forum entry - it's the very bottom entry

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1467.0.html

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They go through those discussions every once in a while. There is always one who claims the maga deserves it and a few who say the scammers are giving Nigeria a bad name. They agree it isn't right. That site is a good source of info on Nigerian concerns.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
maynard_g_krebbs
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't forget, a guy who gets baited doesn't have time to be competition to another scammer.

No way are they going to swap notes, as it leaves the "real suckers" out there to the scammers who find them first.

These are decieteful, greedy, bastards. They will stoop to any level.
Vanndickey
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GeneralAbacha wrote:
For the same reason that people in the west have been falling for 419 scams for decades.

^^ Exactly, as long as there are ignorant victims out there....business is "good"

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the answer to this question must also take into account the type of bait used.
Although I consider trophy baits to be the most enjoyable, they do tend to be the hardest to pull off as the hook has to be either pretty original or the lad has to be one who hasn't been baited too many times before.

Because these baits are easier for experienced lads to sniff out, I also tend to run a few straight baits alongside. And these are the baits that normally work. You have to remember that when you run a straight bait, you are generally trying to act like a genuine victim and therefore, the lad doesn't really have much reason to think that something is up. Google really won't help him unless the baiter veers away from the straight bait and tries a different direction.

So although a lot of lads may be wary of "Church baits", "Charity baits" or whatever, they have no way of knowing that they are being hit with a straight bait. And in my opinion, it is the straight bait that hooks the majority of lads and is the most successful. They may not be as spectacular as some of the more outlandish schemes you see on this site, but you can be pretty sure that they take up the vast majority of the lads' time as a whole.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic