SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Go see Grindhouse!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Master Shake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got back from seeing Grindhouse with my brother...

Let me preface this review by saying the last movie I saw with my brother was 1986's Aliens. The interesting thing is that Michael Biehn was in Aliens. He was also in Grindhouse. I htought that was interesting.

Anyway, the first segment, Planet Terror was a hoot. It was non-stop fun fun fun from start to finish. My only complaint about this bit was the chick didnt get the machine gun leg till near the very end. Lotsa gore,and lotsa nudity. What more could one ask for?

As far as Death Proof, Quentin's part of this extravaganza... My brother made the comment that the dialog was like 'watching the view without Star Jones". While I agree it was too talky in the first half, the action totally ramped up in the second half. Kurt Russell was extremely creepy as "Stuntman Mike". Plus, the fact that one of the leads in Death Proof was also a professional stuntwoman made it that much more authentic. Damn fun. The ending was kick ass as well (Pun intended)

As far as the trailers go...

Before the film, there was a trailer for a fake film "Machete" about a peaceful Mexican who gets involved in a plot to assassinate a congressman, but ends up getting double crossed. This is a movie I hope they make for Grindhouse 2. It was damn awesome. Also Cheech Marin was in the trailer as a vigilante priest...

Next trailer... "Werewomen of the S.S.", Rob Zombie's entry in the fake trailers was ho-hum, with the exception of Nicholas Cage as FuManchu. That bit was off the wall hilarious. Still, this was the weakest of the bunch.

Then there was a trailer for a Mexican Restaurant next to the theater. The funny thing about that was that in Death Proof, early on, the women were seen drinking from cups from the restaurant. I bust a gut laughing!

The next trailer was from the Shaun of the Dead creators called "DON'T!"
"Don't go in this house.... DON'T Open this door... DON'T Go in the basement!" Oh man this was a laugh riot!

The final trailer, and my favorite, was for Eli Roth, and for his holiday slasher flick "Thanksgiving" THis bit was incredibly gory, but still a lot of fun! The end, with the roasted chick, filled with stuffing... Oh man.. "White meat, dark meat. It doesn't matter. ALL WILL BE CARVED!"

As for presentation, Both Quentin and Rodriguez nailed the feel of the grindhouse / drive in culture of the 60's and 70's (I must say that Rodriguez nailed it better). Adding the scratches and blemishes of well-worn film was a stroke of genius. In fact, before the film, the theater made an announcement stating "Yes, the movies are supposed to look like that!"

I have never EVER had this much fun at a movie in my life. I HIGHLY recommend seeing it.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We dont get it in the UK till June Crying or Very sad

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Master Shake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then count the days until its release! ITs IMHO that entertaining.

I heard that in some countries, where the double feature wasn't a staple of the local culture, they're releasing Grindhouse as two films. Shame they're doing this, but understandable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic