SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

scambaiting websites

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am considering setting up a few generic websites with generic names offering scammers some unique offers. Things such as a website for exporting electronics to 3rd world countries etc. These could be used in a few scambait's to add some credibility to your bait's.

Having extremely enjoyed the YMCA scam, things such as a music industry website with your set logo's could be used. (Just an example of what I could do)

The reason I am thinking of doing this is at the mo' I am working away from home (living in a guest house) and getting EXTREMELY board on the evening. This coupled with the fact I have to set a web based server up this month anyway brought me to the idea.

If it's a crap idea, let me know and then I won't bother persuing it, but if anyone can think up some good ways to use plenty of webspace and a few generic domain names let me know.

Z
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Zombie!!

Welcome and happy Eater!!! Laughing

I need all the help I can get so anything like that, for me, would be fab!! Someone else I'm sure, will be along to give some decent advice!!

Pretty Rose

pony
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there 'it wasnt me'

I am hopefully gonna put together a rough example tonight and post it online so people have a better idea what can be done or what to expect.

Thanks for the warm welcome too!! Very Happy
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the eater zombie, sounds like a good idea to me. Scam Patroler operates a similar setup but he seems to be totally snowed under at the moment so having someone else on board would be great. Thanks for helping out.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shipping companies seem to be a great way to spark safaris.

I don't know what your toolbox is like, but it would be great to have a shipping site where baiters could set up and update their own package info that mugu's could check with a tracking number. Not sure how deep you can go, but it would also be nice to be able to send confirmation emails from the domain. Even if they are "no-reply".

That would probably lighten SP's load quite a bit. Smile

Whatever you end up doing, thanks for your generous offer!
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rodus and Luckey,

I may as well do something other than going to the pub everynight when away from home Very Happy

As far as what you mentioned luckey - doing shipping labels, tracking, emails from domain (auto and manual) etc is all relatively easy to do. User login/account management should also be possible although I haven't actually done anything in that area really. I will concentrate on this idea first.

Any ideas for a global shipping industry company name that will not be taken too seriously by normal users finding the site would be welcome.

Z
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure if you need to worry about normal users finding the site, as long as there is no way to order anything. For my money, the straighter the site can be, the more damage it will do.

Baiter access could be at a "sub-url" (am I making up terms here?) like www.fakeshipping.com/baiter
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
...at a "sub-url" (am I making up terms here?) like www.fakeshipping.com/baiter
Close. Folder = Sub-directory.

If you do then in your robots.txt file use an Exclude statement for /whateve_you_named_the_Folder_or_Sub-directory/ or in each page try a META tag for for NO-INDEX, NO-FOLLOW.

That way at least the "honest" search engines like google and such aren't supposed to include it in their listings.

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am onto it now... will make the baiter section invite only (from pm here) and then it won't be mis-found. I am going to upload a tester onto a friends domain in about 90 mins if any one wants to have a look. It will only be the basics but should be a good place as any to start.

Z
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm useless with programing etc if you haven't deduced already, but I'm handy with graphics and photoshop. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ah, thats great news luckey, coz I am handy with programming and crap with photoshop Laughing so any graphics you want to contribute would be appreciated. I have a test platform on a friends domain. It's hosted by UK2 so is quite often more down than up but until I get my server online it will do.

Hope this is what you meant by the way. The ability to edit the details is not yet available but creating new ones is.

http://www.guaranteedmobile.co.uk/419-shipping/index.html

for the main page

try going to check tracking number and use "2" as the tracking code. This is a quick example I threw in.

http://www.guaranteedmobile.co.uk/419-shipping/spoof-track.php will allow you to create your own.

The gfx are something I had laying around and will change over the next week (when I am at work and can put more time into it) but basically the site will allow the scamb@iter to make it appear like the package is on it's way via our spoof company, then have things go wrong, such as re-direction (perfect for safari's) lost, stolen, lost at sea Very Happy , or any other possible problems packages going to west africa might receive.

Again, any additions, ideas will e gratefully received.

Let me know what you all think anyway.

Z
Lineaal
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also had this very same idea and opened a similar topic in another subforum here. I lack the programming skills you have and my original plan had me do it all by hand (create the order pages, create the tracking pages, etcetera) and manually editing it if the status of the order/shipment changed. You already have a working back end I see.

I could quit my own project of making a website and help you create a whole batch of these store fronts / courier companies if you like. I've got decent photoshop skills and can design store fronts or websites for courier companies as much as you want.

The back end for baiters you now have (creating tracking pages) could be adapted for store orders. Baiter's could place an order for any product and can change the status of the order ; order placed, awaiting payment - payment received - order picked - order packed - order shipped with "name-of-your-courier-company". Lad could check the order and later on in the process he could check the shipment.

Of course things can go wrong in the store
- wrong articles picked
- goods damaged
- order confirmation failed

I don't know if you can make the following. Can tracking numbers be created random, like "ad23kr89ff23458mcj2384dn20mc84mc298" and then disallow copy pasting in the form where lads have to enter the tracking number? (not where baiters can enter it!). Should keep them busy for a while reading carefully and possible entering lots of wrong numbers.

Last edited by Lineaal on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Othello
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm abit useless with website programming and only moderately fluent in Java so I can't be much help, but let me just say that this is awesome and I can't wait until its finished Very Happy

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? IN A SICK BED YOUR PASTOR IS GIVEN A SICK WOMAN CONDITION! A WOMAN THAT JUST HAVE THREE MOUTH TO LIVE?"

"JUST SEND THE FEES VIA WESTERN UNION LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON OR FORGET ABOUT YOUR WINNINGS YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH"

Cellphone x15
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jump_4_joy jump_4_joy Woohoo!!! jump_4_joy jump_4_joy

I love it!! Do you think your company would be up and ready by Tuesday? I've got a nice little package that needs URGENT non delivery!

Pretty Rose

pony
luckey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@zombie: I PM'd you a banner sketch.

@it wasn't me: If nothing's up by Tuesday, I can ship your package. No phone or web site, but I can send you a form and give your lad a little (very bad) customer support if anything should go wrong.

Edit: A random thought;

A lot of the big shipping sites start with a �choose your location� pull down. That could be fun. Countries that are on the terrorism watch list (all of them) could require a security questionnaire before bringing up the tracking page. Not thousands of questions, but just enough to make it a hassle to get in. Or maybe baiters could specify how many questions.
maynard_g_krebbs
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That site looks great. I can't wait to see a company name up there. Looks awesome.
Fredd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just in case no one mentioned it - make sure there is no way the site / server can be traced to you or your friend...

By your atitude, you're frustrating my future and my life.
Lineaal
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You've got another banner in your PM box. Let's make a bunch of these websites Twisted Evil

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As I mention to Lineal in his thread - one thing that would save you time and effort would be if you had a drop down menu for selecting the destination of these goods and everything would look okay once the submit button is pressed.

However, maybe put in a couple of days delay on sending out the e-mail confirmation of the order to the scammer, and have it automatically change the destination. That way you don't have to manually intervene, it automatically does the job for you. Say Lagos = Accra and so on - putting in the airport names for a bit of authenticity.

This may be too much at this early stage, but perhaps baiters could hand out user numbers to Lads, and using access numbers is the only way a person can access the site (also covers accidental usage) and the access number specifies what type of accident will happen - misrouting of goods or destruction of goods in transit.

My apologies if my ideas make things more complex - but such a site will be a massive benefit to baiters. Stock up on caffeine Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I didn't think the response would be this fast or good Very Happy but not complaining about the great input.

@it wasn't me: I go back to work tuesday morning and wasn't planning on doing much until then. But judging by the great response I am sure I can have something working that will fool most people. So yes, tuesday is realistic.

@Lineal: I am going to use a random number generator for the tracker, then md5 it, just to make it extremely long and complex and allow the baiter to maybe get it wrong a few times. Very Happy

@GomerPyle: Unfortunately the site this is currently on is simply webspace so the scheduling of tasks to mix things up isn't possible, however, when the server is ready this will be easily achieveable. And trust me, everything that can go wrong will - but the more ideas the merrier Very HappyVery Happy

@Fredd: Thanks for the concern... the current webspace is traceable to a mate, but the server will only be traceable to the UK MOD. The lads can mess with them if they want but I would advise against it Very Happy

Thanks to Luckey and Lineal for the banners, I ain't had chance to look at them yet but am sure they will be great. Unfortunately as I am away through the week I have to go shopping today Evil or Very Mad which will probably stop me for a few hours.

As for the help with coding and everything else this would be greatly appreciated. I will get the basics finished and then we can see where to best utilize everyone's skillset.
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

me myself am also a Graphic Designer, mainly business graphics not html, but me myself can certainly help with logos etc - just send me a scan of any ideas you have and me myself can have a go!

me myself love the idea a lot, look up Scroode McD's V3risec if you need some ideas... or some help - he's done a great job.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
Lineaal
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
This may be too much at this early stage, but perhaps baiters could hand out user numbers to Lads, and using access numbers is the only way a person can access the site (also covers accidental usage) and the access number specifies what type of accident will happen - misrouting of goods or destruction of goods in transit.

Just use the same md5 hash. If the baiter logs in he can set some variables to happen (accidents, misrouting, destruction) and if the lad logs in with the same code he can only look at the status of the goods.

I'll see if I can create some more graphics for electronics stores, computer stores, different courier companies.

luckey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another random idea, shipping could be used as a payment modality. If WU or Moneygram won't work for some reason, this company could be allowed to ship CASH. All that would be needed to pull that off is a statement on the site about how they can ship cash because they are headquartered in blah blah, are using secure whatever protocols and blah blah.

Also, if pure tracking isn�t enough of a motivator to bring lads to the site, they could get access codes that must be used to have a �pick-up authorization form� printed. Then they would have to provide a little info to complete the process, and that could further justify why cash can be sent.
Oxymoreon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What an awsome tool, I cant wait to use it!
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shipping cash sounds fine,... as long as the receipient filled in all the relevent paperwork PRIOR to the release and took it along to their local sorting office... even though it won't be there and will actually be at least 500 miles away in a different sorting office, making them have to re-try at the other branch Wink .. but oh, crap... the dog ate it Laughing

All sounds too fun to work... lets hope we get lucky!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic