SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thanks to 419 Eater

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RedGadge
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody hear about the SMG scam by some group posing as a professional adviser "Carlton Hedges"?

http://www.smg.plc.uk/content/default.asp?page=s5_20

My sister on behalf of a friend emailed me to ask the best way to avoid capital gains tax. Fuctifiknow but I asked how on earth could his shares leap so much. Then it transpired an adviser rang the friend about a possible takeover of SMG (Scottish Media Group) and all he had to do to cash in was put some money in a "bond" account. Thanks to what I have learned here I immediately smelled a rat & told her it was almost certainly a scam. She said the guy doesn't have much money but had somehow got together nearly �3,000 and had sent it off to Hong Kong. *groan*. I said well unfortunately he has even less money now but tell him to get onto the bank immediately. He may be lucky.

last Monday he contacted the bank to try to stop the transfer.

He has just found out that he was in the nick of time and will get it all back. Razz

Keep up the good work, chaps!

(")_(")~

you never sent any money ,as i went to western union moneytransfer office,and their was no transaction
of that nature. You lied to me rev. You claimed to be a man of God,but you dont keep your promise.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like Carlton Hedges needs trimming down to size.

Have you passed on any bank details to [email protected]?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the exact reason I like to play this game. Well done you for spotting the scam!! clapping clapping clapping clapping clapping

The other game I like to play, involves vodka and a whip... Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

slowfreddie wrote:
... Have you passed on any bank details to [email protected]?
With aa419 currently being down, why not post the to the http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23 and someone there will make sure it gets both ( worked on and into the database )

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
RedGadge
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The UK Fraud Squad are now involved and have already had the scammers' account frozen.

(")_(")~

you never sent any money ,as i went to western union moneytransfer office,and their was no transaction
of that nature. You lied to me rev. You claimed to be a man of God,but you dont keep your promise.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Justjay, real bank info should not be posted in the fake bank forum; it'll get very confusing. Smile

If aa419 is not available, PM a mod instead.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic