SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this typical Lad Language?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi baiterfriends,

Though my spoken English is pretty much a native level of American English, I'm always surprised of finding out that I really don't know that much of English when I open my sincere lad letters...

Is: "compliment of the day (to you)" just typical laddish?
and.. sorry to ask, but whats a "next of kin" and what does "greedy" mean?

Thankssssssss
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"compliments of the day (week, month)" is a typical way to kiss a** of the lads.
"next of kin" means relatives, family.
and "greedy"? check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greedy
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[pedantic]

Next of kin: your nearest relative. The person who will inherit if you die.

This is a commonly used phrase, but the language is archaic. "Kin" means family but is very rarely used. "Next of" is not a construction that would be used in modern English.

[/pedantic]

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
[pedantic]... "Kin" means family but is very rarely used. "Next of" is not a construction that would be used in modern English.
[/pedantic]

Oh no, I live in a backwoods non-modern part of US! Very Happy
Archaic sounds so much,,,,umh,,, ?interesting.

Actually, "next of kin" in this (central us) little town/country setting, is pretty much routine when dealing with legal matters involving money, death, and the like. As is kinfolk and some other words

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Jayne Cobb
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't feel bad, justjay, I'm from the sticks where "next of kin" and "kinfolk(s)" are an everyday part of the vernacular. So are a lot of combinations of words, my most commonly used is "hang on a minute" which I'm bad to say really fast, and it's one single word, and like two syllables at best. Very Happy

"please Rev.J@m3s Ch@ng@, i got the informations you sent to me, it guite ok, the church i attend here is a batist church and am a bastis per say , Rev.J@m3s Ch@ng@, please be praying for me, and i will also." ~ "Minister. K0fi B@l@ Ad@mu"
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
my most commonly used is "hang on a minute" which I'm bad to say really fast, and it's one single word, and like two syllables at best.

If you come from the little backwater village I was brung up in, this is pronounced " Justamo"

Also, instead of "Please give that to me" We say "Gizit."

I had a gud ejucashun I did.

Pretty Rose

pony
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the US, phrases like " Top of the day to you, sir" and "Greetings, Madam" are used by the older people, generally upper crust, it seems to come from earlier generations, and it is even perceived as a British colloquial. Think "Frasier Crane". Other than elderly, it would be used by someone trying to impress someone, usually with rapport-breaking results. For instance, if a man in his 20s said "Top of the day to you, madam" to a hot chick in her 20s, she would instantly classify him as a "loser" or "clueless". So if a socially skilled person were to read that opener, their radar would instantly be put on alert.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Herb Sewell wrote:
....For instance, if a man in his 20s said "Top of the day to you, madam" to a hot chick in her 20s, she would instantly classify him as a "loser" or "clueless"..

Now I know where I'm going wrong. It's either that, or my opening line of "Seasons Greetings" in the middle of June. Shocked I usually save "Cavalry Greetings" for the second date. Never had to use it yet though.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many thanks to all of you.... Now I'm understanding things much better. It's just that those lads out there have.. .....a special way of communicating! Laughing

Thanks again!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic