SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Noob needs advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SpaceBob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife got this email from a scammer and we want to pull her chain. We responded to her email once and now she wants some personal info. What should we do now to fix this creep's wagon? I don't have her original letter but below is her responce:

Quote:
Dearest,

I got your mail and was very happy for immediate response, may the almighty God guide you and protect you as you have decided to glorify and help in building God's temple and help the poor like widows, and one thing I will like you to now is that who so ever believe in the name of Lord shall be saved, and also the bible made us to know that blessed is he who consider the poor, so you should believe that with God all things are possible
I will like you to assure me that you will use this money as I have said in my first letter to you and not to disappoint me covenant with God.

My good one, base on your response I fill so happy for your desire to help. Well as you can see that my condition will not permit me to go to the out from the hospital, I can not go to the bank to present you as my inheritance because my condition is getting worst that I don't think that I will survive or stay long, so because of that i want you to send me below details so that i will contact my attorney immediately to present you to him so that he will present you to the ESCSSS FINANCIAL COMPANY where the fund is been lodged,for them release the fund to you for the project as i have said to you.

My good one I want you to send all your contact information so that my attorney can talk with you.
Full Name:
Home address:
Nationally:
Tel number

Send to me so that I will forward it to my attorney so that he will help us in making issue that you get the fund immediately or if you can come to by your self, I will be happy but if you can not make it.

May the almighty God guide you and your family? And I include here my recent picture to you for you to know that.
Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Remain blessed.
Mrs. Luisa Harvey
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, welcome to eater. Now the April 1st madness has calmed down we can get back to work Smile

Do not bait the scammer from your personal email account. These people are dangerous criminals, and although most of them are a long way away, you do not want to risk them knowing someone close to you. Added to which, at least in the USA, all they need is a name and address to steal your identity.

Open a new account at Googlemail, hushmail or fastmail.fm with totally false information. Then respond to their original email as if you just received it. (Just send an email saying that you're interested.) When they send you the email that you posted, just make up all the information you send to them. You should make sure that the address you give them does not actually exist, and is a long way from where you really are.

Read the stickies, they will tell you about other things, such as how to get a free telephone number for the scammer to call that cannot be traced to you.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make up some ficticious personal details of course! Very Happy (Make sure, however, that there is nothing to track your wife's email to your real identities, eg a real surname or something).

Mods, maybe this thread would be better placed in the Scambaiting Helps & Tips forum. Very Happy

Edit: Thud beat me by a minute!

SpaceBob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice. I see now that I could have gotten these answers myself here and there on this site. I was hoping for a quicker way to deal with this person and probably will not go through the work of creating another identity. My wife is Columbian. She would prefer to take care of this the way they do where she comes from but of course that is not an option.
Thanks again,
Bob
SpaceBob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just visited the trophy room. I must say I was incredibly impressed! I only read one thread - Abraham Nelson and The Church of Bread and Wine - but I loved it. It was creative and very entertaining. I had no idea this was going on in such great numbers.
So, is that PAYPAL request at the end legit? If so I will send a small donation to help the cause.
Keep up the good work,
Bob
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bob, welcome to Eater. Yes, you can trust THAT paypal icon Laughing The money will go towards maintaining the site.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic