SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Knowing Your Lads (Nigeria 101?)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lady Kat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any marketing major will tell you that you have to properly know your audience in order to reach it effectively. 419 scammers avoid this by shooting off so many emails, it's bound to reach SOMEONE who will be duped and reply.

After reading this forum, it seems to me that this same sort of formula is followed by us baiters, and that the rate of success of keeping a bait going and going to the point of trophys or whatever is somewhat low. Basically, we seem to be shooting in the dark, and hoping that their greed will be enough to draw them to us.

Well, I hope to turn on the light. Idea

I think what is needed to increase this rate of success is a better understanding of the typical 419 scammer. And since most of them seem to come from Nigeria, I think we ought to understand them first.

Sure they're greedy, and they seem to be mostly young males with basic english skills, but other than that, what do we really know about them?

So, ask your lads- What sort of food do they like? Music? Any favorite games? Hobbies (other than scamming)? Do they wear boxers or briefs? Are their parents living or dead? Do they have any brothers or sisters? Ect. Then post their answers here.

I think we just might find a sort of common thread of likes and dislikes and maybe even background among scammers- and then we can use that knowledge to better tailor our counter-scams, and see if we can increase the rate of biters.

After all, we are smarter than they are. I think that if we put our brains to this and take a semi-scientific approach, we just might beat them at their own game.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lady Kat wrote:
So, ask your lads- Do they wear boxers or briefs?

Q: Do they wear boxers or briefs
A: Trunkboxers

Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They wear boxers. Wink

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An interesting idea Lady K, however the problem is that lads lie about everything. They even lie about lying. Rarely some insight is given, but most of what we know about Lads is from how they operate and how they communicate.

To be honest I prefer it like that, then you have to use your wits in a 'cat and mouse game' probing to discover more about them, but knowing most facts are pure 'hocus pocus'.

Baiting is more a skill or art form than a science, and that's why I enjoy it. Certainly if any marketing expertise you have gives you certain intuitive insights into their needs and interests it will be of value, but I think most baiters know where their interest lies.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
...So, ask your lads- What sort of food do they like? Music? Any favorite games? Hobbies (other than scamming)? Do they wear boxers or briefs? Are their parents living or dead...

One difficulty here is that you probably won't get honest answers. They are pretending to be heirs, barristers, bankers, etc. and they will choose answers that they think will strengthen their story.

Personally, I have not had much difficulty getting responses. The straighter I play it, the more hits I get. Keeping them on board is another story. I find it difficult to interest them in any dialog that doesn't revolve around sending money.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mine wears Bridget Jones panties

Other than that, everything they say can be treated as a lie.

Rice and meat seems to be a common dish. They never say WHAT meat though Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But on the other hand...

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106507
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure if it has come up before, but this article called "Voices of Lagos" is an interesting and sometimes heartbreaking look at life there. Sample:

Quote:
Tina, prostitute and trained sex adviser
I came here two years ago from Edo state to get money. I had just left school. In the rural areas, it is very hard to make money. I would like to be an accountant. I don't enjoy this work. There are about 50 women here at the New Bendel Hotel. The men say they don't want to wear condoms . They need persuasion. The policy now is that everyone uses one. The men are beginning to understand. I tell them about HIV/Aids. They offer me money for not using one. I say no, only with condoms. We buy them from a nearby shop. The good thing is that the police harassment has now stopped. They now know that we are trained facilitators. No, I do not enjoy it here. I will not tell you how much rent we pay, nor will I let you take my photograph. If I had the money I would go back home. But I have nothing.

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have tried on numerous occasions to "get into the mind" of these lads.

I've even managed to keep 'penpal friendships' going for a well over a year. But ultimately, they will tell you what they think that you want to hear.

A typical convo, with a mugu that I had been in contact with for 8 months.

ME: What sort of music do you like?
Mugu: I like all music.
ME: Such as..?
Mugu: All types.
ME: Do you like Jazz?
Mugu: Yes.
ME: Who are you favourite artists?
Mugu: All of them.
ME: Do you like classical?
ME: Who are you favourite composers?
Mugu: All of them.

Mugu: Who are your favourite bands?
ME: Worzel Gummidge & The Shitkickers
Mugu: Yeah, me too, they are great.
ME: Are you just saying that to please me?

Well you get the picture.......Rolling Eyes

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are countless stories of lads scamming or trying to scam genuine acquaintances, even "friends". There was a recent article in the New Yorker about a reporter who traveled to Lagos to try to get a hand on its underground economy, and how such an impoverished city can function at all. He had friends over there and was introduced to associates of his friends. One lad, after days of showing the reporter around, casually mentioned his access to a hidden sum of money belonging to a dead general and that he could really use a Westerner's help in getting the money out of Nigeria. The reporter smiled and said he knew it was a scam -- the lad told him he had to try for if he didn't, his friends would have belittled him for letting the chance slip by.

All you need to understand is that they are greedy. You don't need to know why -- whine all you want about colonialism, multi-national corporations, and disease -- they're all valid points -- but they don't give anyone the excuse to rob people blind.

There's always room for a better mousetrap in catching the lads out, but to suggest that the people here don't know what they're doing is silly. "Understand" the lads (African or otherwise) all you want, but it is like trying to grasp how deep is the ocean -- you can probably measure it, but what good will it do you -- it will crush you after a few hundred feet anyway.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Lady Kat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh. I'm going to put together a questionaire and give it a go anyway. I think that if I offer to pay up for each survey filled out I might be able to gather info AND play stick and carrot at the same time. Twisted Evil
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're doing it to waste the lads' time and possibly glean some relevant information -- then that's a goal worth striving for. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I see it is, the more you know about them, the better equipped you are to push their buttons and really piss them off. A frustrated lad is fine, but an angry lad is divine.

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

Buck Turgidson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting concept, market reseach on the lads Laughing

Still more lad hours used up in the Cyber Cafe gets my vote Wink

DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD BRING SOME MONEY SO THAT HE CAN WASH HER WOMB VERY WELL- Rev Joe

I believe that this was done by some imposters or herkers who manipulate mails through the internet. Rev Joe

THANK YOU TO BAYTERZ ALL AROUND THE WORLD, YOUR WORK IS APPRICIATED (joe yet again)
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I trust my mugus 100 % they never lie to me Laughing I lie to them Cool

Welcome to the eater Laughing

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And of course the two most important questions
1) why do birds suddenly appear, every time, you are near?
2) Wilma or Betty? Samantha or Jeanie? Ginger or Mary Ann?

I know; it is sort of 3 questions in one but they on the same topic and you have to know all three to make an accurate personality profile.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"

Last edited by DrWho on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@DrWho

You forgot Kylie or Danni??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or for the lad in the closet
1) Who put the ram in the ram-a-lama-ding-dong?
2) Fred or Barney? Roger or Tony? Professor or Gilligan?

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
luckey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I�d love to see a baiter feedback questionnaire.
(I think it might go something like this�)

1. Are you more likely to be deceived by a male character or a female character?

2. Rank the following organizations from most convincing to least convincing:
___ Church
___ Charity
___ Art Scholarship Foundation
___ Film Company
___ Wrestling Federation

3. How many trips to Western Union will you typically make before you twig? _____

4. Which of the following best describes your photo-editing skills?
-A. I couldn�t 'chop my way out of a paper bag.
-B. I have used photo editing software, but everything I do looks like butt.
-C. I can fool some of the people some of the time.
-D. I�m a Photoshopin, dolla-choppin mastah.

5. Have you ever been tattooed?_____

6. If yes, how many times? _____

7. If your answer to question 6 was more than two, did it make you give up scamming?___

8. How many security questions will you answer for $500 USD?______

9. If the first response to your catcher email is more than 1000 words, will you�
-A. Delete the response without reading it?
-B. Skim it and send the second script just in case?
-C. Tattoo a phallic insignia on my head and take a picture of myself holding a sign that says �I�m an idiot with a dickon myhead�.

10. etc.

Edit: fixed many spelling mistakes. It's late.
cornetto
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All lads are curious, nosy even! They love anything thats shrouded in mystery which is a good way to get them under control. Hint that you know of a secret that you might want to share with them and they are eating out of your hand. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic