SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New to the game

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MuguRuiner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this post finds you in good health?

I signed a bunch of guestbooks last night and sure enough I received a plethora of emails inviting me to receive millions. I sent out replies immediately to 4 people using the same basic template and persona.

Is it possible these people work together and might pick up on my scheme? Any further tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Morgus The Magnificent
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome.

You will be told to read the stickies...so prepare for that! Smile

As far as them being in cahoots, it is very unlikley. They are only in it for themselves and do not like to share information or tips (at lease not for free! Wink )
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads work in groups like organised gangs... most are loners.

Welcome!

If you need help, please sign up for a mentor in the Help Forum.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
MuguRuiner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your help! I've been on this site non-stop since I discovered it 3 days ago. I'm hooked. What a great thing this is where you can do a public service and have a ball at the same time.

I also realize I should have posted this in the newbie forum.

One more Q, I said that I need a picture with a password in the very first email. I followed Shiver's basic formula I think so I should be ok, but did I ask too early?

Happy baiting!
hugh_ben_pond
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

being theres at least a 1/4 million internet scammers out there its less likely you'll mix up 2 working in a similar place I imagine...but you never know, anyways, there'll be a lot to pick up from trying and just be careful
~~its nice meeting you

"Shes a scaaaaam baiter, makes them work hard, makes them want more, more of her dough" (to Nelly Furtado's ManEater)

"Stopping scams one scum at a time" (me)

"i can not call or resive call from anybody becouse my breen is bad I can holy reith emails you can see my fotos attache" (idiot)
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You probably asked too early. The lads, although they, for the most part, don't operate as part of a larger syndicate, are growing wise to the immediate demand for a photo bit. Honestly, you're better off "baiting straight" for a while to get used to the lads' modalities before venturing off into trophy hunting. Ask for their ID or letters of introduction at the start, since lads have those templates at the ready. But shy away from the complicated stuff until you have a lad firmly on the hook and ready to do whatever he has to do to close the deal.

Most importantly, be patient. Never be afraid to walk away from the lad. There are plenty more out there and most will come crawling back to you. They get very few live victims per round of emails sent, so you are a valuable commodity to them.

Have fun and bait safe!

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first email is waaaay to early to ask for a photo/password. Your best bet is to find the mentor thread in the baiting help forum and ask for a mentor.

Good job on taking the initiative, though.

Try to imagine what a real victim would write back in response to one of these initial scam letters, and make your response match that. Something more along the lines of "How'd you get my name, is this risk free" goes further than "Hi! Send me a photo with a fish on your head!" until you get a bit more experience under your belt.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing that I do always suspect, is that an individual mugu, will send 2 or 3 different scam modalities from different Email addresses, to the same potential victims.

I have noticed that when my catcher account gets a glut of incoming, I may have a batch of Emails sent on the same date, where the senders name only differs slightly, and upon checking the IP....
Its been sent from the same source. Wink

So for that reason, I only reply to one Email per day.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
MuguRuiner
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From the office of:
Steven M. Bajewski
CEO
S.P.R.O. Financial International

Good day Thandi,

Thank you for your email. Since you contacted me you probably already know who I am, but I will introduce myself anyway. I am the CEO of a large and profitable financial holding company (S.P.R.O Financial International) who specializes in investments like these.

I have built up a reputation as an honorable businessman who only deals with people of good ethic and moral standing. I know all of my clients quite well and I take pride in using my capital to help my friends. I must say you sound like an upstanding gentleman so you have already passed the first test in my mind.

However, I never deal with anonymous individuals through the internet unless I can somehow know they are a real person. Last month I was contacted via email by a person proposing a similar deal, but they refused to provide me with proof of identity so unfortunately I had to call the deal off in its first stages.

If you can provide me with some proof of identity then we can begin to hammer out some details for what could be a long-lasting and positive business partnership. My preferred method of proof is a picture of yourself holding up a sign that has a password so I know for certain you are a real person conducting real business.

If this doesn't sound like too much to ask then please write me back and we can agree on a suitable password. Also, if we are about to do business that involves millions of dollars, it is only right that I know who I am dealing with and feel that I can trust them. If it is too much to ask then I will have to politely decline and wish you luck in finding another suitor.

Anxiously awaiting your response,

Steven M. Bajewski
CEO
S.P.R.O. Financial International

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the help guys, I think I may ask for a mentor. This whole baiting thing just amazed me I had to get into it as soon as possible.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Muguruiner- I agree with what was said before- your first reply should NOT ask for a photo. Keep it short and sweet "Tell me more. I am interested". It probably won't be read anyway!

Later, when you do ask for a photo, ask for a photo of your new friend holding todays paper in (insert place name here) to prove he is there. This will prevent him from pawning some stolen ID off on you, or some picture of John Q. Public downloaded from the internet.

Straight baiting is easier, and is the best way to go with your first few.

Ask lots of questions to get him off script. Remember - you are dense!

Also, when he inevitably asks for ID, DONT SEND IT. There are a host of excuses (search this board using the "search" feature at the top, and look for the words ID and excuses). Any ID you send him, no matter how dumb looking, could be recycled and used again by the mugu.

Look into a K7 or skype phone account to talk to your new friends (search this board for further details)

Good luck!
Bruin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic