SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need help...is he for real?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Text Dead
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@flyakite, I'm glad that you've finaly dumped this scammer now Smile Saves you returning here at a later date with a much harsher tale to tell.

flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am soooo glad he is out of my life! I can't imagine that there are people out there with such evil souls! You guys have been great and I look forward to someone baiting him real good!
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi flyakite123,

As a victim of a romance scam myself, I am happy that you found this site and support for getting rid of this scum. Romance scammers are professional at what they do. They know how to go for our hearts and bypass our brains. I fell victim to an organized group run by a man named Oscar who had operatives in Nigeria, England and the United States.

Unfortunately I cashed out the money orders but not at my own bank which brought in the law. In order not to be arrested I co-operated with the law enforcement agencies to try and trap my scammer. We were successful in extracting some valuable information. However, it ruined my life. I had to declare bankruptcy and give up my house. I learned more about the scamming industry then I ever wanted to know but now I am one the wiser.

My red flags probably would have gone up if my scammer had had an African accent when we spoke on the phone. However, it was after the scam that I found out he had studied theatre arts at a polytechnic school and knew how to change his accent. Trust me they were very professional and if our calculations are correct they are raking in $30,000.00 a week in their operation.

It will take time to get over your experience. The best thing you can do is talk about it to family, friends and anyone who will listen. Some will judge you harshly but others will be supportive. At some point you will forgive yourself and find the peace, love and happiness you seek.

I am glad you found this site.....and I am here if you need someone to chat with offline.....

Peace

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Chibuike,

Thanks for sharing your story and being thoughtful. I feel for you especially when you spoke about losing your home, something that you worked so hard to get. Like everyone else has said in their posting, these people are wicked and will drain one out of everything they owe and worked hard for without a trace of guilt. So unhuman of them.
As for me, I have moved on. Raymond almost fooled me, but he failed as far as I can see. Yes, I am glad that I have found this forum and was able to get the support for everyone on letting go of something that was not real. I thank God, that I did not lose my home, car or any form of money from this thug. It didnt take long for me to say that I miss him, because right now, I could not care less. Oh...I am going to post for all to see his last IM to me when it was completely over and the forum was so upset that I was still in contact with him. Rest assure, i am not in contact with him, nor do I wish to even try to find him...but check out his drama exit when I basically told him I was finished with his lies...
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, my Yahoo messenger is not working, but once I get up working, I will retrieve that last IM and share.
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is my last IM with Raymond...I was "playing it up" to him because I knew he was a fake...this was last week when it all ended...and I have to say..I am so happy it has and don't miss him one bit. But look at how he "smooth operates" himself to get what he wants! Anyone who is vulnerable will slide into that trap...glad I didn't!...thanks to my friend and to all of you dear people!...here it goes..

raymond_bala1968: Hey honey
me: Hey
raymond_bala1968: how's my angel doing?
raymond_bala1968: Tell me how your health is
me: I am doing fine..funny how you used "angel" because I am writing a comment to someone I once knew who had suddenly died in a motorcycle accident
me: Well, one of the results came back negative for cancer and I was so happy!
raymond_bala1968: I'm more than happy right now at the news
me: me too
me: but my stomach still hurts and bloated...next test is next week
raymond_bala1968: ok, i have u in my prayers
me: that test i took was for cervical cancer
me: thank you hunny
me: i missed you
raymond_bala1968: i love you RoseMarie
me: I love you too Raymond Cole
raymond_bala1968: so what plans you got for today honey?
me: i have to bring my dog to get groomed and I have a hair appt as well this morning. I was suppose to go to a friends house for a surprise birthday party..she lives far and I dont feel like going so I just may hang out at home and rest
raymond_bala1968: ok, i'll be online for a while to keep you company
me: so how have you been?
raymond_bala1968: i have been good honey....been very busy here though
raymond_bala1968: work is hectic, lots of orders lined up i have to deliver before coming back to see you
raymond_bala1968: which reminds me, honey do you know anything about money orders?
me: no, i dont
raymond_bala1968: ok
me: why?
raymond_bala1968: cos i have some i am having trouble converting here, very dumb of me
raymond_bala1968: they are only cashable in the states
raymond_bala1968: and i am in dire need of the funds now
me: it sounds too strange to me Ray
raymond_bala1968: what sounds strange?
raymond_bala1968: they are USPS domestic money orders, i didnt notice that they were not international
me: why would you get money orders where you are at and they are not cashable? thats what sounds strange
raymond_bala1968: i got paid with it honey.....and theres nothing wrong with it..just that i would have to wait to get back to the US before i can cash em
me : then you need to tell your client that you need international money orders
raymond_bala1968: i only wanted to request your help in cashing some....but its ok if u cant
raymond_bala1968: and stop fretting over it....Cant i ask you for a favour anymore???
me : i am not fretting over it
raymond_bala1968: Theres nothing to it
raymond_bala1968: Of course i have told any other client paying me not to pay with domestic orders
raymond_bala1968: but the one with me right now, i need the cash
raymond_bala1968: I didnt think you would have a problem helping me out
raymond_bala1968: You there honey?
me: yes
raymond_bala1968: Why are you suddenly quiet?
me: I am doing alot of thinking
raymond_bala1968: thinking bout what??
me: You
raymond_bala1968: cos of what i just asked you?
raymond_bala1968: Oh please, give me a break
raymond_bala1968: what is there to think now?? cos i asked your help
raymond_bala1968: its not like i'm asking for your money
me : Goodbye Raymond. You have no idea how many red flags just flew in front of me.
raymond_bala1968: FINE!!!!! GOODBYE!!!!!!!!
raymond_bala1968: Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me: Geez?
raymond_bala1968: What is your problem
me: No...what is yours?
raymond_bala1968: What kinda woman would i have that i cant tell my problems?
raymond_bala1968: i only asked if you would do it? and then u tell me Goodbye
raymond_bala1968: Fine!!!!!!!!!!
me: Problems?
raymond_bala1968: If you ask me, i should be the one worried about trust as i am the one goin to send money.....whats in it for you to be scared about
raymond_bala1968: all you needed to say is you cant
raymond_bala1968: thats all
raymond_bala1968: whats with the REDFLAGS
me : Why is money always brought into our conversations?
raymond_bala1968: i cant keep up with this paranoia
me : Africa, money orders, charity,.....red flags Raymond!
raymond_bala1968: GoodBye RoseMarie
me : Goodbye Raymond Cole
me: I am pissed right now
raymond_bala1968: Whatever
me: whatever
raymond_bala1968: Think whatever you want to think
me : I am
raymond_bala1968: I am tired of your paranoid responses
me: good
me: i am tired of your mysterious ways
me: how about that
raymond_bala1968: Fine!!!!!!!!!
me: Good!
raymond_bala1968: Pls delete me from your list...and i wish you all the best in your search for a man that wont tell you whats on his mind and what his problems are
me: oh please Ray
raymond_bala1968: i just deleted you
raymond_bala1968: So please GOODLUCK in your search
me : good..and I'll delete you too because you are a SCAMMER!
raymond_bala1968: GOODLUCK and GOODBYE
raymond_bala1968: what was i gonna scam you out of?
me: LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
raymond_bala1968: your time?
me: Oh yes
me : money
me : that i dont have
raymond_bala1968: what would i do with your time
raymond_bala1968: i wish you knew me though
me: what do you mean?
raymond_bala1968: you would take all this back....
me: well, if you ever come to the states you can call and I will see if it is you
raymond_bala1968: You actually think i would call you?
me: if you had to prove it was you
raymond_bala1968: I'm angry at the amount of time i have wasted in pursuing this relationship
me : because that picture above me I feel is not you
me : wasting?

Well, that was the last of it....He must be out there scamming others..so sad...but you could see how he works..
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not going to say a word, just walk away from this thread shaking my head........

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Look, Flyakite123, I understand how hurt and upset you must be about this whole thing. You and I are both fairly new at this, and I've followed the thread from the beginning. But we are told again and again not to educate the scammers, not to make them better or smarter or ever, ever point out their red flags. They might change tactics and do something differently for the next victim. Something more effective, that will work better.

It may have made you feel better to have the last word, to leave him thinking that you figured out his red flags all on your own, to have "dumped" him. But remember: there was no relationship, there is no "Raymond," this character isn't a real person. Plus you indicated earlier in this thread that he knows your whereabouts. What you did...well, I don't know whether I'd call it dangerous, but it certainly didn't seem necessary. I guarantee that you didn't teach him any sort of lesson, and you may have put yourself (and future victims) at more risk. And why share it with us?

I ain't no mod, just sharing my response and hoping to help avert any similar future trouble.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree that the best way to have 'broken up' with Raymond would have been to say absolutely nothing whatsoever and leave him wondering how he managed to stuff up his scam but it's too late now.

As for sharing with us, flyakite came here in the first place to ask if the bloke was legit and you'll see it took us a long time to convince her that Ray is indeed a scammer and not the love of her life. It's a very common reaction with victims who desperately want to believe it's all been a horrible misunderstanding and that things will work out happily ever after.

The most important thing is that a victim has been 'saved' from a scammer and this thread is also a very good illustration of how cunning, ruthless and charming these 'romance' scammers can be and how they manipulate their victims.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Frau Blucher,

First, I wasnt teaching "Raymond" of learning a lesson nor did he know my whereabouts...yes we talked about what we did that day, but he had no address, home number, where I work, etc..only my cell number and that is it. Alot of what was said in that thread was not true. As far as me posting the last conversation with him, was to show people what kind of character he is. I have seen others post the same in other threads. I see nothing wrong about it. This whole forum was one I had created regarding the possibility of someone that I was conversing with to be a possible scammer and to have people give me insight of he was real or not. There is no more Raymond and he is gone from my life....poof! I respected others views on my situation and thanks to them, he is gone and I am lucky I still have all my possessions. Yes, I know that Raymond is not Raymond and if you feel that my posting of our last conversation was unnessary to share, then maybe you should have not read it. As far as this forum is concern, I will exit out and continue my life as a professional women, more knowledgeable as far as who I converse on the internet and to know where to go to, if I need help. Thank you all!
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We understand your motives behind it, flyakite. It hurts to have someone take advantage of you the way he did.

The issue we have is this:

Quote:
me: why would you get money orders where you are at and they are not cashable? thats what sounds strange
raymond_bala1968: i got paid with it honey.....and theres nothing wrong with it..just that i would have to wait to get back to the US before i can cash em
me : then you need to tell your client that you need international money orders

We work really hard never to educate the scammers. They are smarter than many realize, and no doubt "Raymond" WILL next time edit this part of his scam on his future victims.

I'm glad you're alright and am glad he didn't take any possessions. But to all future victims reading this: when you find out you're being scammed, please drop all communication with them instantly.

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

flyakite123 wrote:
I will exit out and continue my life as a professional women, more knowledgeable as far as who I converse on the internet and to know where to go to, if I need help. Thank you all!

That's the most important aspect of this. You are now aware of these lads and what's my aim is. To get as many potential vicitms out of the claws of these scammers.

Take care and I'll be sure to pm you, as my love affair with Raymond develops. Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
flyakite123
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All....any updates on baiting Mr. Raymond? So far, he has not contacted me (which is good), and nor have I even attempt to contact him. So glad it is done and over with!
false dmitri
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Luther Blissett wrote:
false dmitri wrote:
by the way, sorry about the caps. i use it for work

Sorry, but this made me smile... Razz WHAT KIND OF WORK MIGHT THAT BE THAT REQUIRES CAPS Question Question

in the accounting software I use, certain info must be entered in all caps so the info appear in the travel office's query command strings.

Accounting is 200% Risky Free!
rr71784
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't why I was thinking about it again but I too was contacted by this gay. he responded to my profile on gay.com I knew something was up when I checked into it and he had a profile on a straight site. he also uses [email protected]

http://members.msn.com/[email protected] He also uses for a screenname raypower thats what he had on gay.com and the straight site. I was disappointed because he was a hottie!

He had asked me for my address after talking for only a few days on yahoo/msn messengers and I said no and he got rather snippy. I've only heard from him once since he IMed me. He didint go into detail but he gave me the website for his company. He said he was in Henderson Nevada I think, but one profile said he was in Reno and another in OH and from the UK, manchester. he told me he was from West London. had the same story about the adopted orphan from Nigeria.

I just did a look and I can't find that one website again, also I dont think his gay.com profile is there anymore either.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear that you didn't fall for the scam, rr71784!
As we told flyakite, the hottie pics sent aren't "Ray", they are just some good looking guy whose pics were stolen off the web. These guys will work both straight and gay dating sites, because all they care about is getting someone (actually, MANY someones) emotionally involved enough to give them money or cash their fake cheques. Good on you for being cautious enough to not give him your address. Unfortunately, many people are far too trusting when it comes to people they meet online.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
rr71784
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Slayer Faith (I Love Faith Lehane!)

Well I wasn't sure about whether it was him or not. I wonder who that guy really is, the one in the pics. I knew something was up when I got the email and his profile was essentially blank, I jumped all over it because well he was hot LOL I think subconsiously I knew this was a fake thing.

I didn't think it was anything to do with money though I figured he was posing as someone else and had some big secrets. it set my alarms off, I guess i as you say here "baited" kind of.

Any luck with baiting him whoever was doing that? I saw it somewhere in this thread as I skimmed through.

Pulled unneeded quote. It's a conversation, rr Wink TS

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Lotta - Any updates on this guy? I'm interested to know what you did to him...

Pretty Rose

pony
rr71784
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know how Lotta is doing with him but he just IMed me on Yahoo. Rolling Eyes All he said was hey, I said Well hello there! No answer back. I wish the old program to remove yourself from someones yahoo friend list was still working.

So Lotta any news?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I played with him for a few months, went on a 7 week vacation and when I got back he never responded again. Sad

Go for it!!!

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He loves me!! jump_4_joy Ray truly loves me jump_4_joy
My only question now is what colour wedding dress to get Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
rr71784
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes

Guess who just IMed me after I don't even know how long......He was ignored, its funny because I was just talking about him to someone his ears must have been burning.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ray is still alive and kicking. Rather than necro this thread, read all about him here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150465&highlight=

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic