SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

NBC DATELINE Tuesday March, 20 07

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
oopsme
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

heres the comments section from the viewers, some interesting comments.
http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/03/20/95321.aspx#comments

Are you looking up my dress again?
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The comments seem to break down like this:

20% "Good job Chris!"

20% "I received just such an email the other day. // Someone should arrest these criminals! // I forward all these emails to the FBI!"

20% "All the 'victims' are stupid greedy criminals themselves and deserve what they get!"

10% "I have paid $xxx.xx to scammers. How can I get my money back?"

10% "Chris, you should have had the scammers arrested."

10% "Focus on [romance] [U.S. con men] [HYIP] scams next."

5% "Stop targeting Africans -- they have been raped and pillaged for centuries." and

5% generally knowledgeable comments.

In other words, par for the course. Rolling Eyes

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly where did they get this scambaiter for the show? - she should have told them no on the money -

2nd no resources for arrests? WHY not get with some LEOs - and start to work with them have say 5-10 that will deal with this as their job - they dont worry about the war on terror - or the guy moving drugs - they worry about these guys

I am thinking of contacting senators / reps on this - maybe they erecently saw this and will help just like they do with perverted justice

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Imus_Naile
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When he was in England I was hoping for a cameo from our favorit baiter.. SHIVER! Wonder if they asked Shiv for some advice?

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to support 419eater.com! Donate today!</a>
IM_Dumm
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also saw this last night.

I agree they could have gotten the same results without sending any money. I also thought Chris Hansen was a little too tickled with their clever fake names (Dimoni (de money) and Greenbacks). Five minutes on this site would have shown them better examples.

The only thing really worth seeing was the looks on the lads faces. Priceless Laughing It was also fun to watch the fat lad run away....

"you can as well fuck the hell out" Barr. Peter Ojiko
"Don;t even try to mail me again,just forget about me forever.Even GO AWAY" Abu Tafa
Easter Egg 2013
Code:
Closed lad accounts x 2
UncleNed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that the lack of arrests could have been due to a legal loophole.

I'm not too up on the law, but I know that there's a law that prevents tricking a criminal into performing an illegal act to arrest him; I think it's called "Entrapment". It's fine to go undercover and expose them after collecting evidence on them, but the evidence collected on NBC's show was only for the scams they were doing on NBC's baiter and thus not allowed to be used as evidence in a court.

As I said, I'm not a lawyer so I could be completely wrong.

"Your life is a monument to stupidity, I am breathless that anyone or anything in our universe can really be this stupid. You are a primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid you LITTLE SHIT !! " Raymond Hanz of Fnaz Kapitial (Now behind bars)

"YOU CAN CUT YOUR DIG AND EAT IT, YOU LOUSY FOOOOOOOL............" Sani Suleman Listen to him on the Radio (Starts at 19 minutes)
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

INAL-Either but I know they didn't entrap. They answered his email just like we do. Entrapment is if they told the scammers that they would give them $5000 if they pretended to scam them, then ask the police to arrest the scammers for scamming.

It just wasn't cost effective to arrest them. All he had to say was, I was told all the info was true by the guy in S. Africa and I acted on that assumption. The cost to track down the other members would just be too expensive for a 5 month jail term.

I was dismayed that the FBI was surprised they could get a meet easily. Jeez, Most of us could have done that easily and without spending $200 to do it.

I wondered why they gave back the money. I was expecting them to say "I don't have it with me" What would Chris do then? I would have liked to have Chris bring a couple of big beefy friends in and have them stand over the scammer while they talked. Just to see if they could make him wet his pants.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
crossfire
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I envy the eater users, I guess I need to make that call, Dish or Direct.
missing the baiter shows.

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know i was shocked too the FBI was surpised how easy they got them.
I can get them to meet me at an airport or so in less than a week.

They should do this again and have a bunch of lads meeting at the same place like to catch a predator! -

I am sure the Amsterdam police would help - from seing how they like to go after them

_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
metalgolem
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the show was overall informative yet they didn't even use the term "advance fee fraud".

If the show saves even one person from actually sending a scammer any money then it has done it's job.

Had NBC relied on 419eater the way they rely on Perveted Justice, i am positive that at least one scammer would be walking away in shiny silver bracelets.

If Shiver or one of the senior baiters from this site contact producers at NBC
and gave some constructive feedback and offer to be part of a follow-up broadcast, it certainly would get the word out that there are some serious
scambaiters burning up the time and resources that scammers have.

Years ago when Dateline started the 'To Catch A Predator' segment, they had no idea how popular it would become. Even the perverted scum that
preys on kids have watched the segments and still carry on with their plans to meet children after sexually graphic internet chats.

The plus side on those segments is that the perverts leave the bait house and get taken down and arrested at gunpoint.

With some improvements and some refinements, Dateline could have a winning formula for another popular television news segment.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The trouble is 98% of these lads never never set foot in the US - this would require working with the london, or amsterdam police for where most of the meets happen...

_____

Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lester--

I agree.

Don't know if you saw the Brian Ross segments on 20/20 but the golden opportunity to arrest one in Washington was there and passed by. Sigh.
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I finally got around to watching this tonight. What a joke! The FBI agent is a moron. I guess it's not a case of cream rising to the top, but rather shit floating. If a moron like that is in the FBI, all I have to say is, "God help us." Al-Qaida will have NO problem detonating a dirty bomb in NYC if they want. What a sham.

What's NBC going to do next? Send the pedophiles photos of naked 10 year old girls, simply to get them to come by? Why not? They have no problem sending money to scammers. Might as well make it a good day for the child rapist scum.

Who the fuck is the scambaiter at the beginning? Did he consult, and allow NBC to send money? Who was the femal scambaiter?

I have more questions than answers after watching this show. I'm pissed off at how this was handled.

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted a big long comment on why the victims fall for it, but it was never approved. Evil or Very Mad
Justin Bieber
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad Sad Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I forgot about it , and watched American Idol Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad maybe it will come on again as a rerun Smile

Am regret to knowing you in my life,after you know that noting for me again,no job,no house,no parent,so what am waiting for,it will better for me to kill my self - Footprint

I know you are not ready to help me,after you detroy my life you said that i should not contact you anymore,i will kill my self,and is you and your husband who killed me - Footprint

Tattoo

Safari X 4

Safari Lagos, Nigeria - Hell
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ You can watch basically the entire show online... I think a link was posted earlier.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well...that would be cool if I had speakers Crying or Very sad but i will watch it and see if I can read their lips Sad

Am regret to knowing you in my life,after you know that noting for me again,no job,no house,no parent,so what am waiting for,it will better for me to kill my self - Footprint

I know you are not ready to help me,after you detroy my life you said that i should not contact you anymore,i will kill my self,and is you and your husband who killed me - Footprint

Tattoo

Safari X 4

Safari Lagos, Nigeria - Hell
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic