SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone heard of this?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

edited for privacy reasons
damn it

Last edited by Sixx on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fake check scam. Your friend gets a series of checks (or maybe just one large one) which will be for more than requested. Your friend will be asked to deposit the check and then pay the overage to someone else via Western Union. If your friend does this, she will of course incur liability for the entire amount when her bank comes back and notifies her of the check being counterfeit.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks, thats what I thought...I tried to tell her

well, I guess since I warned her she'll get what she gets.
I suppose she's the perfect person to be scammed...she said she wants to break into the wholesale business and make her business big.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Sixx......please have this person Google "check mule scams" and read the info.

Please ask her to call the local FBI office to ask them if they think this is a scam.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sixx wrote:
A friend of a friend (who also makes handcrafted soap, as do I) got an email from a Chinese company

Has she checked the email headers to see where this person might REALLY be located?

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guys, I think she's totally oblivious Rolling Eyes
But I will tell her to check the headers.
Im just about done with warning her, I mean come on...its so obvious, isnt it??

thank you all, I really appreciate the confirmation on this =)
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well yes, its obvious to us. After all, we study and dissect these things constantly. For the average person who may never have heard of this type of scam, its much less so.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I promise to update as I can...Im really trying to talk her into forwarding me the email.
But as she is only a friend of a friend, Im not sure she trusts me.
she prolly thinks I want the business all for myself Rolling Eyes Laughing

randomly, me thinks I need an avatar....
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably a variation of the wash wash scam Laughing
Of course there is always the chance in a trillion that the company is legit but just situated in a particularly dirty part of China. Rolling Eyes
After a while doing this the hair stands up automatically on the back of your neck.
SCAM!!!!! Tell your friend to phone your local law enforcement and ask.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
Baldrick
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't you direct her to this site? That might convince her.

we build relationship and watch it going up am a woman i need you to be at peace first not so wild like animal. (Mrs. Elizabeth)
NOW WALK MAJESTICALLY LIKE A LION TO YOUR WU OFFICE (williams wilcox)
I love the idea of the Security verification code (Freeborn Moses after 1143 answers)
SWING INTO ACTION EMBLIND (in a subject line)
Sheridan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell her to do a google search for 'soap manufacturing china' Over a million hits including this one. [url=http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Soap.html]

Why would they approach a foreign company when they have such a huge industry locally?

You might also tell her to speak to a customs agent or export consultant. They will tell her just how difficult it is to import goods into China. They have no problems shipping stuff out but the other way is extremely difficult and is usually only possible with things they cannot make themselves (Yet).

Quote me if you like. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to manufacturing soap. Send her here too, thats a good idea.[/url]
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sixx--

check out www.bustedupcowgirl.com
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so let the baiting begin....

Last edited by Sixx on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi again Sixx--

She doesn't live in Canada any more than 'she is a she', IYKWIM. The header invariably traces back to--uh, Africa? or Nigeria, specifically? The Lads DO have connections in Canada but not importune to your bait yet. Not when a 'Mrs' is trying to set it up, which is generally the opening few hooks.

Have you been turned over to her MALE lawyer/son/banker yet? Lads often start out as a female but are very bad at keeping up that role. A buncha macho bull-s**t. So I turn the tables on them likewise.

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, it miiiiiight not be a fake check scam. Oh, it's still probably a scam, but I'm seeing more and more formats for "import scams". Some person will approach a business out of the blue and offer to order a gazillion units of whatever you're making, be it bottled water or waffle makers. They offer generous payment terms, and generally offer to pay the entire order before delivery. They're usually quite impatient about you filling the order, and will berate the business if they "can't handle the order, humph, we'll find someone who can, humph" and act very indignant if you ask any questions.

There's just this little matter of you becoming a "registered importer" with our country, darnit! But we can point you to a lawyer who will do it for a small fee...

Mostly, the import scams seem to originate from Benin and Nigeria, less often, but it's possible this one might not be a fake check scam at all. They count on the small businesses and newbies on b2b portals like Alibaba and Tradekey not knowing enough about international business to even question the "registration" bit. And most small business owners get big eyes when they're offered a large order for a (usually) government organization or charity organization. This might just be a slightly less polished format.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jervis Tetch wrote:
Hi again Sixx--

She doesn't live in Canada any more than 'she is a she', IYKWIM. The header invariably traces back to--uh, Africa? or Nigeria, specifically? The Lads DO have connections in Canada but not importune to your bait yet.

Have you been turned over to her MALE lawyer/son/banker yet? Lads often start out as a female but are very bad at keeping up that role. A buncha macho bull-s**t. So I turn the tables on them likewise.

I thought Id bait them with a cell phone offer or something (Ive done that one before....) and see what happens =)

thank you mrs.bean, you are probably spot on with that.

now i just need to draft a plausible bait offer

Last edited by Sixx on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sixx--

So if their 'specialty' is 'Chinese cosmetics' as they say--ask to see their latest line of non-MSG lipstick and rouge. [website request?] Fair question on your part. Tell them you deal in fishnet hosiery on the side. THAT should boggle them a bit! They'll be thinking fish!

Just throwing wild ideas around, but the main point is to have fun, bait safe, and not lose 1 iota of sleep with anything you said or shoulda said to the mugus.

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jervis Tetch wrote:
Sixx--

So if their 'specialty' is 'cosmetic' as they say--ask them to see their latest lines of lipstick and rouge. [website request] Fair question on your part.

ah ha...clever Cool
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sixx---^^^^

In that 3-minute gap I further embellished, so check again.

Notice how fast the lads mentioned the 'cosmetics' angle to you and just as quickly abandoned it and got right down to the money scam with you. I don't let them get away with that in whatever scam they pueport to be using. I want them to give me proof.

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jervis Tetch wrote:
Sixx--

So if their 'specialty' is 'Chinese cosmetics' as they say--ask to see their latest line of non-MSG lipstick and rouge. [website request?] Fair question on your part. Tell them you deal in fishnet hosiery on the side. THAT should boggle them a bit! They'll be thinking fish!

Just throwing wild ideas around, but the main point is to have fun, bait safe, and not lose 1 iota of sleep with anything you said or shoulda said to the mugus.

thats so funny and we must have been using the same brain waves cuz I just made a new yahoo acct to use.... [email protected] Laughing

Im tossing in that we produce pancake griddles too...just for kicks
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well this just about sums it up for me as a scam:

www.gangtaiyuan.com

On the footer on their website, they claim to have been in business since 1999:

Quote:
GangTaiYuan Group � 1999-2006.All Rights Reserved

Their domain was only purchased on March 7th 2007, and only registered for the minimum of 12 months, now, if they are a long term business since 1999 like they claim, you would expect them to have at a 5 year domain registration, scammers only buy domain name for 1 year as they know their sites either get closed down for fraud, or when they are found out to be scammers, they just register a new domain for a year again, why pay for 5 years when you know you have will not be around for that long!

Quote:
Domain Name: GANGTAIYUAN.COM
Registrar: WEB COMMERCE COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED DBA WEBNIC.CC
Whois Server: whois.webnic.cc
Referral URL: http://www.webnic.cc
Name Server: NS1.CNOLNIC.NET
Name Server: NS2.CNOLNIC.NET
Updated Date: 07-mar-2007
Creation Date: 07-mar-2007
Expiration Date: 07-mar-2008

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed that too...except I didnt see that it expires one year from the date they put the site up.
good eyes there SP!

they've been baited by TunaMish Cosmetics...I just want to play a little.
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there anyone Chinese around, so you can just shut the frigging site down? I'd say a simple mail to the hoster can cause more problems than they can solve within a month Wink BTW, is the supposed victim convinced already?

[edit] Mail sent, yahoo has a good reputation on this one Wink [/edit]

Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Ethian on Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sixx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, I think she's convinced LOL

and no...no Chinese ppl around me
I work from home Wed. thru Fri. (I know, lucky dawg huh?)

Last edited by Sixx on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some Chinese hosts wouldn't care if you got a whole mob of Chinese people complaining. Some hosters only cut off the scammer if they don't pay their bill. It's not like they're afraid of being sued.

For that matter, not all the hosts who behave like that are Chinese, either. Some hosts don't care, period. They like having scammers and spammers on board as long as it means a profit.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic