SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

NBC DATELINE Tuesday March, 20 07

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HomerJFong
Courtesiless son of a doggy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are there any greater words than Chris Hansen saying "I've got something to tell you"?

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"We stayed there for two days hopping to get any of you" - Pastor Collins
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can't arrest them? wtf.. video evidence, fake passports (2!)..

I don't agree with that, but eh..
HomerJFong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rich Greenback? Laughing

Although it doesn't top snakesonagirl from one of the Predator specials.

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr. Basille was pretty low-key about the whole thing.

The one thing Dateline is being disingenuous about is the fact that they are wiring money to the lads to prove their bona fides and further set the hook. In the one instance Hanson admits to sending $200. Obviously, this is not what true baiting is about, and clearly, if you can send that much cash, then you can get a lad to believe about anything really.

But, this is Dateline, and Hanson's normal job is luring child predators into the homes of supposed teenage girls for ratings, so we can expect as much.

Still, Hanson did seem to be having fun and the looks on these guys' faces is just great. Very Happy

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
KatieBuckeye
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I think all the scambaiters here could have still gotten the meet in London without paying the $200.

Oh well, this is still a good service to warn the viewers about scams.

To tell you the truth i doubt if you are the one who sent this message,what is related to me and
homosexual, you made me weak. - Mirian Zafar
iamdigitalman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol @ the guy who is sweating profusly in the Pub. I love how after chris hanson reveals himself, the dude orders a drink.

"the answer is not at the bottom of that beer glass."

love it. I also love how the guy ran away at the beginning.

according to the FBI, they can't arrest them because "we don't have enough time or resourses". that's BS. I pay my taxes. what the hell is all of that money going to? to shine Bush's shoes and pay for Dick's bypasses?

-digital Wink
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The idiot FBI agent is trying to act so very informed, yet even he is astonished that Hanson was able to get face-to-face meetings.

Then the agent basically admits that you can't stop this by arresting the lads b/c there's only too many others willing to fill the vacuum, and therefore the only way to stop the scammers is for victims to not be victims, and for people to spread the word about the 419ers.

All in all, I give Hanson a B+. It was great to see a few live mugus, and their frozen smiles as the bait was unveiled. It was more entertainment than education over all, but again, it's Dateline.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
HomerJFong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If need be, I've taped the show. I'll have to transfer it over to DVDR, and then rip it from that.

Mortar x5
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't agree with some of the investigation

1) wiring money - if they did more research, they would of known that this money is not going to the man that is coming to see them, this is just some fool guyman hired by the oga or another scammer to go and collect the large cash sum the victim is paying out.

2) No Arrest - this is crap, the first lad ran because he thought the cops were going to arrest him, the other two did not know what was going to happen. They can arrest these lads and they have the evidence on video tape, why wear a hidden camera when you're just going to let them go? FBI has more things to do, like following a crack dealer in ohio or texas. I'm sure the FBI is doing a very awesome job protecting the USA, but why not protect us from losing money to scammers?
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed that it was a cop out (forgive the pun) not arresting the scammers.

"You can walk away" Thumbs down

Now what WOULD have been interesting is a visit to an internet cafe in Nigeria or Ghana or Benin.

And an interview with Shiver of course.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was the criticism of the first "To Catch a Predator" show they did as well -- that they let the perverts walk out after being exposed. But after that they made sure to have the cops waiting.

My guess is - and it's just that - is there were difficulties coordinating with British authorities -- or NBC didn't want to go to the trouble.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
gcssteve
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the FBI guy was really surprised at how easy it was for dateline to get the meets.
Maybe some of us should give a class at Quantico. call it scambaiting 101.
And give Hanson some credit, he got the scammers to give his money back. Thats something you don't see everyday.
Overall I thought it was pretty good, I'll remember the looks on their faces for a while or any time I need a good chuckle.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm missing it, cant pick-up the channel, boo hoo hoo for me

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn, I wish I would have known this sooner. I can't log onto 419eater at my new company, so I can't check the forums anymore during the day. Sad I would have done a digital recording of this if I had known.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will buy a copy off one of ya mates that recording it, please Sad Sad

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched it but I wasn't that impressed. He actually wired 200 bucks which I thought sucked. I think he could/should have spent more time on what we do and posted a few trophy pics etc.

starstarstarstar
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am recording it but it is over the air so it will be poor quality. Enough for me to watch later anyway. Wink

I have seen that the FBI really is behind the curve on internet scams. They believe a lot of things about the scammers that we know are not true. And don't seem to understand the breath of the problem. But on their side, scams like this, until a victim actually loses money and presses charges, are hard to prosecute and cost a great deal of money for little return. And until it becomes a large amount of money it is only a petty crime. $200 invested to meet a scammer is not going to get the FBI torqued up. One mule a few months in jail will not stop it. And the real bosses cover themselves.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
AlphonseTheFrog
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just watched it (I live in CA). To those who are saying they had to pay money upfront: they got it all back from every lad. I am disappointed that the lads were not arrested. Dateline could have arranged something with the British cops.

I believe that you ate also sending emails like this to others as well intimidiating them!!! I can't fear you -- Fidelity Security Company
BAAAAAAAAASTAAAARD CHOP MOTHER THEIR. U DONT KNOW BIZ... ANIMAL BEING...... -- Goodluck Obi
i known that you are an african man so you dey hear meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? murther fucking dick heard -- Graham Hoffman
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I want that hour of my life back..I found it most disappointing..Face to face meetings in the U.K. and no arrests??

I don't call handing a lad cash scam baiting, sorry.. Had NBC checked out this place they could have hired some technical advisors and produced a show with some balls to it..

On the positive side any way the word gets out to the public is good I guess. I'm just used to a better class of baiter after hanging around here for a year.. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AlphonseTheFrog wrote:
To those who are saying they had to pay money upfront: they got it all back from every lad.

Not exactly. You see, the lad probably took the money they sent and spent it at the internet cafe hooking new vics, getting fake cheques/ forms/ passports to use, paying a faker maker to get that fake website they always wanted set up, etc. The money they got back very likely came from a real vic. In the end, they gave the scammer(s) an interest free business loan.

Its very like lending a drug dealer $500. He will take your money, buy some drugs, cut them, resell them on the street at a profit, and then give your money back (only if he has to, of course). Whilst you got the money back, the damage has been done.

[Edit] Dr Who and Les Noise- My theory is that the knowledge gained by Eater experience vs. the knowledge gained by most LEO's "research" is comparable to participating in a language immersion program vs. taking a language class.

Not only does each baiter have firsthand contact with the scammers in his/her own baits, we also read tons of threads started by other members as well. New formats, and new twists on the classics, are posted here within hours of hitting a baiter's catcher account; many members here have posted firsthand info gained from playing guyman or oga; and others have posted the results of an unbelievable variety of mind-screws visited on any number of different scammers.

It doesn't surprise me at all that that we are "ahead of the curve" on understanding 419 scammers and modalities. Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While entertaining, it missed the real goal of getting these assclowns arrested.

But then again, in the UK, where people who defend themselves against attackers are sent to prison for decades and burglars only get tickets, what's the punishment for being a 419 scammer? A stern talking to?

Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I taped it and am now re-watching to be able to rewind/pause any scene.

Yeah I was a tad taken aback that a mugu got wired $200 smackeroos--and the cheap bastard wasn't happy with that!! But all things considered, it was a small price to enable Dateline to further the bait. Plus they got a mugu mad at getting free cash--just not enough. As if there is 'enough'.

Another thing I thought about--- like alphonse pointed out--the opportunities were there to contact Scotland Yard that one Lad had 2 passports, and that another was claiming to be a Diplomat but left his ID at 'The Airport' [Hmm, Heathrow or Gatwick?] In my way of thinking, this should have been at least 'probable cause' for the cops to have been contacted immediately.

But this was essentially a primer course for the masses on 419. It was quite well done too. My hat is off once more to Chris Hansen [aka Jim E. Dimoni and Rich Greenback]. Just seeing that fat mugu 'Anthony' chugging away from Chris was a tee-vee classic LOL moment.

For fellow baiters who haven't yet seen it I hope it is made available to you. I would if I could but I'm not that tech-savvy. And I also thought that Shiver in the UK should have been the 'avenging-angel scam-baiter' protagonist, but 'Bill' from the USA apparently knows his stuff. No doubt he has checked out this site, might even be a contributor for all one knows.

And btw--amazed me how prevalent mopeds are in what had to be Lagos or Port Harcourt. Amazes me still how the women can carry a basket of laundry/whatever on their hat.
boingboing
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please send me a pm when it is uploaded somewhere, would like to get a look at that. Ta in advance.

oopsme
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its posted in its entirety at msnbc: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

Are you looking up my dress again?
boingboing
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks much works fine, Click here to watch

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic