SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HaroldP
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah.. think this one has fizzled. Not to worry - I got him to spend money on a phone call and waste time on me. It was fun though, and hopefully I've learnt for other scams (including the other one which still seems active).

Martins Osawande wrote:

>From: "martins" <[email protected]>
>To: <[email protected]>
>Subject: PLEASE TREAT WITH URGENT ATTENTION.
>Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:47:59 +0200
>
>Dear Friend,
>I AM MR. MARTINS OSAWANDE, AN ACCOUNTANT WITH ONE OF THE REPUTABLE BANKS HERE IN NIGERIA.
>In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of 14million US dollars (Fourteen million US dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who used to work with Mobil Development Company in Nigeria died in a plane crash along with his entire family in october 6, 2000. Since then I have made several enquires to his emabssy here to locate any of his extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful.
>After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist in repartrating the fund valued at US$14 million left behind by him before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge amount were deposited.
>The bank has issued us a notice to provide the next of kin or have his account confiscated within the next Twenty-One official working days. Since I have been unsuccessfull in locating the relatives for over 3 years now. I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.
>Therefore, on receipt of your positive response, we shall then discuss the sharing ratio and modalities of this transaction, I have all necessary information to see this transaction through. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made.
>You should contact me on my E-MAIL, as soon as you receive this letter,all I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. You can also reach me in my alternative mail account ([email protected] ).
>Best regards,
>Mr.Martins Osawande

Harold Potter wrote:

My dearest and most wonderful friend Martins,

I am so please to hear from you! I have interrupted my current activity, which is the secretaryship of the International Society of Fraggle Hurlers, in order to be as ready to assist you with this exciting transaction as possible.

It is therefore my wish that you contact me as soon as possible. I am very eager to receive these funds and share it with you. I would also be interested to discuss the possibility with you of opening a new and exciting franchise concept - McFraggle - in your country, which is the cheapest fast food outlet in the world (given that all Fraggles come pre-hurled courtesy of our society, and therefore many costs associated with the correct preparation of Fraggles are alleviated through our wanton disregard for health regulations). Perhaps we could utilise the proceeds of this deal to open the first outlet, which also features the Boghog Burger, Veal ala Bertnernie, and the Big Bird Kebab as major specialties.

I beg of you to please maintain the utmost confidentiality in this transaction. My privileged and esteemed position means that entering into a transaction such as this would normally mean sharing the proceeds with fellow members of the society. However, since they accidentally punctured my scrotum with the incredible miracle blade, I have not been completely satisfied. Indeed, I am tempted to ask for my money back.

Thus it is with the gravest need that I beg of you to allow me to get these funds. They will permit me to purchase the world's first 1000 foot long schlong, with which I intend to achieve my life-long goal of being having the first schlong visible from space. This is an ambition many have aspired to, but none have as yet achieved.

Sir, I must advise that this email address is wholly secure, and therefore you may discuss this matter most safely. I feel very confident in your strong masculine hands, and I'm sure we will be able to reach a climax in no time whatsoever.

Osawande, please advise me at the earliest opportunity of what needs to be done to get this party started.

Yours in absolute bibble,

Harold Potter
Secretary-Extraordinaire (on leave) - ICFH
"We hurl Fraggles so you don't have to!"

I was actually amazed to get a reply... but I think I made him suspicious. Subject was "Can I call you?"

Martins Osawande wrote:

Dear Harold Potter,

I did receive your response to my proposal and I would be glad if you will give me your consent and full cooperate to enable us have success in this transaction. Could you please forward to me your private phone number preferable your mobile number to enable me call you for clarification and procedures of this transaction. Please note that I have taken into consideration the confidentiality this transaction demands and I would like you to maintain the same.

I will call you immediately I have your contact phone number. Thanks as I wait to hear from you urgently.

Kind regards,

Mr. Martins.

I needed to stall to sort out the phone number, which I'd not got around to.

Harold Potter wrote:

Sir,

Unfortunately my mobile phone was stolen yesterday; in addition to which i am currently in a secret area. I will try to rectify this asap, but in the meantime please let us discuss this via this email, which is my secure address. I am very eager to proceed as quickly as possible and thus I would hate something such as the phone to be an obstacle.

Thanking you with many turnips,

Harold Potter
The Oh So Very Big Shlong Society

I gave him my mobile number - a prepaid with the ring set to silent. Couldn't think of anything special to get him to say.

Harold Potter wrote:

Dear Mr Martin,

I am please to advise that I have organised a replacement mobile phone at no risk. Please feel free to call me on the number anytime, day or night. I can't promise to answer, but you may leave any details you like on there and I will be sure to receive them.

I received a pussycat in the mail today. Did you send it? If so, thanks. It's a very nice pussycat.

Sincerely turnip,

Harold Potter
CEO, Oh So Very Big Shlong Society

Left it a day with no reply, then sent this:

Harold Potter wrote:

Martin i have not heard from y ou although i did send you my mobile phone number. did you receive it? also, are you the person who keeps sending me pussycats? I have received three by post thus far, and although they are very nice, I'm curious as to their purpose...

"I will call you" was the subject.

Martins Osawande wrote:

Dear Potter,

I did receive the phone number you sent to me and I will call you as soon as possible. I did not send any pussucat to you. Meanwhile, this is the procedures of the transaction. The first step is that I will get an attorney here that will process the required legal documents that will back you up for this transaction. As soon as I get an attorney that will do that I will forward his/her contact information so that you will make an official contact for assistance. Secondly, I will draft an application which you will forward to my bank to enable them start the fund approvals process prior to the release of this fund to your bank account and if we can pay prompt attention to our communication, this transaction will be completed with 7 banking days.

Meanwhile, I would like you to forward the following information to me which I do assure you of risk free. Your contact information and age. If you have fax number, you can also forward it. Please note that their will be expenses in this transaction and if I have need to seek your financial assistance, I will let you know. So indicate your willingness to cooperate with me now so that I do not get disappointed later

Thanks as I wait to hear from you soon. You can call me on + 234 803 3216282 if you have need.

Kind regards,
Mr. Martins.

I left him hanging for a day - and he tried to call me. At 1:30am in the morning. Nothing exciting in the message left; just an incitement to call or email him about the transaction. I then sent the following. I really wanted to get something pussycat oriented.

Harold Potter wrote:

Dear Maxim,

I am stunned at the news that you did not send me any pussycats. I was so certain it must have been you. Perhaps it's my new friend jean, who is also engaged in a similar transaction with me. I'll find out and let you know. It's very important to me, as I love pussycats, and with the number I have now received I believe I will start a pussycat shelter.

I am so pleased that you are eager to pay any costs associated with the transaction, it's very much appreciated. Naturally I will see that you are fully reimbursed later.

My contact information is as follows

Harold Potter
Miniature Unicorn Games United Pty Ltd
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Brisvegas
Western Australia 7110

You have my phone number already.

My fax machine has been thwacked and is in repair, so my UK branch will happily receive any faxes and forward them to me.

Fax: 0871 52 27 100
International Fax: +44 871 52 27 100

Thank you for your call, I'm very happy to hear a friendly voice! However I was not around at 1:30am to receive your call.

Speak to you soon,

Harold

I think I upset him a little. He sent me the same email twice, 6 minutes apart...

Martins Osawande wrote:

Dear Mr. Potter,

Thanks for your response. I never told you that I would offset all expenses in this transaction. I only told you that there will be expenses in this transaction and I will seek your assistance if need be and I am surprised to hear that you are engaged in a similar transaction. I want to tell you that I am not joking and if you know that you can not move forward in this business or not ready to assist financially, kindly notify me now.

I wait for your response.

Mr. Martins.

That one needed a slap.

Harold Potter wrote:

Sir,

I am outraged at the offensive nature of your email. Indeed I am serious, and I expect a full apology. Obviously I misunderstood your email; if necessary I will assist financially, however should you ever talk to me in such a way again, I will be sure to terminate this transaction forthwith.

As to the other transaction, I have no wish to discuss it with you. It transpires that it was indeed jean who sent me the pussycats, and for that I feel far more confident in his business than I do in yours at present.

I am insulted at your phrase "I am not joking", because I am not either. I am deadly serious about it, and I strongly advise you not to cross me. I will assist you, but only if you stop this ridiculous nonsense.

In my initial response to you, I wrote:

"It is therefore my wish that you contact me as soon as possible. I am very eager to receive these funds and share it with you."
"I beg of you to please maintain the utmost confidentiality in this transaction. My privileged and esteemed position means that entering into a transaction such as this would normally mean sharing the proceeds with fellow members of the society. "
"Thus it is with the gravest need that I beg of you to allow me to get these funds"

As if this were not sufficient proof of my seriousness, I sent you my personal home address and company name, not to mention my mobile number and UK office's fax number.

You have NOT responded to my wish to discuss the possibility of opening a franchise of my fast food outlet.

Frankly, I am disgusted at your conduct, and I feel you are stringing me along. I will not tolerate such treatment sir. I have not become so successful through dealing with people who would insinuate such things as you have.

Call you? No chance. I am so angry right now I'm going to shoot my pet fraggle.

Goodbye.

Amazingly, I got a response...

Martins Osawande wrote:

Dear Mr. Potter,

How are you today? I have tried to call you (No, he didn't) but it has not been possible for me. Could you please call me. It is very important we talk for a better understanding.

Kind regards,

Mr. Martins.

Nope, that's another slap earnt.

Harold Potter wrote:

Sir,

I will not waste my money on calling you. You have offended me, and don't even have the decency to offer me an apology.

If you wish to continue this transaction, I require an apology.

Love,

Harold

I'll be very surprised if I get any response this time. Still, over a week of mugu time - and a 3 minute international phone call to an Australian mobile phone - wasted. I'll be more creative next time, but it was a start at least Smile

NB, I can't pleased you because of a pussycat, did you know what that means to me, how can I Dr Mrs Doreen Kabila, go and take a photo with a poisionous animal called pussycat? I can not and I have sent you my photos.
---------------------------------
WARM HER NEVER TO WRITE YOU AGAIN AND BLOCKED HER EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTERING YOUR MAIL BOX AGAIN. DONT BORDER YOURSELF, SHE CAN'T DO YOU ANYTHING IS SHE YOUR GOD. Do this things fast.
Automatic scam-blog (BETA): http://haroldpotter419.blogspot.com
Homer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its great when you waste their time and money on phone calls.
I always encourage them to call my mobile and I always keep them on hold for a minute before talking to them. I drag the conversation out so much that many a time their calling card credits run out and the call is suddenly dropped (so much for calling from their legal chambers) and they call back 15 minutes later after buying another calling card.
Sometimes they get so tired of wasting phone money that they ask me to put it all in an email instead !

HaroldP
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I should setup a "voice mail" service:

- Welcome to Miniature Unicorn Games United Pty Ltd. We are currently experiencing a large volume of calls and cannot take your call at the moment. To leave a message, press 1
- Thankyou. Please hold [ 2 minute wait ]
- If you are calling about an investment opportunity, press 1
- If you are leaving a message for Harold Potter, press 1
- If your name is [insert scammer's name here], press 1
- Is your scam 100% risk free? Press 1.
- Are you calling to discuss the modalities? Press 1.
- "Hi, you have reached Harry Potter, I can't take your call right now, please press 1 to leave a message."
- "I'll record your message after the beep. To end, press 1."
[Mugu records his message, then presses 1]
- You are required to verify your identity for Harold Potter to receive your voicemail. Please email him a photo of yourself with a pussycat. If you agree, press 1.
- Please email the photo ASAP, and Harold Potter will receive your voicemail. Press 1 to end your call.
- Thankyou. Please hold [2 minute wait ]
- Goodbye. Press 1 to hang up.
- Thankyou. Please hold [2 minute wait ]
[Click]

What would be truly interesting is how many would make it to the end, and how many would accept the need to verify their identity. It could take scambaiting to a whole new level! Twisted Evil

NB, I can't pleased you because of a pussycat, did you know what that means to me, how can I Dr Mrs Doreen Kabila, go and take a photo with a poisionous animal called pussycat? I can not and I have sent you my photos.
WARM HER NEVER TO WRITE YOU AGAIN AND BLOCKED HER EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTERING YOUR MAIL BOX AGAIN. DONT BORDER YOURSELF, SHE CAN'T DO YOU ANYTHING IS SHE YOUR GOD. Do this things fast.
HaroldP
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yay! I got Martins to start up again. All it took was a threat to fly over there and shove...something...up...something.

Anyhow, trying a different tack now Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic