SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

LEO??/ initial mail close to home

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got an initial scam mail from someone whose IP resolves a little too close to home for my taste. I was wondering if any American LEO are on here and may have ideas on how to proceed? I don't really plan on baiting this one unless I am in close contact with LEO, but I'd like to do something.

I'd rather talk locations over PM since it's practically in my backyard, or appears to be, if that's the safe way to go.

I just have this feeling that if I talked to the local PD, they'd just stare at me and say delete it.

I don't know. I've never seen this before.

As efficient, strong and reliable as this transaction {INHERITANCE} inheritance is not acrime all over the World, a day old baby can inherit as you know even a deaf & dump and the blind can as well Inherit. ---Mr:Gregg Cesar.

ONEMORE THING NAVER YOU USE SUCH WORDS TO US AGAIN GOAT'S -- Mr.Edward Brown, ECOBANK PLC. COTE D�IVOIRE
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a thought are you sure you are reading headers correctly?

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Post the header and we can confirm whether or not this lad is nearby.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup. I just checked again. Actually I don't usually check headers, but the email address was one of a local cable internet provider, so I checked it out.

X Originating IP is what I checked.

dnsstuff says at the top resolves to : my city

Then under address it lists one in the neighboring state.

As efficient, strong and reliable as this transaction {INHERITANCE} inheritance is not acrime all over the World, a day old baby can inherit as you know even a deaf & dump and the blind can as well Inherit. ---Mr:Gregg Cesar.

ONEMORE THING NAVER YOU USE SUCH WORDS TO US AGAIN GOAT'S -- Mr.Edward Brown, ECOBANK PLC. COTE D�IVOIRE

Last edited by M.T. Head on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Case solved. See if anyone would like to guess where the lad is from.

A. Nigeria
B. Nigeria
C. Nigeria
D. Nigeria

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought so..lol I've made that mistake before... Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Always good to have another baiter from Nigeria joining the forces. Thumbs up

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm somewhat relieved, but a little confused...

I thought X Originating IP was always going to give you thhe answer.

Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I just keep checking them all until Nigeria shows up. It always does.

Jolly Roger

M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love this thing!

http://headertool.apelord.com/

Thanks YW!

M.T. Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing that confuses me (why I am not totally relieved) is that his email address ends in triad.rr.com, which I think is a local cable provider.

I wasn't aware that they had any free services, so I wonder if anything can be done? I've never seen an address like that in my catcher or baiting in general.

I feel like an idiot about that IP address!

firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

don't feel like an idiot; many of us have made the same mistake (it often seems like a required step on the way to learning how to read headers).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even without free email services, scammers can sometimes sign up for "free trials" or, for that matter, take advantage of some of the same tools and mailing services that spammers do.

Such as changing the reply to or spoofing. Just because the Reply-to or From says "[email protected]", it does not mean Billy Bob sent it. Or even that Billy Bob's ISP did. I've done the same thing with Unix shell scripts. I can send emails that look like they came from other people on campus. It's nothing but a mailx option. It's likely your lad is using a mailer of some sort.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi M.T.Head--

That would indeed have been surprising if the mugu had a traceable IP to here in 'the colonies'. YW gets a laurel, and hardy handshake in this.

I've not run across that yet---a traceable US-IP mugu-- and don't expect to, because I'd be on it to LE faster than Oprah on a Christmas ham..... The mugus--even in Texas-- know their limitations..And you can't presume that the cops would shine you off---just present the facts of what is obviously a criminal act . You can do it all by email. Doesn't necessarily need to begin and end with whatever the police do/don't do, however...

All 50 States have Attorneys-General [sic] that have an 'EFCC' of their own. They are usually more than happy ---and legally bound--to consider your evidence at the very least and report back to you. Not only--they love stuff like this! It puts a crook behind bars, educates the public, and they get to be on tv. Last year a Lagos Lad operating out of Sacramento got prison time. The case particulars escape me at the moment but not due to the suds at present.

I have in the past received real US home addys and US phone #s of the 'bag-men'. To my regret, in my early baiting days 3 yrs ago I let it all slide by, but no longer tolerate that and contact LE when the op arises.

cheerz---jervis (for the family)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic