SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

U.S. Postal Money Orders

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
John Mosby
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife is a massage therapist and received an email supposedly from the UK. Some lad wanted a massage for him and his wife for each of the five days they would be visiting "in your City"for a total of 10 massages. U.S. Postal money orderswere mailed to her in the amount of $4750.00. The masages, with tip would have been $780.00. It seems the money orders were faked in China, mailed to California, and then posted to my wife from there.
Baiting was out of the question since he had her street address and
email address. I have read of similar scams involving checks but I was assured by the Post Office that this is so common that they don't even bother trying to track the lads down!! One Post Offive inspector told me they seized a CASE of counterfiet US Postal money order from China being shipped to an address in New York.
Anyone have a way to fight back on this type of scam????

Last edited by John Mosby on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize that this is off-topic, but $780.00? Really? Is that how much a massage costs? How many massages are we talking about here?

Back to your original topic, you are correct in dropping him. From a different email account, write to him, saying something to the effect of, "Dear Sir, How many days will be in town for? And how many days do you think that you will be needing limosine service?" The odds are pretty good that he will write back, believing that he wrote to a limo service and just forgot who it was.

Once you get started with him, you have a world of opportunity with him. Sign up for a mentor and learn more.

Welcome to the Eater

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

John - If John Mosby is really your name, you might consider private messaging a moderator about changing it. . .

Read the stickies.

And welcome to the Eater!

Bruin

mod edit:

However, if your middle name is Singleton, you might want to keep the name. . .

Bruin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic