SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Advice wanted on item for sale

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dirkus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its probably been asked before but are the cops in the UK actually interested in the old lads pay extra for goodswith check routine.
I was selling an item locally and to my surprise got a email wanting it and willing to pay only by check .
Well I was expecting it to sell locally as its not something you post. Anyway I indicated that the ad had been mis-termed plus their was an extra digit missing from the price. Ok I bet my wife it was a scammer. So the clown comes back in an email days later and says its ok he still wants it. ( Its completely changed the nature of the object-the one letter btw)
His agent wants to come round etc with the overblown checque. I suppose he could just be a dupe.

"i have swindled millions of collars from u greedy white people, with same story, and i am still using it alot,, it is pay back time to what u colonial masters did to us africans during the era of slavery,,
hahahahah
we are sure getting our money back,, we africans are no more fools again,, i can even swindle uuuu with another story again,, wanna bet ??
u are a big fool"
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the guy is getting an agent to bring you a check for more than the item is selling for, this would be a scam. Has he mentioned to you to pay him back the difference? As in, if he is paying you $600 for a $450 dollar item.. is he asking you to "wire" him back the $150?

Either way (from what I read), this smells like a scam. Just please don't give out your real info to this guy, it's recommended that you drop all contact with him if he has your real name/address/city/state etc.
dirkus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes of course the check is for double the amount.
Reading between the linesThe cops are not interested unless I coax the clown or his agent to my door. As far as the scamming goes I suppose he will try to do it all through the post. Thinking about it its easy to set up honey pots for this sort of thing.
Ho well it was worth checking out I dont put up many things for sale. The opportunity to catch a scammer was worth investigating.

"i have swindled millions of collars from u greedy white people, with same story, and i am still using it alot,, it is pay back time to what u colonial masters did to us africans during the era of slavery,,
hahahahah
we are sure getting our money back,, we africans are no more fools again,, i can even swindle uuuu with another story again,, wanna bet ??
u are a big fool"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic