SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Buy my car

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Touareg
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to this site but her goes.
Advertised my car on Yahoo and got a response from a UK businessman based in Holland.

He want's to send me a cheque for the full amount + �4000 to be redirected by me via Wedster Union to his shippoing company.

I suggested bank transfer or alternatively Western Union to me.

The quality of English is rapidly deteriorating which alerted me to the scam aspect of the matter.

Any experience or good ideas
williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IT IS A SCAM!!

If you do convince a bank transfer - I doubt it... Report the account to the bank.

I'm sure someone else will follow up the bait - I have too many on the go!

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a common scam. Wink They send you a check with a little extra for the shipping company. They may even give you a litte more than the asking price, for your troubles. The check will be fake. Often banks cash these only to discover the fraud later. You will be responsible for paying back the bank and could face charges for depositing the bad check.

Tell him you've decided to keep the car. Do not attempt to bait this lad as he has your personal details.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, chances are you will be paid too much (accidently??) and asked to ship the overpricing back to the person (preferably via Western Union).
You do that and then the bank calls you, tell you that the cheque was fake/account has no money on it.. and you just lost a whole bunch of money!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No not by accident Wink

The check will be for more than the required amount...."shipping fees" to be sent via WU to the lads shipper.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic