SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New to the forum and think I have a scammer. Any advice?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was sent an email a little while ago by a Nancy Samuel Doe. Daughter of late Samuel Kanyon Doe, ex-president of Liberia. She says that her father left her 4.123USD in the Banque of Islamique Du Senegal. She wants to transfer these funds to me (i get to keep 5%) so that the money is in America. I get the money, send her some, and she flies over here.

She gave me all the info about the account and bank that the money is in. I contacted the bank and they said that the transfer is possible. I know that the fact that this info checked out good is not a green light to go ahead and do it.

i am informed by the bank that I need to send them documents including a Draft of an application letter requesting for the transfer of the funds into my country, a Letter of administration from the local Municipal in Senegal, Powerof Attorney dully signed by a Senegal based lawyer, an Affadavit of oath/support from the high court of Senegal, and a scanned copy of my passport/driver's liscense (i am really iffy about sending a copy of my passport).

This Nancy Samuel Doe contacted a lawyer in Senegal by the name of Barrister Hazma Ba (legit?) and he said he could prepare all these documents for me for the fee of 850 Euros. This fee has to be paid up front because these are government documents whose reciept is only valid upon payment. I even called this lawyer and it sounded for real to me.

Everything she has told me has been true up to this point. Some things lead me to believe that this is not a scam, ie:Only telling me I will get 5% of the money (that is only a little over 200K. most of these scammers promise more), the fact that ALL of this fits together (i am aware that these scammers work as teams too), she has not asked me for any information about myself and niether has the bank or lawyer, no checks have entered into the conversation so far. I have also searched all the names and companies and all the searches have turned up clean. I have not found any dirt on any of them.
The 850 Euros fee the lawyer needs to process my documents (i am supposed to send this money western union to his office) has me a little jittery over this, but I don't know anything of Senegal law and its workings.

What do you's guys think?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

100% scam mate. Unless you are a lucky chap who often gets offered millions of $ via email from someone you've never heard of. Seriously though if this person has ANY real information on you (name address, phone no') then stop contacting them immediately. They are not nice people to pi$$ off.
Everything you describe above is pure lad.. If you decide to hang around then welcome. Remember to bait safe and read the stickies Wink

Edit:read through the 'Publish your work' forum. A lot will look very similar

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dustin wrote:
Everything she has told me has been true up to this point.

Yes, apart from the fact that you never spoke to a real bank or a real lawyer, Nancy Samuel (what kind of name is this anyway?) is a bloke and none of the funds exist. I'm terribly sorry Dustin, but Rodus is right. No doubt about it. Wink

Dustin wrote:
This fee has to be paid up front

That's why it's called "advance fee fraud".

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

200% pure scam.
Some mugus will ask for a small amount ranging from $100
to $4,000 for lawers fee.

If you have provided this mugu with personal information just stop corresponding with him. He will soon go away.
I am glad you did not fall for the scam.

Welcome to the eater and read as much as you can. You can find a lot of samples of different types of scams in the surplus forum.

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, everybody. I did forget to mention that I did talk to this girl on the phone recently. I know that doesn't make everything A-OK. She recently sent me her UN refugee card and father's death cert. to prove herself to me. I will post. I've never seen either kinds of these documents before and don't know what they're supposed to look like, but they lok a little hokey to me[/img]Nancy_ID_Card[1]_JPG.htm.[img]DEATH_CERTIFICATE_OF_LATE_MR-DOE[1]_JPG.htm[/img]
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a fake card, trust me. This is a scam, trust me. Look through the picture forum here, or even better, the Hall of Shame. You will find things that I bet bear a striking resemblence to this identity card.

If not you can bet your life savings this stuff from a real victim that these mugus got in their possesion.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, gotcha. oh well, I guess it's back to trying to make money the old fashion way.....by just working more, lol. If anyone else has more input, I'd gladly appreciate it.
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thedevguy67----If your assumption is true, is there anything I can do to help? i see what you mean. Just because i spoke to her doesn't mean what she says is true. Yeah, these mugus could just have her in the basement somewhere talking to me. Is there a way I could search her IP address?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These people are criminals - quite possibly killers.

I always get a slight chill run up my spine when I get an invite from one of these scammers to go visit them, and I get quite a few. I know they aren't planning a tea party for me, and I know what has happened to other people who have accepted such an offer, and it wasn't even a quick death.

You are alive and not out of pocket. That sounds good to me.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^As the others have said, with two additions:

1. Heya Dustin, welcome to Eater!

2. Please do not be tempted to bait this scammer if he has ANY real information on you, that includes your personal email address.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you say bait, i think I know what you mean. You mean to try to lure them into something? like possibly getting them prosecuted? They have my personal email and my name. I will stop contacting them. Do most scammers just lose interest after a while?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait as in waste their time and money and drive them nuts in the process.
Getting them prosecuted is nigh on impossible (although it has happened) and as for them losing interest, you can keep them going for months once you get some experience. Could I suggest posting in the mentor thread.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Dustin - I didn't mean to frighten you. If he knows your details and you drop him by ignoring him are you safe ? - Yes.

There's more chance you'll get hit by a meteorite dressed as a clown playing a xylophone. He doesn't have the resouces to travel to where you are and he has no reason to do so.

When we bait a scammer, we give them more reason to hunt us down, but even then the risks are not great, moreso because we bait safe using standard methods of common sense protection. That's why we don't advise you to bait any scammer who knows your identity.

It is not uncommon for us to receive death threats - its the way scammers let us know we are doing a good job Wink It's quite funny if he threatens he is coming to Paris to blow my face off - 'cause I don't live there. Not so funny if he uses my real name and address.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dustin. As everyone has said this is a standard 419 scam. Just in case you were in any doubt, none of the scammers are who they say they are. The woman you talked to is probably the girlfriend of one of the scammers, or maybe a scammer herself. Rest assured that none of them have any connection to Nancy Samuel Doe, they are just a bunch of criminals who have picked her name to make their scam more believable. The bank you contacted is not a real bank, just another scammer sitting in an Internet cafe. He probably uses the name of a real bank, but he doesn't work for it; he just uses its name. Likewise the lawyer. The documents you were sent are either forgeries or are re-used copies that the scammers received from other victims.

I didn't find an example of the letter you received, but here is a similar one, purporting to be from her daughter Rose; same amount of money, same percentage.
http://the-world-in-focus.com/blog/?p=3080

Here is a bait on this site featuring Miriam Abacha, a similar wife of a deposed leader:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69013&highlight=abacha

As everyone has said you should just stop responding to the scammers and have nothing more to do with them or their non-existent money. Once they have given up on you they may try other scams. A favorite one is where they pretend to be some legal body that wants to convict the original scammers, but needs your help to do so. Needless to say there will soon be fees to be paid.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Dustin
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, thud419. That's it, word-for-word, just with a different name. I didn't know a man could have two only daughters. What a talent, lol. Thanks again everyone. You perform a great service.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dustin. Glad you're getting the idea. Your letter is pure scammage perpetrated by a lying crook. Thud couldn't have said it better. If he knows any of your personal details, drop it like a boulder off a cliff face, and don't look back.
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dustin and welcome.
No need for paranoia, these people don't want to kill you, they just want your money. Leave him in the dust and pick up another one of the 1000's available. Just read up and bait safe.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Dustin

If you want to help you can always read the stickies and learn what you can about 419 scams. Even if you don't become a baiter, we need as many folks as we can to spread the word about these scams. Good people get taken every day. Recently a friend of mine (who happens to be a police officer) was taken for about $4000 on an overpayment bad check scam. I just found out last week an elderly woman (who is a well educated retired professional) from my area lost $8800 to a 419 e-mail scam.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
insertanally
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dustin
Just recently, here in New Zealand, there was a TV news story about this woman who was so taken in by the scammers that she has sent them somewhere in the region of $200,000.00 (TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS). What is worse is that she's got her FAMILY backing her, trying to get money out of them. It started with the standard "poor me" scam and has progressed to the "Authorities cracking down on the scammers" scam. I personally cannot understand how an otherwise intelligent woman got taken in.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@insertanally

have a look this thread for the link to the video:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104081

I like you because I can sense some kind of strictness in you which reassures me that you are a straigth forward person - M@mudu U5m@n

"I must tell you that you must be one of these internet bugs parasites" - An ongoing lad.

ASSHOL, EAT YOUR DEFICATE., USELESS SOON OF BITCH, POLICT TOILET AND A MISSRABLE ONDIGAR BORN TO BE FAUSTRATED FOR LIFE THAT IS WHAT YOUR ARE.OK - Barrister D0ugla5 Clarl3

pony Closed lad accounts x 4
insertanally
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx jimmy I didn't get the link cos I still fairly new to this sort of fuller interaction with the web

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Dustin, to get these lads off your back you just have to say is that you are totally broke and can afford to pay anything. You won't believe how fast they will drop you if they think they will get no money out of you!

As it is difficult for a carmel, to pass through the eye of a needle, so it is for a refugee, to get short terms loan here in Africa - Barr Godwin Otemba
Every time you get a million dollars, something queers the deal - Homer

Check out <a href="http://members.419eater.com/~emma_stralian/forms.html" target="new">Emma's Funky Forms</a>. Death threats guaranteed or your money back!
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dustin,

They only offered you 5%??? Cheap bastards! Lowest cut of the pie I've ever heard of! Tell them that you don't get out of bed in the morning for less than 35%.

cheerz, jervis tetch--mad hatter (for the family)
Jungle-Jay
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I Got The Same Letter, Except Her Name Was Jenneth Samuel K Doe Word For Word ,Different Name!
sei84
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just received a similar letter as well, except instead of nancy the name was Janet. I also googled Samual Kanyon Doe and found nothing of him having a daughter, and found several different names in place of nancy and Janet. I really believe this is a scam, don't let your guard down. The letters that I compared the one I received match it word for word. Copy and pasted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic