SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some Questions & Advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys,

I�ve got a couple of questions:

1. I�ve set-up a free email account at lycos.com to catch scam email. Will this be sufficiently secure to prevent the lads from tracing me?
2. What sort of success rate do you guys have? If you respond to say 10 scam emails how many lads would respond back and then how many would you expect to become star performers?

I�ve dipped my toe into the water and sent the following response to a kind gentleman who wants to deposit $92M into my bank account

Lxxxx Yxxxx Cxxxxxxxxxx of Sxxxxxxxxxxx
Honourable Ixx Pxxxxxxx Fxxxxx MC JP PhD
Chairman and Chief Financial Officer

Dear Dr Mxxxxxx Lxxxx,

Thank you for selecting me for your kind offer. Unfortunately my corporation is currently engaged in building a fleet of luxury ocean going yachts for a Caribbean client. This contract is over five hundred million dollars and is currently at a highly critical stage with delivery of the fleet due later this month. As a key executive in the negotiations I am unable to devote any of my time to any other matters. This unfortunately includes the business transaction that you have proposed.

However my secretary Miss Txxxxx Mxxxxxxx, who has my full confidence and access to the necessary financial instruments is available and willing to rapidly progress this matter.

Could you please advise by return email your agreement to deal with Miss Mxxxxxxx instead of myself

If the good doctor(?) responds I haven�t decided what to do with him but with Mxx Txxxxx Mxxxxxxxx involved it will degenerate into something that the doctor will ultimately regret. Any comments/suggestions?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1: Probably yes although it doesn't mask your IP like gmail and hushmail.
stick your ip in here: http://www.ip-adress.com/ if it doesn't come up in your home street then you should be fine. (people can be over paranoid about their ip addresses)

2: Impossible to tell unfortunately, but we do our worst Twisted Evil

when I started baiting I just used to do things like waste their money calling a k7.net phone number and popping down to the WU with dodgy forms to be rejected. Remember, as long as you bait safe the sky's the limit. Oh and read the stickies, there may be questions Wink

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always test it by e-mailing yourself... then use the ip in the e-mail header to trace it.

As for the success, it depends. Smart lads will require a good script to bite. While brickhead lads will bite almost everytime.

I send out 20 opening scripts and about 5 of them will bite. Once I get them on the hook, my trophy success rate is about 50%.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rodus Longus

I tried tracing my ip last night. The best I could do was to get the right country but in a city around 500 miles from where I live.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is quite often the case. Mine often apears in Marina Del Rey (although I live in the UK) So you should be quite safe. Most lads no more understand an IP address then they do quantum physics.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can also Google your IP. If you are using your computer at work you might get the name of your Company.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I�ve got it figured this way. If I send out 50 responses to scam emails then I should get to �chat� with say 10 lads but half of these will be boring little sh-ts who stick religiously to their script. This will leave me with around 5 interesting characters from whom I might get around 2 or 3 trophies.

So far I�ve only responded 3 emails with no return responses as yet so it�s still far too early to even think of giving up. If there is one thing that the world has plenty of then it�s spam and hey even coming up with an initial response is kinda fun.

I�ve just responded to a lottery scam claiming to have a grandmother on death�s door and that I�ll do just about anything to get the money � should get the lad�s attention.

I checked the IP of one of my �normal� work emails � all I got was a government building several suburbs away.
Rollo_Tomasi
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Barney
You might have to find a different type of lad for your first bait. Lotto Lads tend to work on a precise format. Once you try to break that, they'll drop you quick.
Try a inheritance or trunk box lad. They'll usually be more off-script friendly.
And take your time. Good trophies take months to develop.
You have to build trust or the lad will drop you.
Good Luck,
R-T

but know they are insultive

I really want to know why you have picked on email and keep writing me with all these abusive and embarrassing words

THANKS FOR PLAYING ME AS A GMAIL MAN
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi [Hic] BarneyG--welcome--

Forget about the lads being "interesting characters" as you said. They are all criminals. YOU are the one that needs to be the interesting one in their eyes.

As for a success rate--don't measure it ultimately by trophy photos and phony IDs..I have obtained many, had some posted here. But I just go for the long-bait in general. Frustrating them for weeks/months is always my goal and satisfaction.

Just by wasting the time and cost to even 1 mugu--if you never continue after that---you have made the world a better place. I on the other hand will bait mugus until I go to that great hatter in the sky.

cheerz jervis tetch---mad hatter
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree that by simply keeping them busy doing useless stuff is saving someone from be defrauded by these maggots.

On the subject of being "interesting characters". Maggots are interesting animals, pond slime is an interesting plant but I certainly wouldn't want either anywhere near me. Interesting is I believe a valid description but that doesn't stop them from being the scum of creation.
Ziggyzap
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ In a strange way I will miss one or two of my lads when they are gone
One has rang me every morning at 8.30am for the last 6 or seven days. It nice to know someone is thinking of you.

MAY YOU DIE A DEAD BEFORE YOUR DEATH.

iF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A TESTICLE BETWEEN YOUR TWO LEG GO AND GIVE YOUR
MOTHER BELLE EWU LIKE YOU
www.owenswinebar.co.nr
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Sounds like you have an international alarm clock. Laughing
halloween
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ anti-419, what's this line means?

"I send out 20 opening scripts and about 5 of them will bite. Once I get them on the hook, my trophy success rate is about 50%" ??

Btw, if anyone knows the line above, please explain it to me clearly.. Embarassed

Nigeria
Mr Ben
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barney, I`m new to this too. I "answered" about 7 or 8 before I got a bite. He is a good one though and I already have a trophy pic. I only have the time and ability to handle one at a time so, for now, this will do for me.
Ziggyzap
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ted Bullpit wrote:
^^^

Sounds like you have an international alarm clock. Laughing

Its great, 20 mins every morning must be costing him a shit load of money.
All he seems to say is hello and thank you.

MAY YOU DIE A DEAD BEFORE YOUR DEATH.

iF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A TESTICLE BETWEEN YOUR TWO LEG GO AND GIVE YOUR
MOTHER BELLE EWU LIKE YOU
www.owenswinebar.co.nr
Left Hand Luke
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

halloween wrote:
@ anti-419, what's this line means?

"I send out 20 opening scripts and about 5 of them will bite. Once I get them on the hook, my trophy success rate is about 50%" ??

Btw, if anyone knows the line above, please explain it to me clearly.. Embarassed

Translation: for every 20 emails I send to lads, 5 respond. Once they are into my bait, about half of them send a picture or item or other trophy

lets see, 2.5 out of 20, thats a 12% success rate. Pretty good, I'm probably around 5%.
Benjamin_Franklin
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're worried about your IP being exposed, you could simply continue to catch the 419 emails in your Lycos account, but reply to them from a different account at a site that does hide your IP, such as GMail.com or Fastmail.fm.

"BIG BODY LIKE ELEPHANT, small knowledge and wisdom like mosquito. SHAME ON YOU THE FIRST FOOL OF THE GREATEST ORDER." - Wilson Smith<br>"I HAVE A GOOD NEWS FOR YOU, YOU CAN STILL QUIT THIS JOB BEFORE YOU GO HANGYOURSELF." - Wilson Smith<br>"I want you to understand that those guys at Western Union are nothing but enemies of progress" - Jude 0koya

Closed lad accounts Easter Egg 2012
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a list of email addresses from some sites mentioned on the forum.
I sent them out a script. They reply.I reply each of them with a script. This goes on for a while. Then I select a few guys that I find funky and keep on with them. I am just a starter in this, so I do not have too much experience with trophys and such. I am just a simple soul doing its best.
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my first nibble.

Thank you for your replying to this deal but because of your engagement with your present bussiness, you want us to discuss with your secretary Miss Txxxxx McMxxxxxx,but u have to discuss it with her on how you will get your share with her before u will get her involve in this transaction,But as u said that u are backing her,we agree to deal with her but you hav to discuss with her first to avoid any setback.

Clearly my lad believes that owning a major ship building complex in a totally land-locked Canadian province is perfectly normal. I hope that he'll come to regret ever agreeing to deal with Miss Txxxxx McMxxxxxxx
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barney,

You didn't mention previously that you were presenting yourself as a Canadian shipping magnate/'magnet'. And from what you say, one located in Alberta or Sasky. No other Canadian Province is truly land-locked. The lads do check the map once in a while--primarily to see how close you are to them getting their hands on your money.

Just to let you know, The Lads DO have contacts in Canada---primarily the Big 3--Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. The Canadian Immigration Policy seems to be to let almost anyone in...and that includes Lads. But this is not about international policy.

None in the Prairie Provinces that I have seen so far, they're fish out of water there. But never under-estimate the enemy. Calgary & Edmonton are nothing to sneeze at and there could be a few Lads there just in case they are needed to validate a scam.

If you portray yourself as being in Canada, they might take you to task on it. If so, tell them you suddenly moved to Nunavat Province, or Whitehorse Yukon Terr., or are now running from the polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba. Either way, your Canadian lad connection will never get there and you can always blame bad phone service due to snow and bears chewing the phone wires. ["mobile phones here in northern Canada? What's that, eh?"]

cheerz, jervis tetch--mad hatter
halloween
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Left Hand Luke..

Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic