SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scammer???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Northern_Rambler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this email from my Zorphia profile. I'm pretty sure he is a scammer, but I must say that the writing style is better than I'm used to. Also, his pics seem too good to be true:

Hi M,
How are you today?... Hope you are doing great. Honestly i've not figured out what to write but i guess i must say something to you..while i hope it will get your attention. After going through your profile, i must admit that you have an absolute unique personality. They call me Daniel. Am truly new at this but when i was going thru the site i saw your amazing profile.The first time i ever saw your face, i felt your heart so close to mine..You are a beauty; the kind of beauty makeup can't create..It's crystal clear am looking at the world�s most beautiful creation..It's obvious that you will meet the man of your dream as there are still good and morally sound men out there anxiously waiting to meet a wonderful lady like you...
I really would've loved to be the man you seek for, to always make you happy and see to it that everyday of your life is fulfilled but we live oceans apart...Yeah i live very far from you but i'll still like to be your friend..I acknowledge this might sound rather impossible but i do mean it.We can make the most of a distance friendship/relationship and keep each other informed on what's happening around us..Have to add that you are really really beautiful..lol..
Take good care of yourself. Hope to read from you soon.
Daniel

Tha Bad 1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

looks like a fake pic
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im no love scammer expert but i would say tred carefully with this.
Theres nothing to suggest he,s a scammer in the text, more a european guy that has maybe stole a few lines from an online chat up site.
His picture screams lad however he could have used it to reel you in and then admit its not him.
Paging Wayne for opinion

pony pony Mortar x18
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have a look at the email headers (or post them here) and compare them to where he claims to be from. The pic looks like a model anyway.
Darksoul
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure the guy in the picture is a Spanish actor but be damned if I can remember the name...
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do you have on him apart from the single letter ans picture? The photo looks like it's been stolen from a modelling site. He may have slipped up once int he letter when he says "Am truly new at this". It's never "I am", always "Am" for some reason. And (and I'm so glad this is sinking in) what about the headers? Does he claim to be from the USA but have somewhere else in the headers? Ooh, questions questions questions.

One more point. He's very good looking guy. Do you really believe he has to go online to find a woman? Really??

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I replied and got this back:

Dear, thankx for your message. I looked forward to your reply, now that i've got it i think the next step would be to connect. I live in london and am an IT pro.You have an impeccable personality which is attracts me to you.
Am single, no kids. Are you single and have you ever been in love? Do you have yahoo account, do you chat there too? You can email me. it's [email protected]. Hope to read your reply soon. We've got a lot to talk about because there is something about you that fills my heart with joy..

Here's another photo:

I have little doubt that he's a total scammer. Hmmmm... I wonder what I should do.
wayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first pic looked like something from focusagencyhawaii.com but the second one definately isn't. And again with the "am" bit. "Am single, no kids". Has he sent you an email yet you can check the headers on. He claims to live in London. Odds are you'll find the headers show him as somewhere totally different.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
What do you have on him apart from the single letter ans picture? The photo looks like it's been stolen from a modelling site. He may have slipped up once int he letter when he says "Am truly new at this". It's never "I am", always "Am" for some reason. And (and I'm so glad this is sinking in) what about the headers? Does he claim to be from the USA but have somewhere else in the headers? Ooh, questions questions questions.

One more point. He's very good looking guy. Do you really believe he has to go online to find a woman? Really??

Actually, Zorphia is not really a dating site. It's kinda like a "my space."

I do have a profile on a real dating site, though, and I can honestly say that there are quite a few attractive guys that are trying internet dating. I know because I met a few of them. Wink

I agree... the pics are too glam. Who walks around with their shirt unbuttoned?

No claims he's from the US, but he most certainly does not strike me as a native Brit. Maybe he should have told me I was the dog's bullocks, LOL... I might believe him then. Wink
Northern_Rambler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wayne,

I'm such a newbie... how do I find the headers?
wayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It all depends on your email provider. Who are you with? Yahoo? Hotmail? Or do you use your ISP given one (a big no-no if you are)?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mainly use Hotmail.
wayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. Switch back to the old style if you're on the beta version. Then do this.

On the upper right hand side of the screen you'll see "Options". Click on it, click on "mail" on the right hand side if it's not already highlighted. Go to "Mail Display Settings". Where it says "Message Headers", change the option to "Advanced". Once that's done, click on "OK" and you'll see the headers of all the emails you get sent.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can bet my car it's a scam. Not only "am", but also "Hope to read from you soon", wants to chat on messenger too fast, somewhat modeling pic plus this mailbox was opened just 3 days ago. This is not a focushawaii pic, but the pics like that (half-professional) can be found on sites like models.com, which is full of models-wannabes.

But sure do what Wayne says, look at IP. Just so you have a peace of mind. Wink But I am sure it's a scam, dealing with these creeps for too long. LOL

Northern_Rambler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the latest from my charmer. It scored a perfect 10 on the barfometer:

Hi M,
How are you today?... Hope you are doing great. Honestly i've not figured out what to write but i guess i must say something to you..while i hope it will get your attention. After going through your profile, i must admit that you have an absolute unique personality. They call me Daniel. Am truly new at this but when i was going thru the site i saw your amazing profile.The first time i ever saw your face, i felt your heart so close to mine..You are a beauty; the kind of beauty makeup can't create..It's crystal clear am looking at the world�s most beautiful creation..It's obvious that you will meet the man of your dream as there are still good and morally sound men out there anxiously waiting to meet a wonderful lady like you...
I really would've loved to be the man you seek for, to always make you happy and see to it that everyday of your life is fulfilled but we live oceans apart...Yeah i live very far from you but i'll still like to be your friend..I acknowledge this might sound rather impossible but i do mean it.We can make the most of a distance friendship/relationship and keep each other informed on what's happening around us..Have to add that you are really really beautiful..lol..
Take good care of yourself. Hope to read from you soon.
Daniel

I wrote back and told him I'd add him to my Yahoo messenger. I did not give him my addy... should I create a different one? Not sure if I want to bait him, I just want to waste a bit of his time.

Last edited by Northern_Rambler on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Northern_Rambler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW, thanks to all who replied to this thread. I'm still such a newbie but am learnin'.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scott Peterson has internet acess from Condemed Row at San Quintien. Good for him! Thats not easy to do!
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going with scammer on this one.

I see he's a Roberta Flack fan Laughing

Quote:
Written By:
E. MacColl
Lyrics:
The first time ever I saw your face
I thought the sun rose in your eyes
And the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave
To the dark and the endless skies, my love

And the first time ever I kissed your mouth
I felt the earth move through my hand
Like the trembling heart of a captive bird
That was there at my command, my love

And the first time ever I lay with you
I felt your heart so close to mine

Next he'll be off to Africa on business..... Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Northern_Rambler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the header from the email he sent. Can anyone figure it out?

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from web62114.mail.re1.yahoo.com ([69.147.74.252]) by bay0-mc12-f6.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Tue, 6 Mar 2007 04:36:03 -0800
Received: (qmail 87439 invoked by uid 60001); 6 Mar 2007 12:36:02 -0000
Received: from [62.56.140.114] by web62114.mail.re1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 06 Mar 2007 04:36:02 PST
X-Message-Info: LsUYwwHHNt3660MmjhEvYg2f34OAemlK3oXsmRrh6gU=
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 06 Mar 2007 12:36:03.0753 (UTC) FILETIME=[01076190:01C75FEC]
wayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=62.56.140.114

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You rock, Wayne...thank you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic