SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Broadband dropping

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are there any other UK Ti$$cali broadband users here and if so are you having a problem with constant connection dropping after 6 pm cause it's really starting to get beyond a joke for me Evil or Very Mad

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Carrott
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with N.T.(Hel)L. and every so often my connection drops. When I unplug/reconnect the modem, it kicks back in.

Their only saving grace is that the cable/phone/BB package is cheap or I'd tell them to go forth and multiply (maybe phrased differently though)
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My connection kicks back in after about 20 secs but it happens about every 5 mins. It's driving me up the wall banghead

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Carrott
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would really get on my nerves. Could it be due to a dodgy cable/lead? A friend of mine was saying about the time he was asked to look at a mate's pc cos he was having similar problems, and he reckoned it was due to the cable going from the phone socket to the modem being damaged.

As for NTL or is it Virgin now? (think they've been bought out), my connection totally stops, as if the modem crashes. Like I posted above, a unplug/reconnect cures it. It's totally random though. it can happen a couple of times a night, then I don't have any problems for weeks.
Dr.R.Head
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't touch Tiscali with a bargepole these days. Heard far too many things about them, and I know people who have been with them and moved away.

Check your microfilters - I've had a couple go bad for no apparent reason. eBuyer sell branded ones for �8. I'd recommend these. (I actually have these, got them on sale).

Test your connection with the modem/router plugged into the master socket with nothing else connected except the modem/router. Test both with and without the filter - you shouldn't run without a filter, but if the modem is the only device on the line then you'll get away with it for testing purposes. It'll help determine if your filters are good or not.

If you're connecting using a modem-router, take a look in its log file (if it keeps one) and see what's going on. Even if you don't understand it, someone else will, so take a wander over to the forums at thinkbroadband.com (used to be adslguide.org.uk) - click here.

It's interesting it's just after 6pm. Is it at 6pm dead that the problem starts? Have you talked to Tiscali support, see what they think? Do post up on adslguide, other people may well have similar problems and you may find help there.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have a PM

get your baiting forms here
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My DSL connection used to drop occasionally. It was the modem.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You should count yourselves lucky, Im with TalkTalk (not for much longer). For the last month I've had no phone, and internet at dial up speed. It's back to BT with my tail between my legs! Evil or Very Mad

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Nick L Cadmium
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My brother-in-law is with BT and his connection when using Skype cuts out every 4-5 mins. I have called several others in the UK on Skype and the call is always flawless. Could this be the same thing? Time seems to make no difference but we usually call evenings GMT.

It will be better if you can give me your mother to have some nice sex with her - Mosola Mickelson
TO HELL WITH YOU MR. MACK TRUQUE WHAT A HOPELESS ANIMAL YOU ARE - Susan Yehuda
MONEY TALKS BULL-SHIRT WORKS - Mrs Angel Macathy (orphanage scambag)
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im with plusnet(just sold out to BT) sorry now renamed to minusnet because their
service is nothing short of awful.

is there such a good ISP in this country anymore??

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with BT Business Broadband.

From my router status :
Line Rate 7616 Kbps
Line Up Time Duration 43:23:30:21

It's been up 43 days (and went off when I had the power off doing some work).

get your baiting forms here
WebWitch
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone on Orange.....I bet not....hardly anyone can stay on line for more than 5 mins. (Recent upgrade to 8 meg - yeah right!. being the main problem.
Watchdog are doing a survey into providers at the moment.
See here & register your discontent!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/broadband_survey.shtml

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My friend uses virgin - media connection (originally telewest, i feel bad i recommended him as i used telewest when it was only telewest with very few if any issues, i then moved onto orange and now normally use either telewest of if im baiting a remote gprs setup (untraceable))

The issue seems widespread, and in his case the engineer is appearing tomorrow between 12 and 4, so i will keep you posted as to the outcome of the events and the cause of the breakdowns - the engineer may know.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
is there such a good ISP in this country anymore??

Been with Demon since 2004. Never had a problem. Only outages have been due to filters (had to replace one about 3 weeks ago) & phone line problems (cable damaged when roof being repaired). �24.99/mth - not the cheapest, but that's unlimited download. Not sure about the speed - I remember getting a letter a few months ago telling me they were upgrading.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hear Pipex have a fairly good name. It's definately not my modem as i've tried it round a mates for 48 hrs and it was flawless. It's not spyware or a virus as I have a Mac and we don't get them. The fact it only happens after 6 pm suggests to me that Tiscalis servers are swamped and i'm seriously thinking about swapping isp's

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ the timing factor certainly makes it sound like their servers, but I remember when I first went on broadband - had a USB modem & I also use an iMac. Kept dropping out for no apparent reason. After a fair bit of searching I found that it wasn't an uncommon problem with the iMac - apparently the USB port was only just able to supply enough power for the modem - if power usage went up for any reason, the modem dropped the connection. Temporarily cured it by hooking the modem up via a powered hub. Eventually switched to an ethernet modem.

Closed lad accounts x2

"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got an ethernet x-modem (core2duo imacs hate usb modems and usually won't even recognise them) and thanks to eammon now know that it's definately Tiscali's fault so i've sent them another email saying if they don't sort it soon i'm swapping isp's

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
core2duo imacs

Ooooohhhhh, nice. I'm still on a G4. keep trying to persuade 'the boss' that we need to upgrade, but she wants a greenhouse & garage instead Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x2

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Safecom router/modem and Demon- no problems in 18 months!!! Download speed shows at up to 800K!!! ( when i am downloading a big file)

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ iMike: I started on a mac plus, then a performa 5200 and powerbook 5300(both rubbish) and then a G3 233 iMac, then a G3 400 iMac, G4 1ghz ibook (probably the most unreliable machine i've ever owned due the the designs inherant motherboard problems) and finally I bought a 2Ghz core2duo. The best mac i've had without a doubt and fast as hell. It far out runs my G5 owning mates machines (and doesn't need 9 fans and a liquid cooling system Rolling Eyes )

music man, that sounds pretty good. I maylook into Demon as again i've heard pretty good thing about them.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the big selling points for me was the reviews for Demon which universally were complimentary about the tech support and customer service "back office" bits.

That said i have never needed to speak to anyone at the company Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nildram. Not cheap, but good tech support and no issues that weren't down to BT.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i've still heard absolutely nothing back from Tiscali. I know that as soon as I try to move they'll offer me various incentives to stay but the only thing I want is a broadband connection that actually works, not really to much to ask.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been on Pipex since broadband came out, virually. although I worry that �23 odd a month seems dear compared with all the offers including the phone calls I see from Sky, Tiscali, Talk Talk etc, it works very reliably, and gets faster and faster.

It does slow down at lunchtime when all the office workers get a chance to play, and in the evenings when all the little dears are chatting to each other or learning on Youtube how to crash through my fence for a laugh, but thats when slower ISP's have ground to a halt I guess.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing is that Tiscali is the cheapest for unlimited broadband and telephone any other unlimited offers seem about �20-�25 and thats usually without phone deals.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic